Yellow | Teamster401k

i agree with that mostlybut.... it looks to me like some of the cost of the teamsters 401k have been transfered to the people in it(read this as additional cost over what was) as opposed the fund with a kick back for the trustees:Flame-On:. can i prove it nope. but thats what it looks like. i repeat don't take my word for it read the fine print you get and tell me it doesn't cost more with less benefits. here is a better question. why move your money out of the wellington fund into a fund managed by the directors of the wellington fund?? it looks to me like it would cost more.:nutkick: adn finally teamsters trustees made the decision to move didn't they

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.
Prudential financial is a good firm and many of us who have or once had life insurance through prudential now have stock in them. Only real complaint I have up to date is that they have repeatedly tried to get me to cash out with cheesy flyers offering quick sale without broker fee's. Only served to make me keep the shares,,,,lol.
Should be a solid company for your money!

I wonder if they will have the Roth 401k option. Be sure to take advantage if they do. If they dont you are better off maxing out a Roth IRA first. I just like payroll deduction though.

Great, another organization holding on to my money. I wonder what rules are in place, to keep people from retrieving their money. If it was up to me, I would put it in the US Bonds gaining non taxed interest or invest in gold. Some places have rules where people can't touch money after a certain amount of years.

They are full of crap, and they (the union and the bank) knows it.

I haven't been able to get my $$$, and I have been trying since the middle of November. I am about to be living in my car, but the new folks (Prudential) keep on demanding more and more paperwork.

Do yourself a favor. Find a better investment option and GET YOUR MONEY OUT WHILE YOU CAN!

I wonder if they will have the Roth 401k option. Be sure to take advantage if they do. If they dont you are better off maxing out a Roth IRA first. I just like payroll deduction though.

I would have to say that they would offer that. They are one of the biggest financial institutions around. They have to offer everything that their competition does.

I would have to say that they would offer that. They are one of the biggest financial institutions around. They have to offer everything that their competition does.

They do offer it if the administrators(Teamster appointed) allow it. They claimed the fees would be too high before. Who knows now.

while mass mutual managed the fund the teamsters approved a change to take a loan on your money. i didn't see that in the offering but i might have missed it. It also isn't the will of Prudential whether you get your money. its the rules that the trustees set up. i was told by mass mutual when i tried a hard-ship withdrawal that it was the teamsters that was blocking it... yeah i know ....they will tell me anything, but i followed it up by calling the international and they confirmed what the adviser had said. who know how it will work with Prudential. I have had a long relationship with mass mutual(since 85') and i haven't always liked what they said, but i didn't catch any lying. I don't like this change. has anybody seen the benefits to us written in the offering. all i am catching is more restriction!!
and more charges.

Called Prudential this morning about my 401k account & got a lot of "I Don't Knows" & they kept referring me to the Teamsters website for answers (Prudential Financial). Was not very encouraged with the knowledge the customer service agent had to tender. It might be just me, but, MassMutual seemed to have a lot more answers & seemed to be more knowledgeable to what the Teamsters 401k had to offer.

Obama

I heard Obama was going to make a lawthat made it easier (with less penalty) to swith a 401k untaxed money into a Roth IRA (which is after tax) anybody know anything about such a switchover ? if YRC goes under, how much penalty % would there be to take your 401k money and pay off your house or something like that ? Thanks for the info ?

I heard Obama was going to bring the troops home and end the wars. I heard he was going to make sure no one who made under $250,000 would see any tax increases.

I heard Obama was going to bring the troops home and end the wars. I heard he was going to make sure no one who made under $250,000 would see any tax increases.

I have to make an appointment for a hearing test because a lot of things I thought I heard don't seem to be happening!! :biglaugh:

:Poke::annoyed: i said it has more to do with teamsters than anything, and it just looks like we are caught over the barrel and they will fleece us at their leisureshit

Can someone explain to me, in laymans terms, why they will only let me take out 5,000 of my millions (J/K) out of this fund?
(Yes, I'm fully vested.)

Can someone explain to me, in laymans terms, why they will only let me take out 5,000 of my millions (J/K) out of this fund?
(Yes, I'm fully vested.)

Do you think there might be a $5,000 limit on loans? Sometimes they make up Rules to keep your funds invested. You can buy a bunch of corn and hay for $5000. Or where you looking into utter implants???????? Sorry that might not be funny?

Do you think there might be a $5,000 limit on loans? Sometimes they make up Rules to keep your funds invested. You can buy a bunch of corn and hay for $5000. Or where you looking into utter implants???????? Sorry that might not be funny?

Utter implants? AAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....:biglaugh: Good one...really! :clap: I would need a hell of a lot more money then that!

On a serious note (really) I want to take everything out and put it into something else (anything other then Teamsters) tax deferred. I'm being told that I can only take 5 grand out......

Utter implants? AAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....:biglaugh: Good one...really! :clap: I would need a hell of a lot more money then that!

On a serious note (really) I want to take everything out and put it into something else (anything other then Teamsters) tax deferred. I'm being told that I can only take 5 grand out......

I don't have the answer. Sorry!