The End Is near

Discussion in 'A. Duie Pyle' started by out the door, Apr 1, 2009.

1. scurvy dude

scurvy dude New Member

Someone has to go-too many trucks fighting over the same freight-I say let her go.
    Call your owners and let them know how you feel-cuz you are,,,,as you say "so good."

2. trucker999

trucker999 Member

adp is buying too much with not enough freight out there,could spell disaster

3. Abbyroad

Abbyroad Member

It's a private company. Nobody knows if they have $1 or $100 million. Pure speculation ruling this thread. Pyle has kicked *** for the most part in the NE. I would trust they know what they're doing.

4. Friend of the frog

Friend of the frog Member

Riiigghhhtt, because buying real estate at discount rates is always a bad investment. Especially when you have a ready made 10 year lease......If that is the case I would spell disaster M-i-l-l-i-o-n-s

5. Hooddock

Hooddock Member

Sounds like the YRCW way!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

6. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

Not !!!!

No we did not over pay hundreds of millions of dollars for companies that either are down sized or have been elimanted. We bought at firesale prices !! YRC can not have much left to sell after they sold the main office today !:Flame-On:

7. ppt1047

ppt1047 Member

When Steve "O" announced the layoffs at the beginning of April in the local newspaper he stated " that these were terminations and not layoffs". Well, Pyle has brought back some part time dockworks to help with the volume of freight.
    With the reduction in rates and the increase in volume, they are having trouble keeping up. When YRC goes out, things will really go bad! Pyle will not be able to manage the volume.

They will need drivers and I am sure Pyle will not hire ex- union drivers (YRC).

The other day, I was at a major account of Pyle's. In the past, Fedex, Pjax, Estes and Pyle were the only LTL players.
    This was my first time there in 45 days. WOW. I saw 10 YRC trailers, NEMF and some other carriers. This shipper just like other shippers only care about rates and not whether the company survives. They do not care if Pyle people deliver, it is about rates.

All the part timers that were let go and now are being called back "as needed" Delivered for Pyle. Look what happen to them.

In the end, will Pyle survive?

8. trucker999

trucker999 Member

ive spoke to alot of duie drivers and they say they feel like higher paid illegal aliens,they load the truck and then deliver the truck,fill it back up and then when they get back to the terminal they unload the truck again,why would anybody want to work like this.keep cutting rates duie and doing things for almost nothing and see what happens.

9. xeastend

xeastend Active Member

If I am not mistaken,sounds like Con Way

10. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

Huh !!!

Someone from YRC talking about cutting rates!!! YRC just was talking about that they will cut rates to get customers back, will they be paying the customers then ??:nutkick:

11. trucker999

trucker999 Member

duie or conway. theres no difference between the two.

12. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

what goes around !

Well we can say the same YRC or CF !!!!:nutkick::ranting2:

13. Abbyroad

Abbyroad Member

What??? First class equipment vs junk. 6-7 start time vs 10. Duie is 3 times the company conway is.

14. stupidgoat

stupidgoat Member

pyle does hire ex union drivers. they like us, we understand the whole "union free" thing. if you look around there are old redstar, cornflakes, and yrc drivers all over the http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...lies/TR10driving03.gifcompany.:TR10driving03:

15. amac256

amac256 Member

death is inevitable

When the family die's so will the company

16. Teamcujo

Teamcujo Member

I don't really think Saia will be buying anyone:

Trucking company Saia changes debt rules - Yahoo! Finance

Pretty bad shape! I don't think the bank is going to lend to them to buy anything when they have to restructure debt to survive.

17. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

Kinda following the footsteps of YRC,oh,I forgot SAIA was a former step-child of YRC..

18. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

Nope

Are you just mad becuase we are your landlord now, we are just fine, keep your coments on your own N-P board !:nutkick::shift:

19. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

20. Abbyroad

Abbyroad Member

Which one is that?