R&L | The New Driver Incentive Program

2Dumb2Quit

TB Lurker
Credits
Is every one enjoying the new driver incentive program for pickups?:chairshot:

I for one can do without these contests that cause animosity towards your fellow driver. The program is not conducted in a fair and proper method.:stirthepot:

There are several drivers who have such a high percentage of daily pickups, that their chances of winning are slim to none. The last time they ran a similar contest the major accounts (multiple bill counts) were not included in the average score.

The outbound frieght is not evenly distributed on daily basis either...allowing for some drivers to make more pickups than others. (I realize that their average will change)

If they are trying to scare up freight for Washington and Oregon, than make it a contest about those two states. The weekly winner should be the driver or drivers that pickup the highest percentage of new freight. Not existing freight!!!:nutkick:

To the winners I say enjoy the spoils. To those of us who dont care about this contest and are just doing our jobs...keep fighting the good fight.:wavey:

why don't they just get rid of all the contests all-together?the wilmington terminal is going to win everytime.i've been with r&l for 7yrs and the pattern of them winning every contest,or being included with other terminals,is so freaking ridiculous.

Welcome to the boards milwcowboy.

I feel your pain...Ive been with R&L for almost 6 years (Lebanon PA)...and I have no love lost for these contests.

A driver who has only averaged 4 or 5 bills a day is going to be in the drivers seat in this contest. To double his percentage, he only has to pick up 8 or 10 bills a day. Now the driver who has averaged 18 to 20 bills a day,is going to have to pick up 36 to 40 bills a day just to stay even with that first driver. Sometimes, you pick up only 3 or 4 bills and your trailer is full. I believe a contest should has some element of how much revenue a driver generates. I like contests, but the way this is set up, it really only benefits drivers who have had low bill counts in the past.:duh:

Maybe it's different at your terminals, but down here, nobody seems to care about the contest, or any of the contests for that matter.
We know that we're not going to win anything no matter what. As milw said, WIL will win. If you don't believe that, just ask anybody that competed in the truck rodeo a few years ago. What a joke............

Lebanon,Pa Terminal

I'd like some input on the Lebanon Terminal .I was curious to know what people thought of the work environment and the TM. I know I've got some good feedback on other questions i've asked ,I'm just trying to:beerchug: get a feel for the job over there .I wanna make sure the situation is right before I make a move ...I'm not a job ***** and i don't wanna jump around .When i make my next move i want it to be my last.....

Could someone explain the incentive program to us non R&L drivers?
Sounds like it's based on percentage improvements but I'm not sure.
What do you win?

Just curious

TruckDiver said:
Maybe it's different at your terminals, but down here, nobody seems to care about the contest, or any of the contests for that matter.
We know that we're not going to win anything no matter what. As milw said, WIL will win. If you don't believe that, just ask anybody that competed in the truck rodeo a few years ago. What a joke............
WIL only won two of the four classes. NOR won the other two.

CFer said:
What do you win?

Just curious
Don't have a clue what it's all about but i know cash is involved...

CFer said:
What do you win?

Just curious
The way the plan works is this. R&L calculates how many pick-up bills you have averaged over a set time. I am not sure if it is over the last year, or over some other period of time. I think its your bill count averaged over the previous 3 months. Anyway, the driver who has the largest percentage increase for the week gets $100.00 cash. The plan is flawed in the fact that some drivers have averaged pickingup 20 bills a day, some drivers for whatever reason have only averaged picking up 5 bills a day. :duh: The driver who has averaged 20 bills, would have to pick up 40 bills a day to stay even with the driver that has averaged 5 bills and then started picking up say 10 bills. Whoever has the largest percentage increase gets the money. Another part of the program is if you sign up a new customer, the driver who signed the customer up, gets the credit for the freight bills, even if another driver picks up the freight.

braceface said:
The way the plan works is this. R&L calculates how many pick-up bills you have averaged over a set time. I am not sure if it is over the last year, or over some other period of time. I think its your bill count averaged over the previous 3 months. Anyway, the driver who has the largest percentage increase for the week gets $100.00 cash. The plan is flawed in the fact that some drivers have averaged pickingup 20 bills a day, some drivers for whatever reason have only averaged picking up 5 bills a day. :duh: The driver who has averaged 20 bills, would have to pick up 40 bills a day to stay even with the driver that has averaged 5 bills and then started picking up say 10 bills. Whoever has the largest percentage increase gets the money. Another part of the program is if you sign up a new customer, the driver who signed the customer up, gets the credit for the freight bills, even if another driver picks up the freight.

Thanks for the info braveface. I see your point about averages. One other thing to consider is that a driver can only be as porductive as his dispatcher makes him.

contest

I say pay us what you owe us..Linehaul dont get squat.. no money for breakdowns either..I have been trying to collect breakdown money for over 3 years.:chairshot: .good luck..:smilie_132:

contest for the birds.:biglaugh: . they pay big money in wilmington for some college educated greenhorn to come up with these one sided dispatcher controlled giveaways..:duh:

You gotta love this contest. A new driver that hasnt even made his 90 days won the contest for last week...With a 292% increase, his weekly average is 11 (bills) and he picked up a whopping 43 bills for the week.:cuss:

Meanwhile, my weekly average is 72 (bills)...I cannot not even consider seeing a crisp shiny"Benjamin" ($100 Bill for you dummies) for my troubles. I also average about 70-72 deliveries a week...while Mr Newguy might deliver about 30 bills a week if he is lucky. Where's the incentive? I have the highest average at our terminal and what will I get...:nutkick:!

I would have to grab about 100 bills for one week to get a slight chance of seeing a Benjamin...if Im lucky. Then my percentage would go even higher...This contest blows.:thumbsdown:

DrinksOldNo7 said:
You gotta love this contest. A new driver that hasnt even made his 90 days won the contest for last week...With a 292% increase, his weekly average is 11 (bills) and he picked up a whopping 43 bills for the week.:cuss:

Meanwhile, my weekly average is 72 (bills)...I cannot not even consider seeing a crisp shiny"Benjamin" ($100 Bill for you dummies) for my troubles. I also average about 70-72 deliveries a week...while Mr Newguy might deliver about 30 bills a week if he is lucky. Where's the incentive? I have the highest average at our terminal and what will I get...:nutkick:!

I would have to grab about 100 bills for one week to get a slight chance of seeing a Benjamin...if Im lucky. Then my percentage would go even higher...This contest blows.:thumbsdown:
R&L management could not have put any thought in to this incentive plan. You are exactly right. You are also at the mercy of the dispatcher. If he sends you someplace where you pick up a lot of bills, you may have more of a chance. For the most part, there is absolutely no fairness to this plan.:chairshot: