Estes | Terminals a mess

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
You would think with the money Estes has they could at least afford to have the terminals plowed. I know some did but a lot are just a mess and have areas blocked off. Slipping and a sliding in the terminals. I guess to save a penny a few dents in the equipment doesn't matter.

Why would your TM care if you fell in a yard that he was
responsible for being clean and safe for his people ? Most
of all if he needed coffee ? I blew up my shoulder falling
right in front of the office door that my TM never salted.
No skin off his a$$ , and still is hurt to this day friends.

I came into a yard that was slick as snot. The yard dogs had chains on them but not one tractor did. Drivers couldn't even put the tractors in the parking spaces for them because of the ice. The parked them where they could. People walking real slow and some still slipping. A lot of old folks can't take that kind of slipping and twisting.

There are several places advertising snow removal and the grocery store and Walmart mart etc have hired some, but i guess money is tight for the Estes family or perhaps the terminal manager. Im not sure how all that pans out, but if someone falls and gets injured bad enough it would have probably been worth the snow removal fee. It's not just Estes personnel at risk. We have vendors that need to get into the terminals to deliver propane for the forklifts and parts to the shops and not to mention customers who come by for a pick up.

There are several places advertising snow removal and the grocery store and Walmart mart etc have hired some, but i guess money is tight for the Estes family or perhaps the terminal manager. Im not sure how all that pans out, but if someone falls and gets injured bad enough it would have probably been worth the snow removal fee. It's not just Estes personnel at risk. We have vendors that need to get into the terminals to deliver propane for the forklifts and parts to the shops and not to mention customers who come by for a pick up.
My home terminal has a salt spreader truck and a front end bucket loader they do ok

The liability on the stuff in your last sentence should scare the crap out of the manager.

The liability on the stuff in your last sentence should scare the crap out of the manager.
Not just scare the manager , but it should scare the company! Lawyers go after the deepest pockets! Estes pockets are some of the deepest!

"Estes Express Lines remains in the ownership of the descendants of Estes. In 2015, the family was listed as No. 149 in America's Richest Families, with a family net worth US$1.7 billion."

From - Wikipedia

...this info is almost a decade old , I'm guessing they're worth more now

I have heard and don't know how true it is each Estes Terminal has a separate budget and if the terminal saves money the management gets a bonus. I have seen some terminals are all about numbers and others are not. Some terminals really take care of their workers when needing something and others its like pulling teeth. Just depends where you are.

I have heard and don't know how true it is each Estes Terminal has a separate budget and if the terminal saves money the management gets a bonus. I have seen some terminals are all about numbers and others are not. Some terminals really take care of their workers when needing something and others its like pulling teeth. Just depends where you are.
No idea about bonuses. But yes, each location is treated as it own entity. And I believe there are also company standards that have to be met. Just a driver and do not know the inner workings

No idea about bonuses. But yes, each location is treated as it own entity. And I believe there are also company standards that have to be met. Just a driver and do not know the inner workings
AH you're more than a driver. Remember when c19 hit and we were all called super heroes. Im still trying to figure out my super power. I thinks its something to do with my a_s because im always being called a dumbas_.

I came into a yard that was slick as snot. The yard dogs had chains on them but not one tractor did. Drivers couldn't even put the tractors in the parking spaces for them because of the ice. The parked them where they could. People walking real slow and some still slipping. A lot of old folks can't take that kind of slipping and twisting.
Sounds like you were in Nashville… I was there twice last week, early Tuesday it was slick but Friday night it was almost impassible in spots because it melted and refroze.