Yellow | Teamsters Respond to Yellow "Letter of Agreement" Proposal!

Not taking sides but I kinda hate most of the guys I work with!
Greedy, money hungry, backstabbing, cheating, sneaky bastions! 🤣
Never seen anything like it before I came into this industry decades ago!
Hold the door open for you with a smiling greeting and then talk stupid about you behind your back!
You can’t tell me you haven’t noticed this if you spent more than 6 mos here!
:grouphug:

Yellow Freight was established in 1929. So many Americans suffered, and I mean truly suffered for this company. We went through a lot of really hard times in America since then. Today we stand on the shoulders of all those generations that came before us. We are so close to 100 years in business. I just wonder what drivers in the early days, if they could see us now, what would they say? I am SO glad we have Sean representing us. Without his leadership, Yellow would definitely be done. I do think things could be more efficient, to serve customers better. And all the pieces are in place, however it is truly do or die time. I truly want Yellow to succeed another 100 years, and grow to provide American families with a life. I am a line haul driver. I will load trucks, sweep floors, or clean toilets, whatever I have do do to hand this down to the next generations of Americans. But I got to eat too. We know the score. This negiotiation is gonna be tough. To pull this out of the ditch is going to be a lot of work. If we lose, we lose. But let's not do it disgrace. Let's do it fighting as hard as we can, doing our job. I will see this though until the end, working as hard as I can. If this plan works, we might actually have a cool company. And what a legacy we would have, fixing this for the sake of our nation. Cheers Brothers!
What the hell has Sean done to keep Yellow going he’s doing his best to see it shut down what’s wrong with you

What the hell has Sean done to keep Yellow going he’s doing his best to see it shut down what’s wrong with you
It's not Sean's responsibility to keep Yellow going, that is on the shoulders of management. Sean is a Teamster like the rest of us. We are the union. Sean is just a negotiator. He does his best, gives his opinion, and hands it to the members for a vote. Teamsters have given billions to save Yellow, and the government 700 million, and Yellow is still failing. Thats not the fault of Teamsters. That is the fault of management. Sean cannot tell the company how to run. He simply bargains to get a fair days work for a fair days pay. Thats it. Sean has just pointed out what the entire industry knows, that Yellow's management is incompetent. They do not know how to manage the company. And to save face, they want Teamsters to give up even more, as they blame Teamsters at the same time.

It's not Sean's responsibility to keep Yellow going, that is on the shoulders of management. Sean is a Teamster like the rest of us. We are the union. Sean is just a negotiator. He does his best, gives his opinion, and hands it to the members for a vote. Teamsters have given billions to save Yellow, and the government 700 million, and Yellow is still failing. Thats not the fault of Teamsters. That is the fault of management. Sean cannot tell the company how to run. He simply bargains to get a fair days work for a fair days pay. Thats it. Sean has just pointed out what the entire industry knows, that Yellow's management is incompetent. They do not know how to manage the company. And to save face, they want Teamsters to give up even more, as they blame Teamsters at the same time.
That is all Yellow is asking, let the members vote.

The Teamsters Union and the Teamsters members have given nothing to Yellow. Neither the union nor the members have written any checks to Yellow. A contract was negotiated by the union, a contract was ratified by the members, and Yellow is paying wages and benefits pursuant to that agreement. Employees willingly come to work and accept the compensation bargained for. No one is forced to work for Yellow.

The Teamsters Union and the Teamsters members have given nothing to Yellow. Neither the union nor the members have written any checks to Yellow. A contract was negotiated by the union, a contract was ratified by the members, and Yellow is paying wages and benefits pursuant to that agreement. Employees willingly come to work and accept the compensation bargained for. No one is forced to work for Yellow.
Vote on WHAT there is no new contract

Reactions: TC1
It appears they want some classification changes so they can go forward with their change which is intended to "make profits"..I'd hope.
That's why the contract is open.
But it's gonna have to be give and take...not just take.

I think you are mistaken sir the union wrote checks to cover our medical coverage right before we got the Covid loan.now they want someone to cover two more months of benefit payments.try that with your house payment call your mortgage company and tell em you wanna skip 3 or 4 months of house payments lol.this company waited till after we got the Covid loan approval to announce we were less than a month away from bankruptcy lol.we had no idea until the medical coverage started getting denied…..then a month ago out of the blue the company announced they were gonna have to file again unless we signed an loa pretty giving all the power to the company lol really?and now the boogereaters that run this company have decided to blame the union for the fact that our management ran a great company into the ground….my mistake …..4 great companies into the ground…….who in their right f*****g mind could look at yellows predicament and blame it on anybody but yellow?some people just f*****g amaze me

He offered to open up the contract and the company made a ridiculous offer of 50 cents lol 40 cents of which were already coming to us in October so the offered basically a ten cent raise to give all our rights so this coo will go forward……. I realize everyone has to have a job and I would love to see us come through this unscathed. You all have to realize that this is not gonna be resolved today tomorrow,next week,next month or maybe even not by the end of the year….especially with yellow filling this frivolous lawsuit.it’s gonna take months to even go to trial.all we can do is show up to work and do the best job we can and ride it out.if it actually comes to a vote.vote with your heart vote for what’s right for you and yours ….don’t listen to these keyboard commando’s who try to act like the Einsteins of the trucking industry

Ya, there will be a vote in the end. I have no idea how this will all play out. But the people will get a vote in the end.

Do the math, brother. Your pension reduction is a helluva lot more than $300. More like $120/month for each year between 2009 and when you start drawing that pension. For me, that was ten years. The offset is 1/4 of that into a 401k for 7 1/2 of those years. Net result is the equivalent of a seven year reduction, meaning $840/month less. That's a lot of money.
You misunderstood, the $300 is EVERY MONTH.