Yellow | Tell Congress: Don’t cut a last-minute deal to cut retirees’ pensions

Restored? What on earth are you talking about? No one at YRCW lost their pensions. They only lost FULL credit time for those years when reduced contributions were being made. Do you even remotely understand? Continuing to make ludicrous statements is not going to magically make them true.
TYPICAL

Answer me this... You have a life Insurance policy and you decide to quit paying for it... Are you still entitled to your benefits?

YRCW TEAMSTERS HAD THE SAME OPPORTUNITY TO LEAVE AND GET THEIR PENSIONS RESTORED... SOUNDS TO ME THAT YOU ARE JEALOUS!!!
Does the term "vesting" mean anything to you? If you work long enough to be "vested" in a Teamster pension plan what does that mean? If I work 10 years as a Teamster and then leave the craft for a different job, do I lose any of my vested pension just because pension contributions are no longer being paid in for me?
I got out before the merger. Yellow never missed a payment. But I got notification last month that I'm penalized because 'my company' missed payments. Not logical since I quit first and have 4 letters from the last 4 years saying otherwise.

PJ, I just repeated your twisted logic back to you. You're so bitter, you're contradicting yourself...

TYPICAL

Answer me this... You have a life Insurance policy and you decide to quit paying for it... Are you still entitled to your benefits?

What the Hell did you expect to happen when you stop making payments? The fund is going to suffer because it is paying out and not taking in contributions from a deadbeat company!!!

I got out before the merger. Yellow never missed a payment. But I got notification last month that I'm penalized because 'my company' missed payments. Not logical since I quit first and have 4 letters from the last 4 years saying otherwise.

PJ, I just repeated your twisted logic back to you. You're so bitter, you're contradicting yourself...

Not bitter at all. Is that the best you can do!!!

Does the term "vesting" mean anything to you? If you work long enough to be "vested" in a Teamster pension plan what does that mean? If I work 10 years as a Teamster and then leave the craft for a different job, do I lose any of my vested pension just because pension contributions are no longer being paid in for me?

LOL You are soo funny. You agree to have pension payments stopped, and now you want others to lose theirs just because you agreed to have yours cut... PRICELESS!!!

Restored? What on earth are you talking about? No one at YRCW lost their pensions. They only lost FULL credit time for those years when reduced contributions were being made. Do you even remotely understand? Continuing to make ludicrous statements is not going to magically make them true.

TYPICAL

Do you have to fill some kind of quota of ridiculous statements? I would be embarrassed by now to have made the posts you've made. My posts and yours are here for all to read and to decide on who's make sense. I rest my case.

Here's my story, somewhat like yours.

I was laid off by Yellow in Oct 2008. Received a recall letter to report to YRC by 3/09/2009. Resigned 2/25/09. Never worked there since 08.

Ask once a year for estimate of pension. First said 2544 for 22 years payable at 62. Next four say 2455 for 21 years (one year not enough days, so corrected) at age 62. Now, one letter saying 2455 for 21 years at age 65 because my company missed payments! My company never missed a penny, so why am I penalized? Now you want YRC employees penalized- which appears to be me (without ever working there), so that appears, using your logic- to also be your vested years. Be careful what you ask for...

Do you have to fill some kind of quota of ridiculous statements? I would be embarrassed by now to have made the posts you've made. My posts and yours are here for all to read and to decide on who's make sense. I rest my case.

LOL what a joke, now answer my question, if you have a life insurance policy, and you decide to quit making payments, do you think your wife is entitled to your life insurance?

I don't think you are looking at this the right way. One could present a similar argument with the so called pension orphans. IMO if someone earned the credits and is vested they should be entitled to a pension for those good years regardless of the present situation..........

.The life insurance example would depend on whether one was renting a term policy or they had invested in a whole life policy which built up a cash value like a vested pension

I don't think you are looking at this the right way. One could present a similar argument with the so called pension orphans. IMO if someone earned the credits and is vested they should be entitled to a pension for those good years regardless of the present situation..........

.The life insurance example would depend on whether one was renting a term policy or they had invested in a whole life policy which built up a cash value like a vested pension

I agree with you that you are entitled to what you have earned. What I don't agree with is pension cuts to Retires that have no say in what is happening, while teamster members voted to give pension relieve to their company multiply times knowing pension funds could suffer from non payments, and still believe they are entitled to their full pensions at age 65.

Maybe Retirees should be able to vote on all future contracts and pension concerns that will affect them.

I was making a point with the life insurance analogy... If you don't pay for the insurance, then you probably wont be entitled to payments.

I agree with you that you are entitled to what you have earned. What I don't agree with is pension cuts to Retires that have no say in what is happening, while teamster members voted to give pension relieve to their company multiply times knowing pension funds could suffer from non payments, and still believe they are entitled to their full pensions at age 65.

Maybe Retirees should be able to vote on all future contracts and pension concerns that will affect them.

I was making a point with the life insurance analogy... If you don't pay for the insurance, then you probably wont be entitled to payments.

What a crock. Now you say "you are entitled to what you have earned" when you said the exact opposite earlier. You made three earlier posts where you said YRCW retirees should not get ANY pension if the company reduced their pension contributions. Here are those posts:(The emphasis is mine)

If I remember correctly YRC Teamsters have voted countless times to let YRCW OFF FROM MAKING PENSION OBLIGATIONS PAYMENTS.
If YRCW can't pay in full pension rates, then why should YRC employees be able to receive any pension payments?

Why should my pension be cut when they voted to give theirs up? When they start paying in, then they should be able to draw their pensions!!! Retiree's are not able to vote on any contracts, or pension changes, so why should they be penalized.
If retiree's pensions are going to be cut... Then Retiree's should be able to vote on any future contracts, or any changes that may affect them in the future.
He asked about a solution, well this is a start.

Using your logic here
You are making a car payment, You are 3/4 of the way paying for the car and you decide to stop paying on it, do you still get to keep it and drive it even though you did not pay for it in full?
You have a life Insurance policy, and you stop paying on it... When you die is your beneficiary still entitled to your benefits?
What you are saying is you are entitled to what you have paid for... That is ridiculous!!!
YOU STOP PAYING YOU LOSE WHAT YOU HAVE...

What a crock. Now you say "you are entitled to what you have earned" when you said the exact opposite earlier. You made three earlier posts where you said YRCW retirees should not get ANY pension if the company reduced their pension contributions. Here are those posts:(The emphasis is mine)

ANSWER MY QUESTION...if you have a life insurance policy, and you decide to quit making payments, do you think your wife is entitled to your life insurance? If you don't pay for the insurance, then you probably wont be entitled to payments.

ANSWER MY QUESTION...if you have a life insurance policy, and you decide to quit making payments, do you think your wife is entitled to your life insurance? If you don't pay for the insurance, then you probably wont be entitled to payments.

Question: When you are called out on your comments about pensions, why do you come back with totally irrelevant posts instead of responding to the topic being discussed? What relevance do insurance payments or automobile purchases have with pensions or pension contributions?

Answer: Because you don't have an intelligent response, that's why.

With you it's just same behavior, different day.

Well how about this one
Question: When you are called out on your comments about pensions, why do you come back with totally irrelevant posts instead of responding to the topic being discussed? What relevance do insurance payments or automobile purchases have with pensions or pension contributions?

Answer: Because you don't have an intelligent response, that's why.

With you it's just same behavior, different day.

Another BS comment, but typical for you... Now how about answering the question. Since you keep avoiding it I will ask you again.

If you have a life insurance policy, and you decide to quit making payments, do you think your wife is entitled to your life insurance? If you don't pay for the insurance, then you probably wont be entitled to payments. Stop avoiding the question and answer it.

When you don't pay into the fund then everybody else has to suffer from lack of funds.

There is no difference if you don't pay, then why should you be entitled to full payments in return.

Last edited:
Well how about this one

Another BS comment, but typical for you... Now how about answering the question. Since you keep avoiding it I will ask you again.

If you have a life insurance policy, and you decide to quit making payments, do you think your wife is entitled to your life insurance? If you don't pay for the insurance, then you probably wont be entitled to payments. Stop avoiding the question and answer it.

When you don't pay into the fund then everybody else has to suffer from lack of funds.

There is no difference if you don't pay, then why should you be entitled to full payments in return.

What makes you think we at YRC are getting full payments? January 2015 would have been my 48th retirement check and I have 9yrs more to retire at 65yrs old for less money than I was supposed to get at 52
If I still got my $3000 a month which I'm not and waiting 13 extra years to get it I'm getting $468,000 less than I was supposed to!!!
I hope you feel better now !!!

What makes you think we at YRC are getting full payments? January 2015 would have been my 48th retirement check and I have 9yrs more to retire at 65yrs old for less money than I was supposed to get at 52
If I still got my $3000 a month which I'm not and waiting 13 extra years to get it I'm getting $468,000 less than I was supposed to!!!
I hope you feel better now !!!

Do you think if maybe you would have tried to protect your pension contributions then maybe you would be getting your $3000.00 a month. YRCW teamsters traded their pension contributions for wages. END OF STORY!!!

NO, I DON'T FEEL BETTER, BUT I DON'T FEEL I SHOULD LOSE WHATS LEFT OF MY PENSION...
I WAS NOT THE ONE WHO VOTED COUNTLESS TIMES TO GIVE THE COMPANY PENSION RELIEVE IN EXCHANGE FOR WAGES.

Do you think if maybe you would have tried to protect your pension contributions then maybe you would be getting your $3000.00 a month. YRCW teamsters traded their pension contributions for wages. END OF STORY!!!

NO, I DON'T FEEL BETTER, BUT I DON'T FEEL I SHOULD LOSE WHATS LEFT OF MY PENSION...
I WAS NOT THE ONE WHO VOTED COUNTLESS TIMES TO GIVE THE COMPANY PENSION RELIEVE IN EXCHANGE FOR WAGES.

Let's see now, 2 times is equivalent to "countless" times? OK, each to his own I guess.

I guess your animosity also extends to former Preston, CF, Maislin, St. Johnsbury, Pilot, Cooper-Jarrett, Werner-Continental, Eastern Freightways, etc., etc., employees also since they are no longer having contributions made on their behalf and that's hurting your pension too.

Pension relief in exchange for wages WTF!!!!!!!!!!!