Yellow | Tdu why now!

bottom line here folks, if our leadership was doing what they are supposed to do, there would not be TDU, period, end of conversation!

Let me ask this: This so-called TDU President/Leader of this anti-union,movement was this person ever a Teamster? I have heard that he was never a union person. Can you prove me wrong and this organization has lasted a long time by un-happy so-called union employees paying a membership FEE to this whatever org. I guess being anonymous and complaining to a third party is going to fix this mess and will be able solve this situation. This tdu has been around for a good amount of years and has never solved anything regarding the union, back in the early 90's when they had a hand-hold in this Union all they did was make matters worse.

bottom line here folks, if our leadership was doing what they are supposed to do, there would not be TDU, period, end of conversation!

Everyone is afraid of the big bad YRC whale. The whale will do whatever it wants. All we can do is keep sticking pins in it and see if it notices. But The leaders just want to get out of the way of the mouth and hop on its back. I got a brand new box of pins.

Let me ask this: This so-called TDU President/Leader of this anti-union,movement was this person ever a Teamster? I have heard that he was never a union person. Can you prove me wrong and this organization has lasted a long time by un-happy so-called union employees paying a membership FEE to this whatever org. I guess being anonymous and complaining to a third party is going to fix this mess and will be able solve this situation. This tdu has been around for a good amount of years and has never solved anything regarding the union, back in the early 90's when they had a hand-hold in this Union all they did was make matters worse.

Let my think for a minute..................... YA, RON CAREY

bob, i can see you are misled about TDU and what they are about, just like most of us are. let me see if i can clear up some of the misconceptions for you.

first off, TDU doesn't have a president, they have a steering comity, made up of card carrying TEAMSTERS, from all over the country, and from all aspects of the TEAMSTER'S UNION.
i believe the "anti-union president" you refer to would be Ron Carey, president of Teamsters Local 804, New York, who wasn't a TDU member, but was endorsed by TDU. theres a lot of bull out there about him, just like you stated about him never even being a Teamster, i wont go into that here but, since you have been mis-led about that, I'd suggest you do some research on him to find out the facts.

Now, about the "un-happy, so-called Union employees". a friend of mine just let me read a old Play Boy, i don't remember the date but, it was in the 70's. it had the last known interview from JAMES R HOFFA in it, right after his release from prison, and before he disappeared. in it he was talking about the TEAMSTERS under the new leadership, no new "national contracts", membership down, no new organizing, officials on the golf course, instead of on the line with the men, etc, etc, ect..... sound familiar?

i pay $40 a year to belong to the TDU, and no, i don't just set on my *** and complain, I'm out there getting other members involved, doing my best to turn this UNION around, to take it back to where it should be. its easyer to set back and let someone else spoon feed you bull, and just go along with it, but if you do a little investigating on your own, you will see that, yes, we were in better shape in the 90's then we are now, and if we don't change the direction we are heading in right now, there wont be a TEAMSTER UNION in our near future! i for one, will not set back and let this happen. i hope you will join the fight.

bob, i can see you are misled about TDU and what they are about, just like most of us are. let me see if i can clear up some of the misconceptions for you.

first off, TDU doesn't have a president, they have a steering comity, made up of card carrying TEAMSTERS, from all over the country, and from all aspects of the TEAMSTER'S UNION.
i believe the "anti-union president" you refer to would be Ron Carey, president of Teamsters Local 804, New York, who wasn't a TDU member, but was endorsed by TDU. theres a lot of bull out there about him, just like you stated about him never even being a Teamster, i wont go into that here but, since you have been mis-led about that, I'd suggest you do some research on him to find out the facts.

Now, about the "un-happy, so-called Union employees". a friend of mine just let me read a old Play Boy, i don't remember the date but, it was in the 70's. it had the last known interview from JAMES R HOFFA in it, right after his release from prison, and before he disappeared. in it he was talking about the TEAMSTERS under the new leadership, no new "national contracts", membership down, no new organizing, officials on the golf course, instead of on the line with the men, etc, etc, ect..... sound familiar?

i pay $40 a year to belong to the TDU, and no, i don't just set on my *** and complain, I'm out there getting other members involved, doing my best to turn this UNION around, to take it back to where it should be. its easyer to set back and let someone else spoon feed you bull, and just go along with it, but if you do a little investigating on your own, you will see that, yes, we were in better shape in the 90's then we are now, and if we don't change the direction we are heading in right now, there wont be a TEAMSTER UNION in our near future! i for one, will not set back and let this happen. i hope you will join the fight.

Sounds a lot like ACORN

If I read this correctly, you refer to Mr. Carey as the one I was talking about. I wasn't, I know He was Union man in NY and Pres of a UPS Local. My question was/is the person that started TDU was he ever a Union Member?:shift:

Bob, sorry about that, i misunderstood you.
it's my understanding that freight TEAMSTERS from across the country started a movement back in the 70's, TDC, TEAMSTERS for a DECENT CONTRACT, which was later changed to TDU, TEAMSTERS for a DEMOCRATIC UNION,to include UPS. also its my understanding that TDU has never had a president, like I've said before, they have a steering comity. you have to be a TEAMSTER, spouse of a TEAMSTER, or retiree to belong to the TDU, so i cant see how this would be possible.

as a side note, the original members fought for and won our c.o.l.a., which, James P. Hoffa and crew have given up.

:chat:Nov 6-8 in Cleveland OH. there is a TDU convention open to :1036316054:any card carrying teamster wants to find out more about TDU go to the convention your eyes will be opened wide. When you find out that TDU members are hard working teamsters, instead of all the bullcrap put out by the old guards in office.Find out for yourself don't listen to second hand talk.Get involved in your teamster local.Protect your job.:surprised::gathering:

TDU does not have your best interest in mind.

There ONLY agenda is to make IBT President there pick.

They don't care about the freight division. But they are ready to show all the problems.
If you're listing to TDU you need to ask your self what is there agenda?

you can say this is acorn of the teamsters.

TDU does not have your best interest in mind.

There ONLY agenda is to make IBT President there pick.

They don't care about the freight division. But they are ready to show all the problems.
If you're listing to TDU you need to ask your self what is there agenda?

you can say this is acorn of the teamsters.

Correct

The only glue that holds them together is the fight for power. Once they get in, they quite frequently split or dissolve into their components, fighting over crumbs; or they become cynically co-opted into the bureaucratic system. The very best of such formations will simply degenerate into nickel-and-dime economism or social-democratic maneuverism

Communist Tactics in the Trade Unions - Class Struggle on the Waterfront

TDU I'm sure has members who care. Unfortunatly, at this time, all they manage to do is make the unions dirty laundry public, which gives the union a black eye and gives FedEx and WalMart types ammo to use to convince theyre employees to vote to stay nonunion.