ABF | The call last night.

I doubt you have the real math according to what your company pays....most companies don't tell you about what the real costs are as far as insurance.....
I'd bet they aren't killing themselves paying for our wonderful insurance...
Ill ask again...would you rather have the FedEx freight job as it stands now or the ABF job as it is right now?

I'd bet they aren't killing themselves paying for our wonderful insurance...
Ill ask again...would you rather have the FedEx freight job as it stands now or the ABF job as it is right now?
I'm going to give you my honest answer.....if I was just starting out and wasn't in the pension fund they would be close to equal....if that were the case I could go to either carrier.....it would come down to who was closer and which one was offering better hours and such....but the actual case is I've been a Teamster for 15 years (and I was an IBEW member for 14) so I wouldn't throw that away now...I'm going to add to my pension till I retire...that doesn't mean I have given up on the union or anything, but it has gotten to the point that I don't blame young guys for not wanting to join... and now I'm going to ask you a question...since you think union compensation is better why aren't you here?.... since you have said you have time in a fund....

I'm going to give you my honest answer.....if I was just starting out and wasn't in the pension fund they would be close to equal....if that were the case I could go to either carrier.....it would come down to who was closer and which one was offering better hours and such....but the actual case is I've been a Teamster for 15 years (and I was an IBEW member for 14) so I wouldn't throw that away now...I'm going to add to my pension till I retire...that doesn't mean I have given up on the union or anything, but it has gotten to the point that I don't blame young guys for not wanting to join... and now I'm going to ask you a question...since you think union compensation is better why aren't you here?.... since you have said you have time in a fund....
My time was with a few different lines, all union..all central states...
The main, and last one was YRC...
They cut paying into the pension in 2010, so that made up my mind to seek employment elsewhere.
I was casual at ABF for several months after the YRC gig, but they were in a hiring freeze...
FedEx called and I answered..13 years later and I'm nearly at the end of my working days.