Yellow | Thanks "Brother's"

BigKevApp

TB Lurker
Credits
Just want to give big thanks for all the "YES" votes! As a guy at the bottom of the board, I will now be laid off so they can bring in the 4-hour part time casuals and you senior guys that NEED 60 hours a week will be down to 40. BUT, I will not be laid off, as this was the kick for me to quit this S#!T HOLE and move on. I have seen MANY people say “Good luck finding another job in these times!” Well if you WERE a hard worker, finding a job isn’t that tough! Problem is some of you guys have just gotten used to riding the union wave! Well my new job pay’s about $3 less per hour but the insurance is actually a little better and only $112 a MONTH for me and the family, (where, the way I look at it, the union steals $54 a month for what??) I will be working days (which I wouldn’t see in 15+ years), a 401K where they match and no more dealing with you cry baby, back stabbing “brothers”. In my 5 years (only 4 of which where my pension was paid into) I have learned that the union is just like the law! The law is there to protect the criminals, just as the union is there to protect the slacking, lazy, lying, losers! So if I were to stay, thanks to YOUR “yes” votes, I could retire at the YOUNG age of 144 with a FULL pension!!! Thanks again Teamster Brothers for sticking together just to save YOUR job and throw away what was fought for in the past, and NOT to help out future “Brothers”. I hope you enjoy the rest of your days at the big YRCW!! Good luck in 6 months when they come after MORE!!

Damn he got lucky, 4 of his 5 years counted towards a pension. Out of 5 years at YRC, 0 were good years towards my teamsters pension. I have 9 years working at Teamster jobs and am not even vested!

Your welcome. Now if you guys (no voters) don't like what the vast majority of your union brothers democratically decided.......feel free to turn in your cards and hit the ramp. It's posts like these that show all of us how selfish you guys trully are. And you might want to actually read the part about the 4 hour employee or listen to the conference call about it on the website.

What I'm saying is you might want to actually educate yourself on teh subject matter before just crying about something you know nothing about. We've had language in the contract for how long now about 4 hour casuals and I've yet to hear anyone even mention them being used. Congrats and good luck with the new job. Hopefully more NO voters will take that que as well and get the F out, so that the people who actually want to work might have the chance someday.

True about the 4 hour casuals. But I think they were exta guys only to be used as long as all regular men were working. New language would allow layed off to be used as 4 hour casuals.

True about the 4 hour casuals. But I think they were exta guys only to be used as long as all regular men were working. New language would allow layed off to be used as 4 hour casuals.

New language also states that you have the right to pass on a 4 hour call and that you cannot be forced to it. I really do not see this being that big of a deal at most terminals. I think this would come into play at small terminals and the EOLs "IF" they even decide to use it.

Only place I've even heard about them being used is at UPS Freight. So sure, go ahead and quit and pick up that 10hr job at UPSF.

Damn he got lucky, 4 of his 5 years counted towards a pension. Out of 5 years at YRC, 0 were good years towards my teamsters pension. I have 9 years working at Teamster jobs and am not even vested!

Sorry....I wasn't clear on that..I am NOT vested either! I hear I need 5 years to be vested, I have 4. So I guess at 25%, I will be vested with my 5th year after my 9th!

Your welcome. Now if you guys (no voters) don't like what the vast majority of your union brothers democratically decided.......feel free to turn in your cards and hit the ramp. It's posts like these that show all of us how selfish you guys trully are. And you might want to actually read the part about the 4 hour employee or listen to the conference call about it on the website.

What I'm saying is you might want to actually educate yourself on teh subject matter before just crying about something you know nothing about. We've had language in the contract for how long now about 4 hour casuals and I've yet to hear anyone even mention them being used. Congrats and good luck with the new job. Hopefully more NO voters will take that que as well and get the F out, so that the people who actually want to work might have the chance someday.

What I am saying is how much can you get shoved in your A**?? When is it going to be enough? You really think that was the last concession? You "Yes" voters have now showed the company you are more then willing to give ALL of it back! 3rd time is a charm!! Come April, they WILL come back to ask for something else!

Hey BigKev, hope you did the smart thing and got out of the freight industry. Freight is a cesspool, union, non-union, it doesn't matter. The industry is the pits of trucking.

New language also states that you have the right to pass on a 4 hour call and that you cannot be forced to it. I really do not see this being that big of a deal at most terminals. I think this would come into play at small terminals and the EOLs "IF" they even decide to use it.

