Estes | Terminals a mess

I have heard and don't know how true it is each Estes Terminal has a separate budget and if the terminal saves money the management gets a bonus. I have seen some terminals are all about numbers and others are not. Some terminals really take care of their workers when needing something and others its like pulling teeth. Just depends where you a
No idea about bonuses. But yes, each location is treated as it own entity. And I believe there are also company standards that have to be met. Just a driver and do not know the inner workings
A single focused goal like saving money sometimes costs them more than they are trying to save. .05 cents holdin up a dollar.

You would think with the money Estes has they could at least afford to have the terminals plowed. I know some did but a lot are just a mess and have areas blocked off. Slipping and a sliding in the terminals. I guess to save a penny a few dents in the equipment doesn't matter.
My Terminal do have a company come out and plow the yard and salt the yard. I've seen several terminals do the same up in the north, like Detroit, Chicago,Toledo,etc. So Terminals in the south I don't know, but yes Estes do plow and salt there yards

Estes yards are plowed and Salted, What terminal location are you in? If your in the South like memphis they may not have the salt or liquid salt to remove snow or ice, Hintze that why they be shutdown for days
The yards in the south are not prepared for 10 inches of snow that then turned to ice.

Estes yards are plowed and Salted, What terminal location are you in? If your in the South like memphis they may not have the salt or liquid salt to remove snow or ice, Hintze that why they be shutdown for days
Nashville was what I was referring to, I live in the south and get that they aren’t as heavily prepared as other areas… but I was surprised they didn’t do a little more, or hire some outside help. Every day it got above freezing and then froze over again just made the problem worse. Memphis was a little better, but they had burst pipes and no running water.

Nashville was what I was referring to, I live in the south and get that they aren’t as heavily prepared as other areas… but I was surprised they didn’t do a little more, or hire some outside help. Every day it got above freezing and then froze over again just made the problem worse. Memphis was a little better, but they had burst pipes and no running water.
Yes Estes dropped the ball on this. All the money they have and to dang cheap to get a terminal plowed. One driver slipped on the ice and hit his head at terminal. He was out for a week. They looked it up on the camera on the yard and sure enough he took a heck of a fall.

I have heard and don't know how true it is each Estes Terminal has a separate budget and if the terminal saves money the management gets a bonus. I have seen some terminals are all about numbers and others are not. Some terminals really take care of their workers when needing something and others its like pulling teeth. Just depends where you are.
Another carrier that just closed had the same mind set.

Heard some Knoxville drivers talking about one of their guys slipped and fallen down hitting his head. They said he reported and someone in the office called the phone nurse and she said take some tylenol and and he'd be fine. Dude went ahead and drove and when he got back told them he needed to see a doctor his head had been hurting all day. Come to find out he had a mild concussion and was then put off work for a week. Who calls a phone nurse when you have an accident like this and hit your head? There is no way a phone nurse can examine to see if there is any brain trauma. Praise The Lord the driver made it without any accident, but had there been one and this info found out that he was sent on to drive. Could you imagine the lawsuit ? I guess the freight on the trailer was more important than the driver getting properly checked.

Heard some Knoxville drivers talking about one of their guys slipped and fallen down hitting his head. They said he reported and someone in the office called the phone nurse and she said take some tylenol and and he'd be fine. Dude went ahead and drove and when he got back told them he needed to see a doctor his head had been hurting all day. Come to find out he had a mild concussion and was then put off work for a week. Who calls a phone nurse when you have an accident like this and hit your head? There is no way a phone nurse can examine to see if there is any brain trauma. Praise The Lord the driver made it without any accident, but had there been one and this info found out that he was sent on to drive. Could you imagine the lawsuit ? I guess the freight on the trailer was more important than the driver getting properly checked.
If I hit my head like that no way I’d get in the truck and drive. I’m going to the hospital and filing workers comp.

Office people & supplies & pay comes 1st before any outside yard & driver-dock expenses , its been that way at every company I've worked for . In fact most office people get paid more for doing less work & less hours ................

As it should, because they complain 15% less. :lmao: :lmao:
acf05c8ca60328e1fbbd4a53a97e006b.jpg
New Compliant form that Patel put out at Friday's Driver's meeting ! It's a 15 better form with more results from upper management !!