Yellow | The Coming War on Pensions

Good point made by Triplex. But I am looking more at the political consequences of union busting whether it is private or public. Our numbers are dwindling. In the sixties 35 % of labor jobs were union. Today it is under 10% including public employees. Orville Freeman, former governor of Minnesota, helped to form the current Democratic, Farmers and Labor Party. Legislation was passed with the help of the labor unions and FDR, that helped to bring the middle class into existence. The great depression was the catalyst that pushed things in this direction. Ultimately the rise of the labor movement, in conjunction with the establishment of the middle class, resulted in a concentration of political power that the wealthy class viewed as a threat. This is the same battle that is being fought today and they are winning. That is why the public employee unions are under attack. They want to undermine their political power. The more splintered and divided the workers become we play right into their hands. The reason that the trucking industry was deregulated in the first place was because we had garnered too much power. We had the ability to shut the country down. This is no longer the case. There has been a systematic dismantling of labor unions. This has not happened by accident. If people do not wake up we will in a very short time be right back where things stood in 1930. A nation of haves and have nots. Nothing left in the middle. We are in dire need of leaders that have courage and integrity. We lack real statesmen that were in the mold of FDR. I fear that we are headed for another economic collapse that will dwarf the great depression. Maybe that will become the tipping point that will be the impetus for change.

0xtQ3Tf.jpg

I made my poster..... Thousands pass by daily. Including my rep, when he's home...

0xtQ3Tf.jpg

I made my poster..... Thousands pass by daily. Including my rep, when he's home...
I like the way you think, I dislike the idea, they can and did this to us. Love the billboard. Corrections need to be made, but not by politics, without knowing the risk to the retirees and the devastation this will cost the country. I see you came out of hibernation again, don't get caught. However I can see your shadow.