If this hasn't been a big deal at most terminals for the 4 hour guy, WHY the push for it in this concession?? Simple math is the answer....Last year with the 15% give back, the non-payment into the pension, YRCW said it would save them $350 a year. NOW...Same 15% give back BUT now they pay 25% back into the pension and YRCW will save $350 a year!!?? HOW, when they will pay 25% into the pension will they save the same money?? My guess, lay off full time, bring in the 4 hour guy where you will pay NO BENEFITS!! JUST like what ConWay has done. Just ask them!

Hey BigKev, hope you did the smart thing and got out of the freight industry. Freight is a cesspool, union, non-union, it doesn't matter. The industry is the pits of trucking.

Yes it is out of the "Freight" business! Still gonna be a driver but without all the BS!!

Yes it is out of the "Freight" business! Still gonna be a driver but without all the BS!!
Congratulations. I don't know why so many think they have to stay in freight. All they talk about is going to Conway, Fedex, Estes and such. The good jobs aren't in freight.

Be careful... very very careful... you might get what you ask for!!! if the 38% that voted NO all resigned, the company would fold within a week!.... there are no good drivers out there that wants to work here!! they wont even put in a app when there on UE and need to put at least 1 app a week in...... This is the new APA...... no one wants anything to do with YRC and all other drivers show pity on you when you tell them you work here!

Yeah, if the 38% quit, your go find another job attitude would be better then voting NO!....... you still would have to sell that new pickup and boat.. and be under us on the seniority list at the next company since we got there first!

Congratulations. I don't know why so many think they have to stay in freight. All they talk about is going to Conway, Fedex, Estes and such. The good jobs aren't in freight.

I agree. The best job I ever had was not in freight it was grocery. I was young and stupid so I quit after 4 years to do freight, thinking that it was better. 9 years of freight and all the companies are the same. I have worked for 4 different LTL companies and 1 air freight company.

I agree at what point will the yes men finally get it, round four or five...
YRC tested the water and now they know where the Teamsters stand....
Each concession vote got more yes votes each time...My god what will round four get a 100% yes!
Our brothers before us 20-30-40 years ago stood up for our rights now we throw it all away…
This 3rd round doesn’t even address the true issues money they lost the ability to make money.
Last profitable quarter was late 2008…did they gain anything in round three? We see it every day they have lost the ability to run a freight company just write more warning letters and discharge more men and woman rack up incredible cost at the hearings…This is insane…

I agree at what point will the yes men finally get it, round four or five...
YRC tested the water and now they know where the Teamsters stand....
Each concession vote got more yes votes each time...My god what will round four get a 100% yes!
Our brothers before us 20-30-40 years ago stood up for our rights now we throw it all away…
This 3rd round doesn’t even address the true issues money they lost the ability to make money.
Last profitable quarter was late 2008…did they gain anything in round three? We see it every day they have lost the ability to run a freight company just write more warning letters and discharge more men and woman rack up incredible cost at the hearings…This is insane…

Ok let me clean this up so it won't get deleted..............But remember according to the Yes men, "Getting BLANK up the BLANK by YRCW" is better then none at all. "We will live to fight another day" Them days are gone, You had your chance to fight, Now live with the choice you made............
Please fill in the blanks with whatever you choose, As long as it's tasteful. Thank You

If this hasn't been a big deal at most terminals for the 4 hour guy, WHY the push for it in this concession?? Simple math is the answer....Last year with the 15% give back, the non-payment into the pension, YRCW said it would save them $350 a year. NOW...Same 15% give back BUT now they pay 25% back into the pension and YRCW will save $350 a year!!?? HOW, when they will pay 25% into the pension will they save the same money?? My guess, lay off full time, bring in the 4 hour guy where you will pay NO BENEFITS!! JUST like what ConWay has done. Just ask them!

the 4 hour guy will be the guys on lay off all ready.

Be careful... very very careful... you might get what you ask for!!! if the 38% that voted NO all resigned, the company would fold within a week!.... there are no good drivers out there that wants to work here!! they wont even put in a app when there on UE and need to put at least 1 app a week in...... This is the new APA...... no one wants anything to do with YRC and all other drivers show pity on you when you tell them you work here!

Yeah, if the 38% quit, your go find another job attitude would be better then voting NO!....... you still would have to sell that new pickup and boat.. and be under us on the seniority list at the next company since we got there first!

could it be the 38% that voted no that are the ones that dont give a fair days work for a fair days pay.