FedEx Freight | The handheld devices for road drivers

First night last night with my handheld, not a big deal. It worked smooth. I really like the e-mail feature.

I e-mailed my trip summary for the night to myself and it popped up on my cell phone in less than a minute...pretty cool.

Good luck getting accurate paychecks!!! This whole thing is going to blow in everyones face, including Corporate!! I see labor lawsuits in the near future due to inconsistency/innacurate pay!! Stealing from employees... something FEDEX has mastered!!

Good luck getting accurate paychecks!!! This whole thing is going to blow in everyones face, including Corporate!! I see labor lawsuits in the near future due to inconsistency/innacurate pay!! Stealing from employees... something FEDEX has mastered!!

Keep Drooling...If I had a dollar for every time someone told me they were going to win the lottery via a lawsuit against this company over some issue, I'd be retired and living the life O'reilly in the islands!!! Even if there are inconsistencies/innacuracies in the short term, as long as the company fixes the issue and pays the money owed in a reasonably timely manner, the courts will reject claims by road lawyers (read as "idiot drivers who think they know more about the law than people with actual legal training").

I'm not a road lawyer like some drooling idiots we know....yet I do have a best friend who's wife is a labor lawyer in Ca. And I get free advice from her...So I'll keep buying megamillions tickets, since the odds are better that I win millions on them than on some minor payroll issue.

ST

What makes you expect inaccurate paychecks? The single biggest factor that would contribute to it being wrong would be you. I guess you could scream "foul" and threaten to sue if you continue forget to add pay items and review your trip during and at the end of your day.

Before the merge, National employees were responsible for entering pay info into the kiosk. I never had a problem (not once) with my pay. It wasn't until someone in Harrison started entering that info for us that the problems started.

Guardrail

Chill out man. If your checks wrong it'll be because you didn't enter your information right. But even then you can get it fixed easy.
There's people at centers around me that's been using it for a month with no check problems at all.

That's why you e-mail your trip summary to yourself, so if there's a problem that's your proof and you just forward that e-mail to payroll.
But If you look at 'trip summary' on the handheld as you end your workday and see you've left something out, add it then, then no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got our bricks this week in DAL I have yet to get into a truck that has a working vector or power to the craddle. Or the brick tells me that I can't make my run because i have been on duty for to long. ( I am just starting my day) I have making any where from a half hour to an hour everyday on the clock and still leaving without using the brick.

So according to purple drool, nothing ever works. You must have a miserable outlook, try something positive once in a while. Negative doesnt work, try today to first be positive.

Phantom 309 said:
I'd hate to be a shop foreman there. Some major arse chewing coming that way I'd say.

Our tractors are in dead line for two weeks for a simple service. I have been writing up tractors for no vector or charger for months. No one in management gives a hoot. Drivers have stopped writing up none DOT issues.

Its even worse if your at a barn with no shop. Fedex makes it nearly impossible for the vendors to do a job in a timely fashion.

Our tractors are in dead line for two weeks for a simple service. I have been writing up tractors for no vector or charger for months. No one in management gives a hoot. Drivers have stopped writing up none DOT issues.

Yea, over the years I've worked at centers with bad shops, it sux overtime.
I'm finally at a place with a decent shop and it makes all the difference in the world for sure.

This new edenroad handheld system is real important to corporate so maybe your all's trouble getting vectors fixed will call attention to your bad shop and bring a crack down on 'em.

Phantom 309 said:
I'd hate to be a shop foreman there. Some major arse chewing coming that way I'd say.

There are a lot of centers that are finding out the vectors aren't working. On most road units the manufacture put it in. Only the old road and city unit were put in by our shops.

There are a lot of centers that are finding out the vectors aren't working. On most road units the manufacture put it in. Only the old road and city unit were put in by our shops.
I've heard that from some friends I've got in other centers around here too.
We're running a lot of old and new stuff at my barn and they're all working ok. (as far as I know, we're a big hub)
Friday night I drove a old Watkins Volvo we've got and my handheld picked it up right away.
The night before I drove a new Volvo and it worked good too.
But I've got a buddy from another small center that drives the same new KW every night. And after a week his handheld hasn't found his truck yet.

P.S. We have found that some trucks will connect without the key on but some you have to turn the key on the get it to connect.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have them in ktl, they have not said anything about speed, we never took the tests, they just had Hugh Morris come out 45 min review and we were on our way. Its simple. The bad thing they are making us take the lunches and on our run cabazon turn you fall in Los Angeles at the lunch and there is no where to stop, cant make the meet point. We will see if anyone gets fired for somethong that is impossible, or if they realize we are covered under dot, hos, not state law, thats for p&d. Doing the paper logs also is a pain, would be nice if they just rolled the whole package out at once. The thing is a no brainer if you have ever used the kiosk. And like the drivers above have said the email to yourself paperless thing is a nice feature. Once the E logs happen i would imagine the avg speed for your state would come into play for the trip, no nitpicking about passing speeds at the moment, hopefully never, but with a 65mph governed top speed i doubt it.

I bet management will love seeing all the trucks outside the gate or road in our case, the local police will too. Dispatch will see on their screen alot of dots in one area/truckstop waiting to catch up. Catching up won't work, because if this system works like another company I know, if you speed, you go in violation mode. The computer/gps knows the speed limits everywhere- and when you violate them, you're warned with an annoying beeping sound, then it goes on some kind of report issued monthly I 've been told.

Will not happen misfit, no beeping sounds, the thing locks as soon as the tractor is started and doesnt make a sound. Its strictly for freight tracking and driver tracking, lunch compliance etc, nothing can be done while the tractor is running, no messaging, no reading your trip, NOTHING! Their are geo fences every 20 miles or so that track your vehicle, they dont pinpoint gps all 8000 tractors, although i am sure if they wanted to, gps is accurate within 5ft. The gps is in the vector not the handheld, all the tractors already were equiped with gps, nothing new there other than the geo fences. Its not TELETRAC or QUALCOMM, its a handheld kiosk, thats it, does exactly what the kiosk and gate tags did without them being used. Personally im not going to read into what other options may be put in place at a later date. AS far as speed goes, correct me if i am wrong im from the communist state of california, but the max governed speed of all our trucks is 65? so in most states you cant even go the legal speed.