ODFL | Tannersville Pa

ODFL 65

TB Lurker
Credits
What's the exit number or address for the old Roadway NE Break facility OD has purchased? I understand that Walmart was or are they still occupying it as a WPM. DC ? I know ID has plans to move the NE Break from HRS to here also that Scranton will be moving to the smaller facility on that location? Any updates or word ? Anderson SC is going through final inspection and set to open some time this month extr 32 of I85 also future plans for a large facility to be built in Concord NC which will be taking the place of Greensboro NC being the NE break, There's land that has been purchased in Mebane NC off exit 152 I85 and is said construction will begin for a facility that will combine Greensboro NC and Durham NC thus making sense of Kernersville facility being built and opened 18 months ago yet only 20 miles from Greensboro!

What's the exit number or address for the old Roadway NE Break facility OD has purchased? I understand that Walmart was or are they still occupying it as a WPM. DC ? I know ID has plans to move the NE Break from HRS to here also that Scranton will be moving to the smaller facility on that location? Any updates or word ? Anderson SC is going through final inspection and set to open some time this month extr 32 of I85 also future plans for a large facility to be built in Concord NC which will be taking the place of Greensboro NC being the NE break, There's land that has been purchased in Mebane NC off exit 152 I85 and is said construction will begin for a facility that will combine Greensboro NC and Durham NC thus making sense of Kernersville facility being built and opened 18 months ago yet only 20 miles from Greensboro!
Wonder what OD is thinking now that the former Yellow break at Maybrook is available. Of course when Yellow and Roadway merged Yellow moved operations out of Tannersville and into Maybrook. Stay tuned. :smile new:

That's it...thanks by Google earth looks like they have gotten Walmart out and I'm assuming that OD is well into renovation on this facility?

I have no idea. I think GO40 was there making a delivery not too long ago, he might have an idea of how it's moving along.

OD in Durham recently swapped terminals with TForce - trading their 45/50ish door barn for an 80/90ish door barn along with OD gaining a shop and fuel bay.
It's a bandaid/temporary solution to a long term and growing problem of being landlocked! It also proves that T Force Freight dosen't have much freight or business? #next ltl to go out of business? I'm sure the land purchased off I85 exit 152 Mebane NC is planned for a Dur/Gbo merger, thus moving the Gbo mini n/e break bulk operation to Concord NC facility as future plans !

That's it...thanks by Google earth looks like they have gotten Walmart out and I'm assuming that OD is well into renovation on this facility?
They are putting a lot of money into that place, probably would have been cheaper to level it and start from scratch. There are two separate docks & a garage. They are only renovating the one dock & the garage at this time. From working there the place is night & day....

They are putting a lot of money into that place, probably would have been cheaper to level it and start from scratch. There are two separate docks & a garage. They are only renovating the one dock & the garage at this time. From working there the place is night & day....
Tearing it down would mean going to the town/city for a new building- might not get what you want. Renovating an existing terminal is easier- yes you will need permits and such but you can get it open easier.

According to my buddy that works in Allentown, they will start hiring on December 15th.
Just talked to a OD driver today & he said 4 are transferring up from the Scranton terminal. From not knowing if they were going to have a city operation out of there to servicing 140 or 240 zip codes ( can’t remember the number he told me)

Just talked to a OD driver today & he said 4 are transferring up from the Scranton terminal. From not knowing if they were going to have a city operation out of there to servicing 140 or 240 zip codes ( can’t remember the number he told me)
When exactly are they transferring ??

I'm line haul out of Kernersville. Are you saying once done, in Mebane, they will close GBO terminal and move everything to Mebane? From what all I've heard, they aren't going to expand KNC at all and not looking to add any bids on LH. There are only 11 bids and 2 shuttles.

This info is not at all accurate. You should all disregard.