R&L | The Scales Have Fallen From My Eyes

Ted Decker trk

When things are FUBAR, FIDO!
Credits
i have always tried to give the company the benefit of the doubt. This silliness over the Wuhan Flu has laid bare the true nature of this outfit. They, through action and inaction, have demonstrated repeatedly they DO NOT CARE about their employees. We are indeed numbers. Sad to see. I will continue to take their money for my services, but the relationship will be viewed through a different prism moving forward. I'm not given to touchy feeley I'm helpless rants, but it is now clear I am about as valuable as a tank of diesel to them. Simply a commodity to be used as a means to an end.

i have always tried to give the company the benefit of the doubt. This silliness over the Wuhan Flu has laid bare the true nature of this outfit. They, through action and inaction, have demonstrated repeatedly they DO NOT CARE about their employees. We are indeed numbers. Sad to see. I will continue to take their money for my services, but the relationship will be viewed through a different prism moving forward. I'm not given to touchy feeley I'm helpless rants, but it is now clear I am about as valuable as a tank of diesel to them. Simply a commodity to be used as a means to an end.
A terminal manager told me years ago, as we were in the midst of closing a terminal, with choices to bid 3 others. He told me straight out, it did not matter to the company who bid where, because we are just bodies to them.

Ted, I hope you know diesel is cheap now!

An example of the silliness induced by the Wuhan Flu:

Had a getaway planned with the wife next weekend. Wanted Friday next off. Put in for vacation day. Told I couldn't have it because we are understaffed. I said well you might as well plan on me being sick that day. I was told if I mark off sick I will not be allowed to return for two weeks and must have doctors slip stating I have been tested and cleared of having Wuhan Flu. I'm fed up enough that I was still considering taking the day and calling their bluff so I called my personal doc to inquire about testing. They will not test unless you have symptoms and they feel you need tested due to shortage of tests!

I have been here eleven years come May and have never taken an unscheduled day off.

Maybe time to take a sabbatical and move back to tankers.

An example of the silliness induced by the Wuhan Flu:

Had a getaway planned with the wife next weekend. Wanted Friday next off. Put in for vacation day. Told I couldn't have it because we are understaffed. I said well you might as well plan on me being sick that day. I was told if I mark off sick I will not be allowed to return for two weeks and must have doctors slip stating I have been tested and cleared of having Wuhan Flu. I'm fed up enough that I was still considering taking the day and calling their bluff so I called my personal doc to inquire about testing. They will not test unless you have symptoms and they feel you need tested due to shortage of tests!

I have been here eleven years come May and have never taken an unscheduled day off.

Maybe time to take a sabbatical and move back to tankers.
Sounds like a good time for a company wide sick day

Sounds like a good time for a company wide sick day
While I know you’re delivering all sorts of freight, and that’s fine, it’s just possible that a shipment of emergency freight could be delayed. There are a lot of people, including me, that are thankful, and depend on your work every single day.

While I know you’re delivering all sorts of freight, and that’s fine, it’s just possible that a shipment of emergency freight could be delayed. There are a lot of people, including me, that are thankful, and depend on your work every single day.
No its not fine im risking my life and the life of my family to deliver sheds and swingsets this non emergency freight needs to stop ,the more people we can get to stay home the faster the virus will go away , you cant have a livelyhood without a life !

No its not fine im risking my life and the life of my family to deliver sheds and swingsets this non emergency freight needs to stop ,the more people we can get to stay home the faster the virus will go away you cant have a livelyhood without a life !
If you’re worried about that, and I don’t blame you if you are, couldn’t you take a leave of absence? The other freight is allowing the company to keep operating, and more people working. I’m not disrespecting you at all, I’m trying to help you find something that will ease your anxiety about this.

If you’re worried about that, and I don’t blame you if you are, couldn’t you take a leave of absence? The other freight is allowing the company to keep operating, and more people working. I’m not disrespecting you at all, I’m trying to help you find something that will ease your anxiety about this.
In the last two weeks nothing on my trailers has been life supporting in anyway furniture,cheap China made mini bikes,oh and a guaranteed delivery paper shredder which customer said was supposed to be assembled what the heck that’s really life threatening support

In the last two weeks nothing on my trailers has been life supporting in anyway furniture,cheap China made mini bikes,oh and a guaranteed delivery paper shredder which customer said was supposed to be assembled what the heck that’s really life threatening support
I think you’re missing my point.

I think you’re missing my point.
No the point is I’m in the process of moving around 3 skids of air conditioners that have been out for delivery at least 2 other times besides today CLOSED because of covid-19 this proves all that matters is numbers and not the safety of employees shipment has two yellow bring back stickers on them mine will make 3 and it will also state no reload for delivery until customer contacted

On top of that, we are being treated like animals out here, no access to buildings or restrooms, can't hardly get a hot sandwich. Being told you've been too many places to be allowed in our facility. Very little essential freight on my trailer. Forced to stand out side waiting on access. SUCKS.

On top of that, we are being treated like animals out here, no access to buildings or restrooms, can't hardly get a hot sandwich. Being told you've been too many places to be allowed in our facility. Very little essential freight on my trailer. Forced to stand out side waiting on access. SUCKS.
Yep and now Louisiana is considered a hotspot it’s just a matter of time before we take it home to our families

Nope. Been told not showing up would be considered voluntary quit unless you follow what I outlined above.

And we are being repaid by being denied access to basic human necessities. There are no truck accessible parking areas with access to restrooms and food that are not part of a customers' facility within 25 miles of where I spend my day. I am entirely reliant on access to their facilities. They all want their freight but I'm treated like Typhoid Mary. I have one customer who has not lost his mind and allows me to use his restrooms even if I don't have a pickup or delivery for him. He will be taken care of well in the future. The only downside is he closes at 1500 sharp. I don't usually get back to my barn until 1830 or after. So 1500-1830 I'm screwed.

Well fortunately and unfortunately we haven’t really slowed down, it’s kind of a double edged sword, that’s probably why they haven’t offered for people to stay home. I think this is because this is all unfolding as we head into the busy season, so we’re kinda continuing winter freight levels instead of blowing up like usual.

And we are being repaid by being denied access to basic human necessities. There are no truck accessible parking areas with access to restrooms and food that are not part of a customers' facility within 25 miles of where I spend my day. I am entirely reliant on access to their facilities. They all want their freight but I'm treated like Typhoid Mary. I have one customer who has not lost his mind and allows me to use his restrooms even if I don't have a pickup or delivery for him. He will be taken care of well in the future. The only downside is he closes at 1500 sharp. I don't usually get back to my barn until 1830 or after. So 1500-1830 I'm screwed.

you need one of these in your trailer Ted.

WCLoQCz.jpg

Ive said the same. I now know how Lepers felt. Ive actually told customers that refuse entry, How do I know that your not sick as you open my door and go inside my trailer, possibly moving my pallet jack with your hands you might have just coughed into. Am I less important than you?