FedEx Freight | Teamsters Roll Call...Who's getting the ball rolling?

Seems to me a professional driver is one who makes a sound judgement call when it comes to weather...

It's hard to make a judgment call from your recliner. I know plenty that do though.

I've been like you and hurried off the yard BEFORE they had a chance to cancel the run (when I ran road), only to wish I hadn't. Drivers behind me were cancelled. No accident but some close calls. There are icy conditions in my neck of the woods that occasionally warrant the professional driver saying NO, not worth the risk. Just sayin'

I don't ever recall saying I've hurried off the yard. I said I always showed up to work. If work canceled, so be it. If not, I gave it my best shot. Have I shut down when it got too bad? Sure have, but I actually was on site to make that determination, not sitting at home watching the weather channel rave about how bad it was.

Guardrail

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to make a judgment call from your recliner. I know plenty that do though.

Guardrail
Last winter weather we had here City guys called in saying it was too bad. The ladies in the office made it in driving their Honda Civics along with the drivers like myself who had to cover their slack.

For protection of your job! FedEx can terminate you at any time for no dam real good reason if they care too. With a Union you have recourse, and properly a lot better of a medical plan that FedEx has now that really Blows!

Don't feel bad...There are alot of guys who thought they were coming to the top notch company only to find out the hard way. Us old hands have been sitting in the water as the heat has slowly risen on us....But it's still uncomfortable to say the least.

I don't ever recall saying I've hurried off the yard. I said I always showed up to work. If work canceled, so be it. If not, I gave it my best shot. Have I shut down when it got too bad? Sure have, but I actually was on site to make that determination, not sitting at home watching the weather channel rave about how bad it was.

Guardrail

Meant I've been like you as far as always making the trip in to work "no matter what". I've "learned" that I can tell from reports and/or within the 1st mile from the house whether it's "wise" to be out there...especially in a truck. The trip I spoke of that I regretted was fine on the trip out due to heavy trailers, the return was 1 light trailer and 1 empty... Not so fun.

put the union post on another board this is getting really boring

:biglaugh::biglaugh: Boring? How can you say that? You must not have much contact with management... Hooks and go, maybe? A center that hasn't yet seen the changes that others have? Otherwise, how can you possible call it boring?

Overnite kept the union out by keeping it's employees divided the same as Fred is doing now.
United you prosper, divided you WILL fall.
Join ranks and win this battle.

Are you picking on me just because I didn't care how big Guardrails peepee is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you picking on me just because I didn't care how big Guardrails peepee is?

No. I just thought it was a little childish for a thread dedicated to professional men discussing the possibility of organizing.

Oh ok then. I just give smart ass replies to smart ass remarks. Sorry you didn't approve. Have a good day b

Overnite kept the union out by keeping it's employees divided the same as Fred is doing now.
United you prosper, divided you WILL fall.
Join ranks and win this battle.

No we kept the union out because Overnite was a good place to work and had retirement and matched a 401. We are union today because we are UPS Freight. How's that $105.00 a year retirement working for you. Overnite was better and it rewarded hard work. Sure glad I have over 31 years in before this sorry retirement got voted in.

they know exactly what they pay for each of our medical claims. Don't we still get the letter that says what your "compensation package" costs the company every year?

It is with my deepest and most sincere regret that I must inform you that you will no longer have Health Insurance after 2014... I too work for FXF and since Obamacare ( The Affordable Care Act) was enacted and upheld by SCOTUS. Any Health plan that had any and I mean ANY change will be ILLEGAL as it's renewal date rolls around. So once again The union boys are trying to SCARE US into the DEAD ASS UNION MOVEMENT!

Fedex Freight will drop ALL coverage of Employees at the end of 2014, as a matter of law. (OBAMACARE) (AFFORDABLE CARE ACT). WE did have changes to our coverages and deductibles. BUT, THe UNION workers wont suffer under this TYRANNY until 2018. This is when there exemption is scheduled to expire. After 2018 Union workers will also be held under the same tyranny that NON-UNION WORKERS will be very soon. This is simple fact! and I challenge anyone to dispute this fact! Unless Premier OBAMA re-writes the law that bears his name once again. Wake up America! and Let the FREE MARKET decide your collective fates and not another bunch of Do-Nothing Beaurocrats, Just like the SLUGS at the UNION SHOPS.
After 8 years of an IMPERIAL RULER. I guess any moron would listen to the DUMBASS next to him who told how great things are at (MY) employer. Wake up Now and DUMP ALL UNIONS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem with the old union companies is that had a bunch of guys that hid behind union to keep from doing work. Taks 8 hrs to break a load or when they were setting up local route times take the long way around. Take maximum times on line haul runs. Guess what you ran your companies into the ground!

A lot of guys and gals that approached me aren't lazy they just want this crazy firing B.S. to go away. We have management in our house that 80 percent of their day is camera watching trying to find someone messing up! Instead of hiring driver's to help take care of our customers!

Bottom line is people want a safety net. It may not work, but after 20 yrs of sweat and blood I'm just not ready for some college grad to walk me out the door for some stupid carp!

Back in the 90's I was against it because I was able to work hard and got all the hrs I wanted and nobody nit picking everything I did. So I felt I didn't need a union. Now I'm not so sure anymore!

Bottom line is I will think no less of anyone who doesn't sign or feel the same way as me. No strong arm tactics here. I just don't want to give my career up to some snot nosed brat trying to make a name for himself or herself off my back!

We are FedEx!! We make this company run! Its a team effort! Good luck to all! Hope we make it through this!! :shift:
BS STATEMENT!! When I worked city and Holland was Holland those boys worked hard and were rewarded WELL.... Proud Union boys who gave a crap... There city ops crushed ours ... out early and unloaded by the time we hit the streets.... This place and our management needs some good old fashioned LTL education... It's a simple process, But our geniuses treat it like ROCKET SCIENCE! It's a simple animal NOT A BIG FOOT! Take some (ADVICE ) for once... From your drivers. It started long ago when most of our current management were all DOCK WORKERS... As I don't blame them for taking advantage of moving up the ladder " some just didn't deserve it" It's the GOOD OLE BOYS CLUB! One gets in then they have patted each other on the backsides ever since... This place promotes individuals who are damaging to the operation... Don't get it... Won't never... Power struggle... Little man's syndrome ...Be an ass just to be one... Talk about "not a team Player"... It's a Double standard, we are held in check by CSA for points and here... and our own points system....Yes it's a Good job... But why does does it have to be Alcatraz? Most problems here are ( management driven or central dispatch driven ) They suggest the operation to witch we deliver freight and when it does not work well they Fudge the numbers (DAILY) to protect there backsides ... Central continuously makes HORRIBLE after HORRIBLE decisions ... We get a POOP sandwich and they get .........well............... where's there point system... It's not that we need a 3rd party IT CAN ALL BE CHANGED .... It's just how far are they willing to go to get there? And at the moment obviously "in there minds, there way is only what matters" WELL .........................................IT DOESN"T WORK!