ABF | The call last night.

So you think that ABF should pay you $33.00 an hour plus your pension and 100% paid health care?
Your making way more than a nonunion driver now of you add those sweet benifits into the mix.
Ups does it. I know ABF don't generate that kind of revenue but they said in a article that they want to be a 6-8 billion dollar company by 2025 (i think the numbers are close) So with another 5 year contract that will once again put us way behind the times with wages....$2.00 in last 10 years is pathetic....

Ups does it. I know ABF don't generate that kind of revenue but they said in a article that they want to be a 6-8 billion dollar company by 2025 (i think the numbers are close) So with another 5 year contract that will once again put us way behind the times with wages....$2.00 in last 10 years is pathetic....
I've always voted against 5yr contracts. Too much can happen in the time frame. Just think about how things changed just in the last three years!!

So you think that ABF should pay you $33.00 an hour plus your pension and 100% paid health care?
Your making way more than a nonunion driver now of you add those sweet benifits into the mix.
I think $31.867145 might get a yes vote. I was just using rounding.
By the way.... you never answered the question posed as to what other industry or service is union and the union workers make less than the non-union because of great benefits. I suppose that is because you know that it does not exist. You seem to forget that it was the Union that voted to save this company in 2013. We have never gotten back to the pre 2013 wages adjusted for inflation. We need a real cost of living inflation clause in the contract that has NO CAP.
As far a benefits go they should be increased by having holidays as voluntary only with another week of vacation added to the schedule. One week of vacation after a year is completely nuts. Sick days should be increased by at least two more days and perhaps more.

In this day n age if it comes to a picket line might as well just move ur chair over to the unemployment line
Didn't happen at Kellogg's of BATTLE CREEK. What about John Deere, nothing runs like a Deere. Times have changed. No one wants to hear a company making close to $300 million a year cry poverty. The Union saved this company in 2013 and it is time to pay the Union workers back. The company can afford it. Too bad the UPS contract was not due May 31st.

I think $31.867145 might get a yes vote. I was just using rounding.
By the way.... you never answered the question posed as to what other industry or service is union and the union workers make less than the non-union because of great benefits. I suppose that is because you know that it does not exist. You seem to forget that it was the Union that voted to save this company in 2013. We have never gotten back to the pre 2013 wages adjusted for inflation. We need a real cost of living inflation clause in the contract that has NO CAP.
As far a benefits go they should be increased by having holidays as voluntary only with another week of vacation added to the schedule. One week of vacation after a year is completely nuts. Sick days should be increased by at least two more days and perhaps more.
I agree completely. 5$ an hour and roughly 10 cents a mile for road drivers. This year! Add a weeks vacation across the board and I was thinking 8-10 sick days 👍

I agree completely. 5$ an hour and roughly 10 cents a mile for road drivers. This year! Add a weeks vacation across the board and I was thinking 8-10 sick days 👍
$5.00 an hour with everyone working 40 hours a week would cost ABF over 83 million in wages plus the Social Security match and unemployment insurance costs. About $85 million al together.

Nobody has to do that......I'm sure you will come on here and look....
I think I've had this conversation before.
I Work at FedEx freight..
$33.12 an hour...little to no pension...Or you could give up money contributed to a pension to get an 8% match on the 401k.
If You carry company insurance... You pay a portion of that...and its not even in the ballpark with teamcare.
I know because I've worked union and nonunion both..
FedEx last operating ratio was low 80's if I remember correctly...
ABF's was around low 90's if I remember correctly...
From a shareholders perspective... Why would I want the company to pay significantly more for my employees when they are already the top paid in the LTL industry?
And ill also ask my union friends again...would you rather have the FedEx freight job... Or the ABF job as it stands today?
I've said it before.. And ill say it again..I hope you can get as much as possible... It only helps us in the nonunion sector.
We wouldn't be drawing what we are now if it wasn't for the union in the first place.