FedEx Freight | The Latest

Aubie

TB Lurker
Credits
Now that '07 has arrived lets see what new rumors are floating around about FedEx National LTL...Guys?...Gals? The newest bid schedule, due to start in Feb will only last for 2 months and that will get us back on the 6 month bid cycle...April and Oct.....The sales blitz is to take effect this month, Jan, and the "one call" theory is going to be pushed VERY hard. I look for FedEx NTL to be a blessing to all involved. PLEASE hang in there if you can, you will be glad you did!!

Now that '07 has arrived lets see what new rumors are floating around about FedEx National LTL...Guys?...Gals? The newest bid schedule, due to start in Feb will only last for 2 months and that will get us back on the 6 month bid cycle...April and Oct.....The sales blitz is to take effect this month, Jan, and the "one call" theory is going to be pushed VERY hard. I look for FedEx NTL to be a blessing to all involved. PLEASE hang in there if you can, you will be glad you did!!

Not sure where you bid but in SLC and other breaks we have bid 3 times a year April, August and Jan. (not twice a year) for 10 plus yrs. Onto other rumors out there and mind you these are just rumors' but they are what is being discussed among the TM's.

New service dates take effect Feb 5 ( this is factual)
Coporate is looking at religning Line haul by June 1
Line haul bids are currently 50/50 bid verus wild team. expect a move toward 80/ 20 bid runs vrs wild teams.:1036316054:
expect to see more meet and turns and less lay downs:1036316054:
Coporate is close to nailing down the Lowe's contract on 3 plus day lanes (FXF already does there 1 and 2 day lanes):tongue0015:
Things should start to look up sooner than later guys. Hang in there and good luck to all.

One thing that I saw today was the service time has started to increase. This freight was picked up in Milwaukee on the 1-11-07and is due 1-19-07 in Dallas. I thought that this was a fluke but all of the bills out of Milwaukee showed the same thing. I guess that the powers that be know what they are doing.:hide:

One thing that I saw today was the service time has started to increase. This freight was picked up in Milwaukee on the 1-11-07and is due 1-19-07 in Dallas. I thought that this was a fluke but all of the bills out of Milwaukee showed the same thing. I guess that the powers that be know what they are doing.:hide:
That's what the customer wants a lower priced option that is slower due to they will fill up the trailer before it moves.

If given a choice to pay 100 bucks and get it in 2 days or 50 and get it in 3-4 which would you choose?

FM

That's what the customer wants a lower priced option that is slower due to they will fill up the trailer before it moves.

If given a choice to pay 100 bucks and get it in 2 days or 50 and get it in 3-4 which would you choose?

FM
that is completely correct. this pretty much sums up the suite of services now. You got the quick LTL, slower LTL, Expedited and Truckload (brokerage) so look for that one to be a next i think ... as far as FedEx trucks go.

Rob

New bids will run till june. Then expect longer runs, that will leave on rotating days. This a rumer I heard. Fx is getting to be like the army.

you guy"s have not had no run"s turned into dock bids yet? if not you can bet 1 thing they are coming fedex believe"s in having them driver"s on the dock......

We had some of those, they were called hub runs but they were stoped when fx took over. I run team bid with my wife and we haven't had a full week since Xmas.

At FXFE STL we cancel 2-4 out of 8 runs to IND every night, extra board is sitting at home, well bottom guys.

Spring is coming, hopefully it'll turn around then, the Lowes account will help.

FM

My bid is to go to ATL and work 4 1/2 hours on the dock. So...I guess Fed Ex is going in that direction...There are several others that got a dock run into ATL as well...OPS said that they are just trying to keep us all busy until "things break loose". Im going to hang in as long as I can...dont know how long that will be tho.

FM

And I can bet on one thing. No matter how long it actually takes to get to the delivery center, it will sit there until the scheduled day. So, even if it makes it from Milwaukee to Dallas in 2 days, it will sit there until the due date. Why? Because they don't want the customer to think, "Well, I paid for four-day service, but maybe it will get there early."

And I can bet on one thing. No matter how long it actually takes to get to the delivery center, it will sit there until the scheduled day. So, even if it makes it from Milwaukee to Dallas in 2 days, it will sit there until the due date. Why? Because they don't want the customer to think, "Well, I paid for four-day service, but maybe it will get there early."
Maybe, but I don't think they will hold it if it arrives early, the sooner it delivers the sooner they bill for it and the sooner they get the revenue due.

While running the city at FXFE there were several times I would deliver freight ahead. Of course if it means you won't deliver something else on time then the ahead freight will sit.

FM

Maybe, but I don't think they will hold it if it arrives early, the sooner it delivers the sooner they bill for it and the sooner they get the revenue due.

While running the city at FXFE there were several times I would deliver freight ahead. Of course if it means you won't deliver something else on time then the ahead freight will sit.

FM

Did you read what I wrote? It is company policy at both FedEx and UPS not to deliver earlier than the customer paid for. It is policy. It is company rules. Can I be any clearer? It is for a a good business reason. You want it there earlier, you pay more for it. You want it there cheaper, it will take longer. Period.

I've waited 3 days for items that were already in the local warehouse, because their delivery date had not arrived.

Did you read what I wrote? It is company policy at both FedEx and UPS not to deliver earlier than the customer paid for. It is policy. It is company rules. Can I be any clearer? It is for a a good business reason. You want it there earlier, you pay more for it. You want it there cheaper, it will take longer. Period.

I've waited 3 days for items that were already in the local warehouse, because their delivery date had not arrived.
Well, i know too that FedEx Freight terminals are not storage locations and if the freight is there early and the trailer has room and driver wont be late - its usually gone. Freight sitting on a dock is doing nothing for the company but attracting a potential damage claim ... and it might be FedEx Freight "policy" but its not the corporations policy for sure ... our job is to get the freight and packages there when the customer wants them there. Most of our deliveries are made ahead of schedule. We have a 89% on time service rating for deliveries right now, which is OUTSTANDING (you might think that is a low number, but remember we only have 1400 trucks all across the country, Canada and Alaska to cover our loads. we set up on average 500+ or so loads a day in a non peak time and we quote the customer to the minute of delivery) now, when we tell a customer our truck will be there at 0337 in the morning and they say they will have someone sitting there waiting, that person is usually happy to see we made up some time in transit and arrived at 0250 instead. but anyway .. im tired ..

Rob

Geez, FM! Read what he wrote! It's not like he could be any clearer! Period! Policy! Company rules! Funny stuff! :hysterical:

Well he wasn't the nicest guy to my Super Mod but I see what he is saying , if say customer 1 chooses FXFE for one shipment that MUST get there in 2 days , then they use FXN for another shipment there that can take longer but arrives in the same time period but cheaper, then FXF would be shooting themselves in the foot now wouldn't they?

I get the point but apparently someone forgot to tell FXN the rules because we have always and still do deliver several shipments a day ahead of schedule.:duh: A previous post stated we have a 89% on time delivery, I was told by our TM yesterday that we are at 98% on time before the transit times are slow down.:1036316054: