XPO | The Problems

George

3rd rock from the sun
Credits
As a 19 year dsr at Conway I'm asking seriously what are the issues that folks have here that a union will solve? My gripes are the over use of subservice haulers, I don't agree with Lean, I don't believe in the Optimizer, and the last raise was an insult. The union might address two of the four of my issues. What are yours? Don't use broad brushstrokes like "This company sucks," or "They're screwin' me." Not trying to be for or against, just trying to comprehend. Press on

Last edited by a moderator:
As a 19 year dsr at Conway I'm asking seriously what are the issues that folks have here that a union will solve? My gripes are the over use of subservice haulers, I don't agree with Lean, I don't believe in the Optimizer, and the last raise was an insult. The union might address two of the four of my issues. What are yours? Don't use broad brushstrokes like "This company sucks," or "Their screwin' me." Not trying to be for or against, just trying to comprehend. Press on
good post.

"Earning your vacation" that's not the way it started, we lost 10 sick days, know if you get sick, you have to use your vacation days. The 3 strike policy, instead of 7 points, not matching our 401K and a frozen Pension, of the top of my head...:Rulz:

The micromanaging , not trusting seasoned employees. Stolen vacations. Running around senior drivers that have bids. Telling city drivers "if you can not sleep come in" before senior drivers allowing drivers to not honor seniority bid starts. Should I go on? Oh! Been here 30 years

As a 19 year dsr at Conway I'm asking seriously what are the issues that folks have here that a union will solve? My gripes are the over use of subservice haulers, I don't agree with Lean, I don't believe in the Optimizer, and the last raise was an insult. The union might address two of the four of my issues. What are yours? Don't use broad brushstrokes like "This company sucks," or "Their screwin' me." Not trying to be for or against, just trying to comprehend. Press on
You're 19 and a DSR ? I didn't know Con-Way hired drivers before 21. So you can only do linehaul in state?

Well, the cameras in our face still ticks me off. We are so short handed and are still losing drivers at my terminal. So I guess that means they can't be too hard on us if we get called in for a "coaching". One of our drivers told the SCM he can shove the camera up his @$$ when he was called in. Nothing ever came about that. Not to mention $30 Million wasted on them. I think the drivers are tired of being bullied and are starting to push back.

Well, the cameras in our face still ticks me off. We are so short handed and are still losing drivers at my terminal. So I guess that means they can't be too hard on us if we get called in for a "coaching". One of our drivers told the SCM he can shove the camera up his @$$ when he was called in. Nothing ever came about that. Not to mention $30 Million wasted on them. I think the drivers are tired of being bullied and are starting to push back.

Promises were made and not kept and toxic leadership. I have been lucky at my barn on the leadership, I know some other barns that have some real winners

I'm just glad union carriers don't allow sub-service.

7-1-14to7-3-14CentrevilleMD-OrlandoFLpics559.jpg

I really don't like all the stratification. Different pay. Different retirement. Different OT. Different equipment.

I know the company wants to get away from subs but can't because of driver shortages

You can't fix stupid !

I would argue , but why? As I posed earlier , it was a mistake , I am not management - I do make them but I try not to.

The longer I work at Con-way the harder I have to work to shake off the brainwashing that is leading to some of the problems now.

Some can't.....

Last edited by a moderator: