Yellow | Tell Congress: Don’t cut a last-minute deal to cut retirees’ pensions

Let's see now, 2 times is equivalent to "countless" times? OK, each to his own I guess.

I guess your animosity also extends to former Preston, CF, Maislin, St. Johnsbury, Pilot, Cooper-Jarrett, Werner-Continental, Eastern Freightways, etc., etc., employees also since they are no longer having contributions made on their behalf and that's hurting your pension too.

LOL It sure was more then 2 times... YRCW IS THE ONLY ONE THAT VOTED TO STOP PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS... ALL THE REST WAS SHUT DOWN. TRY AGAIN SPANKY.

Tell me what have they been voting on since 2009?
I drew my first retirement checks 06/01/2009, with 5.5 years payed into the CSPF by various Teamster truck lines out of Detroit Mich. and 28 years payed into the WTWT by Roadway and then YRC after the merger. When you put in for your retirement, you have to have your years of contributions verified. My retirement amount can back as x amount from the CSPF and x amount From the WTWT. Why should those amounts now be challenged papajohn, based on your logic?

Last edited:
Papajohn, I can't recall anyone telling Pensioners from any "Orphaned" Company, your pension stops when the monies and interest made from the contributions from your former Employer runs out. Sorry, you'll have to find yourself a job.

The problem is no new Blood coming into the Multi-Employer Funds. Same as Social Security, 48 % of working age Americans, are on the Dole, and not contributing.

If the YRCW Companies had folded, just think about how many more would be collecting, instead of working. How would that be straining the Funds ? jmho.

When you call your Congressmen and Senators today, here's all you gotta say...

HI. I’M CALLING WITH AN URGENT MESSAGE TO TELL CONGRESSMAN ___ CONGRESSWOMAN ____ OR SENATOR ___
PLEASE OPPOSE ANY LEGISLATION THAT WILL BE ATTACHED TO THE OMNIBUS FUDNING BILL TO CUT RETIREES’ PENSIONS IN MULTIEMPLOYER PLANS. THIS LEGISLATION WAS DEVELOPED BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, THERE HAVE BEEN NO HEARINGS DIRECTLY ON THIS LANGUAGE, AND IT WILL CUT PENSION FOR THE MOST VULNERABLE. ANY CHANGES TO OUR HARD EARNED PENSIONS NEED TO BE ADDRESSED FULLY AND OPENLY IN 2015.

Make your voices heard in Congress! Thanks for your help!

:usa:

I drew my first retirement checks 06/01/2009, with 5.5 years payed into the CSPF by various Teamster truck lines out of Detroit Mich. and 28 years payed into the WTWT by Roadway and then YRC after the merger. When you put in for your retirement, you have to have your years of contributions verified. My retirement amount can back as x amount from the CSPF and x amount From the WTWT. Why should those amounts now be challenged papajohn, based on your logic?

If you are retired your benefits should not be cut!!! If changes are made, any changes made should take affect after the date of changes...not before. Retirees pensions must be protected.
Many retirees are not able to go back to work, for whatever reasons, and has no way to supplement his or her retirement.

This is why it is so important to contact your Congressmen and Senator today to protect our Retirees, and seniors.

Last edited:
I called my congressman today and trust me after talking to his aide I really feel I got no where..His answer to me was Yes it "might" be added to some vote but wasn't sure and the congressman doesn't believe anyone that is retired should have to have their pension cut but when I asked him how he was voting the answer I received was that he didn't know... Maybe dispatching is in this guys future..

I just heard from one Congressional aide that the attempt to get the NCCMP proposal tacked onto the Omnibus Appropriations Bill appears to be floundering. He said we might know by midnight tonight!
Keep calling your Congresspersons and Senators this evening! We are having an effect on stopping these shenanigans! Thanks!

]
Watching C Span all day and not a word about pensions yet. All day long they are patting each other on the back because their are retiring. I wonder if they will cut their own pensions!:6792:
The fight over the insurance fund and another fight, over bipartisan changes to multi-employer pension plans, are together delaying the government funding debate at the 11th hour. The government will shut down Thursday night unless Congress passes a bill, and Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) prefers to give lawmakers three days to read a bill before voting. That means he’ll have to post legislation Tuesday morning in advance of a Thursday vote.

Read more: Don't call it a shutdown - Jake Sherman and Zachary Warmbrodt - POLITICO

I can't find any legislation posted today so probably a temporary spending bill will be voted on to keep the government running until they can come to some backroom agreement. I still don't like the term bipartisan changes. I don't know which party is on our side on this issue

Watching C Span all day and not a word about pensions yet. All day long they are patting each other on the back because their are retiring. I wonder if they will cut their own pensions!:6792:
Watch those midnight voting procedures ROADY, they're notorious for them....

Make as many call as you can tonight! Keep hammering Congressional leaders to keep the pension legislation OFF the Omnibus Spending Bill! Thanks!
THIS IS FROM THE PENSION RIGHTS CENTER

The Omnibus bill is scheduled to be filed any minute now. We should be able to find it on the House Rules Committee website.

It sounds as if the bill will not include the multi-employer pension provisions, but that may be because more drafting is needed to deal with the UPS exemption.

The Rules Committee meets tomorrow and could -- and probably will -- add the multi provisions.

We need to flood the Rules Committee members with "do not cut retirees pension in backdoor last minute deal or similar messages."

We also need to contact the House Leadership Boehner and Pelosi because the Rules Committee folks will be looking to them.

John Boehner

202 225-0600

Nancy Pelosi

202-225-4965

House Rules Committee

Pete Sessions (R) TX - Chair

202-225-2231

Virginia Foxx (R) NC - Vice Chair

828-265-0240 - NC Office

Louise Slaughter (D) NY - Ranking Dem.

202-225-3615

Rob Woodall (R) GA

202-225-4272

Tom Cole (R) OK

202-225-6165

There are other members of the Rules Committee but the above are key ones to contact from our areas.

Link for Pension Rights Center:

http://www.pensionrights.org/take-action/act-now/tell-congress-just-say-“no”-pension-cuts