ODFL | Tannersville Pa

IMG_8141.md.jpeg IMG_8142.md.jpeg IMG_8137.md.jpeg IMG_8139.md.jpegWas taking with OD management while making a delivery & he said 2/23/24 is the opening day for Tannersville pa. Only a 12 driver city board & the rest is linehaul….
Did you ask how many linehaul driver they will need?? I'm going to the job fair next week.

Roadway had over 300 LH drivers there at one time. Serviced Northern NJ, NY, and all of New England. I started there a year after it opened. It was a good place to work and a great area to live in back in 1975. Not so much now.
They are only using the front dock & the garage. I worked up there 6 months before going to ABF & I can tell you OD spared no expense fixing that place up….

They are only using the front dock & the garage. I worked up there 6 months before going to ABF & I can tell you OD spared no expense fixing that place up….

It definitely looks like they dumped a bunch of money into it. That's one of the smoothest docks I've ever seen. I wonder how long it'll stay like that.

IMG_8141.md.jpeg IMG_8142.md.jpeg IMG_8137.md.jpeg IMG_8139.md.jpegWas taking with OD management while making a delivery & he said 2/23/24 is the opening day for Tannersville pa. Only a 12 driver city board & the rest is linehaul….
I’m delivering here today & they told me the opening day is pushed back until march….Having trouble hiring a 140 people.

Dockworkers don't get drug tested. I believe the 140 he's referring to is drivers. People are reluctant to jump ship in this time of economic uncertainty and a lot of people have automatic restrictions.
I have applied for a Linehaul position before Christmas and they still haven't called me yet. 🤷🏼 Nearly 6 years of driving experience with a clean record and no restrictions. I also put my buddy's name on the application as a reference.

I work for the competitor LTL that's non union btw

I have applied for a Linehaul position before Christmas and they still haven't called me yet. 🤷🏼 Nearly 6 years of driving experience with a clean record and no restrictions. I also put my buddy's name on the application as a reference.

I work for the competitor LTL that's non union btw

It doesn't make sense to do anything now. I doubt they're doing formal interviews for this. It's probably just run the background, do the physical and drug test and a start date. They're probably waiting to have all the applicants they need before pulling the trigger on that. There also doing a **** poor job of letting people know they're hiring. No billboards, no ads.... How is anybody supposed to know when people aren't actively looking right now?

It doesn't make sense to do anything now. I doubt they're doing formal interviews for this. It's probably just run the background, do the physical and drug test and a start date. They're probably waiting to have all the applicants they need before pulling the trigger on that. There also doing a **** poor job of letting people know they're hiring. No billboards, no ads.... How is anybody supposed to know when people aren't actively looking right now?
They have ads on Indeed. If you go to Indeed and put in Old Dominion Freight and Tannersville, Pa. there are a bunch of different jobs listed, drivers, mechanics, office, supervisors and such.

They might just be moving slow- winter, economy and such

They have ads on Indeed. If you go to Indeed and put in Old Dominion Freight and Tannersville, Pa. there are a bunch of different jobs listed, drivers, mechanics, office, supervisors and such.

They might just be moving slow- winter, economy and such

People only go on indeed if they're actively looking for a job. Not too many people are doing that right now, especially drivers. I haven't been on indeed in months. They have to let people know they're hiring by putting up billboards on all of the state roads and interstates within a 30 mile radius. Otherwise, they'll just keep waiting.

On OD website it says that my application is still under review. I might call the 800 number and see what they tell me. Few other guys at my job still didn't get a call as well.