Teamsters Extend Oak Harbor Freight Lines Strike to California and Nevada

imported_roadapple

TB Lurker
Credits
Trucking Company Continues to Refuse to Bargain in Good Faith

September 30, 2008

(Washington, D.C.) – Teamsters will begin picketing Oak Harbor Freight Lines’ trucks in California and Nevada this week to support striking employees in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Oak Harbor employees in the Northwest walked off the job September 22 in response to hostile efforts by company representatives to bully and intimidate workers, which are unfair labor practices in violation of federal law.

“Oak Harbor’s customers in California and Nevada will likely experience service disruptions as we begin following the company’s trucks with ambulatory pickets,” said Al Hobart, International Vice President and President of Joint Council 28.

Oak Harbor Freight Lines, one of the largest trucking companies on the West Coast, provide time sensitive delivery services to some of the largest companies in the country including The Gap, Safeway, JC Penney, Sylvania, Graybar Electric, HD Waterworks, Honda, McKesson, Cardinal Health, Tec Equipment, Siemens, Georgia Pacific, Owens & Minor, GM & Chrysler Parts, Urban Outfitters and Maytag.

“Teamsters up and down the West Coast are standing strong with our brothers and sisters in the Northwest,” said Tyson Johnson, International Vice President and Freight Division Director. “Oak Harbor’s customers would be wise to seek out alternative carriers while our members are on strike.”

The National Labor Relations Board is investigating several labor law violations committed by the company including coercing and threatening employees, as well as making unlawful changes to working conditions.

Well, the Union has actually found some work for their laid off teamsters. Great call by the IBT so that they won't have people calling looking for work. Here's your sign.

Keep talking AUBdriver, your time will come.....
I was going to say something but I figured i'd leave it to you guys this time. FYI, union bashing on a union forum, especially in times like this, does not go over well with the mods. Report a post and he could end up just like his buddy USF523. BANNED!!!!! Try it I did!:jiggy::jiggy:

I was going to say something but I figured i'd leave it to you guys this time. FYI, union bashing on a union forum, especially in times like this, does not go over well with the mods. Report a post and he could end up just like his buddy USF523. BANNED!!!!! Try it I did!:jiggy::jiggy:

He appears to be an OHFL employee, so he is entitled to his opinion, as are all others, within the rules.

He appears to be an OHFL employee, so he is entitled to his opinion, as are all others, within the rules.
I checked his profile and there is no info on there which is why I didnt report it. If he is indeed a OHFL employee then I stand corrected. Sorry BigR

Who?

This MB is Truckingboards Truck Driver Forum>UNOFFICIAL LTL TRUCKING COMPANY FORUMS>OAK HARBOR FREIGHT LINES , right?
I cannot seen to understand how anyone would know that this MB is exclusive to Teamster Oak Harbor employees. If that is so, what board is available for non-union employees?
If each thread is exclusive to either union or non-union, I think it would be nice to have it stated in the title of the thread.

Whatever the case, would someone [in charge] let me know who is allowed to post here (at least without getting yelled at by Teamsters.)

Bert

This MB is Truckingboards Truck Driver Forum>UNOFFICIAL LTL TRUCKING COMPANY FORUMS>OAK HARBOR FREIGHT LINES , right?
I cannot seen to understand how anyone would know that this MB is exclusive to Teamster Oak Harbor employees. If that is so, what board is available for non-union employees?
If each thread is exclusive to either union of non-union, I think it would be nice to have it stated in the title of the thread.

Whatever the case, would someone [in charge] let me know who is allowed to post here (at least without getting yelled at by Teamsters.)

Bert
your good. it is ohfl site and you guys are non and TEAMSTER affiliated so I f-ed up on my post earlier and there you have it so post away!!!!!
If you would read some of the other posts from the MOD and me you would get it! Carry-on.

I'm new to this site as I just found it. I looked around and couldn't get what was going on. Thanks for the info.

If each thread is exclusive to either union or non-union, I think it would be nice to have it stated in the title of the thread.

Bert

This forum is for all OHFL employees, union, non union, management etc. All are free to post within the rules. It would make it easier for me if somewhere in your profile or your location you stated you were an OHFL employee. Outside posters are viewed and ruled on, on a post by post basis. If you would like another forum to post that is only non union, no union allowed, try this one.
NON UNION DRIVERS ONLY - Truckingboards Truck Drivers Forum

Thanks. This is where I would like to read and post since I work for OHFL. I do have the pertinent info in my profile.
Thanks again,
Bert

banned

your good. it is ohfl site and you guys are non and TEAMSTER affiliated so I ed up on my post earlier and there you have it so post away!!!!!
If you would read some of the other posts from the MOD and me you would get it! Carry-on.
dude you -up on your post? your not a OHFL employ either, but you do like to tattletale? is that right? why arent you a MOD? did you help get usf523 banned? Looks like you took credit for it come on...

dude you -up on your post? your not a OHFL employ either, but you do like to tattletale? is that right? why arent you a MOD? did you help get usf523 banned? Looks like you took credit for it come on...
I get a swift reminder from the mods if I get out of line and I venture to geuss some of my reminders were brought on by a member "tattletaling" as you say. I am not a mod because I havent been asked to be one nor do I know if I would choose to be one. Does that answer your questions there USF 523.. I mean UsfSidewinder?:biglaugh:

(Washington, D.C.) —Teamster members have begun a nationwide campaign to show support for striking Oak Harbor Freight Lines trucking employees by passing out handbills at Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic stores.
http://www.teamster.org/press-release.aspx?id=25842

Come on IBT. Too Little, too late. You screwed around and waited eight days to start a "campaign" in California and Nevada. Now after thirteen days you got off your butts and decided to go national. You and the locals suspected for two years, and one year for sure that it was going to come to this but you didn't plan a thing. NO communication with anyone and when we ask for answers on questions all we get from the local is a statement that begins with an "I think..." And don't forget when the troops started to complain you sent a "strategy planner" out to us. Yep, you are showing classic leadership skills. We can't even get an agreement on what the picket signs are to say.

I am glad that your future is secure as you threw the rank and file under the truck. Someone killed the wrong Hoffa.

PS: Ed, the wooden shows have dry rot.

dude you [messed up] <edit> on your post? your not a OHFL employ either, but you do like to tattletale? is that right? why arent you a MOD? did you help get usf523 banned? Looks like you took credit for it come on...

He was merely answering a question that I had asked. It appears that he knows the rules better that many of the posters.
BTW How's USF doing? I know they laid off six more drivers at one of our local yards (that's on top of the eight they had already laid off.) And it's a small yard.

Just so that everyone is clear, I am an employee of Oak Harbor Freight Lines. No, I did not cross the line. I happen to work in California.

He was merely answering a question that I had asked. It appears that he knows the rules better that many of the posters.
BTW How's USF doing? I know they laid off six more drivers at one of our local yards (that's on top of the eight they had already laid off.) And it's a small yard.

Just so that everyone is clear, I am an employee of Oak Harbor Freight Lines. No, I did not cross the line. I happen to work in California.
:1036316054: But dont pick on USF, i happen to work there!!!:1036316054: