R&L | The Scales Have Fallen From My Eyes

Ive said the same. I now know how Lepers felt. Ive actually told customers that refuse entry, How do I know that your not sick as you open my door and go inside my trailer, possibly moving my pallet jack with your hands you might have just coughed into. Am I less important than you?
They don’t let me in; they don’t go in my trailer. Padlock on door.

While I know you’re delivering all sorts of freight, and that’s fine, it’s just possible that a shipment of emergency freight could be delayed. There are a lot of people, including me, that are thankful, and depend on your work every single day.
You obviously don't get it do you? We aren't a truckload carrier. We are delivering plastics....ink.....concrete mortar....flat boxes....etc....we are not hauling truckloads of toilet paper......nor medical supplies.....nor food.....nor any other emergency supplies. We are an LTL carrier doing nothing but putting money in R+Ls pocket. They've done nothing to address keeping these terminals even minimally disinfected.....nothing. You go ahead and sit there with your thumb firmly inserted while we get to put our lives and our families lives in the unknown ok. Best you understand what we are dealing with before inserting your foot in your ###.

You obviously don't get it do you? We aren't a truckload carrier. We are delivering plastics....ink.....concrete mortar....flat boxes....etc....we are not hauling truckloads of toilet paper......nor medical supplies.....nor food.....nor any other emergency supplies. We are an LTL carrier doing nothing but putting money in R+Ls pocket. They've done nothing to address keeping these terminals even minimally disinfected.....nothing. You go ahead and sit there with your thumb firmly inserted while we get to put our lives and our families lives in the unknown ok. Best you understand what we are dealing with before inserting your foot in your ###.
I've had 1 skid of 10 ctns of diabetic needles on my trailer this week. That is the only food or medical supplies I delivered or picked up ALL WEEK. Nobody is spot on

And we are being repaid by being denied access to basic human necessities. There are no truck accessible parking areas with access to restrooms and food that are not part of a customers' facility within 25 miles of where I spend my day. I am entirely reliant on access to their facilities. They all want their freight but I'm treated like Typhoid Mary. I have one customer who has not lost his mind and allows me to use his restrooms even if I don't have a pickup or delivery for him. He will be taken care of well in the future. The only downside is he closes at 1500 sharp. I don't usually get back to my barn until 1830 or after. So 1500-1830 I'm screwed.
We’re men! The world is our toilet

And we are being repaid by being denied access to basic human necessities. There are no truck accessible parking areas with access to restrooms and food that are not part of a customers' facility within 25 miles of where I spend my day. I am entirely reliant on access to their facilities. They all want their freight but I'm treated like Typhoid Mary. I have one customer who has not lost his mind and allows me to use his restrooms even if I don't have a pickup or delivery for him. He will be taken care of well in the future. The only downside is he closes at 1500 sharp. I don't usually get back to my barn until 1830 or after. So 1500-1830 I'm screwed.
Would it not be Typhoid Ted? Or are you wearing a skirt?

If this happens in basketball with a kilt, I'd probably raise eyebrows doing a pretrip on a windy day!

VtmrC0d.jpg

I have a few accounts that will not let me in the building. I don't care. I move their freight to the tail, Place the copy of the DR on the skid. I move the pallet jack out of the way before I get there. I try to make it as low risk for me as possible. I write Covid 19 6 ft Rule and the persons first name on the DR. I stay as far away from the consignees all day long. Been on my bid for 11 years. I knew when this started who would be the pain in my ass. If I have a skid that needs a forklift. I ask someone to move it to the tail. I am lucky I have some docks I am allowed to use to move freight on if I need to. Even use the fork lifts. I do agree R&L has dropped the ball on getting the supplies need to make it as safe as possible for us. All we have is a box of gloves and one sanitizer wipes. But we can take FMLA with no pay if we don't like it. Or we can leave and go work for another outfit. Not me. May be different were your at. But here I see these other LTL's and say no way would I work for therm. I been around for awhile. And I have worked for a few of these other outfits. Only one I would go back to. I left them because I decried to move and they did not operate in this city. Be safe and work smart.

I was told specifically by HR that FMLA can only be used for a documentable health event. No health event, no show would be considered a voluntary quit.

I have a few accounts that will not let me in the building. I don't care. I move their freight to the tail, Place the copy of the DR on the skid. I move the pallet jack out of the way before I get there. I try to make it as low risk for me as possible. I write Covid 19 6 ft Rule and the persons first name on the DR. I stay as far away from the consignees all day long. Been on my bid for 11 years. I knew when this started who would be the pain in my ass. If I have a skid that needs a forklift. I ask someone to move it to the tail. I am lucky I have some docks I am allowed to use to move freight on if I need to. Even use the fork lifts. I do agree R&L has dropped the ball on getting the supplies need to make it as safe as possible for us. All we have is a box of gloves and one sanitizer wipes. But we can take FMLA with no pay if we don't like it. Or we can leave and go work for another outfit. Not me. May be different were your at. But here I see these other LTL's and say no way would I work for therm. I been around for awhile. And I have worked for a few of these other outfits. Only one I would go back to. I left them because I decried to move and they did not operate in this city. Be safe and work smart.
Which ones would you go work for if you got laid off?

I was told specifically by HR that FMLA can only be used for a documentable health event. No health event, no show would be considered a voluntary quit.
Which is just plain dumb. Who are they going to get to move the freight when it comes back in a month or two if they fire ppl? Dont know about your area but we can’t buy a driver in mine

Which is just plain dumb. Who are they going to get to move the freight when it comes back in a month or two if they fire ppl? Dont know about your area but we can’t buy a driver in mine
It used to take several weeks to get applicants processed now I’ve seen people hired within a week. most have no P&D experience and Quit because of the high stress level.

None I am retiring when this is over to PT driver 2 days a week. I will give them a 3rd day from time to time. I am #3 they would have to shut Barn down for me to be gone.
Congratulations on your ability to have that option. Some ltl carriers, Saia, don’t go by seniority when choosing who to lay off, but rather go by whomever gives leadership the most headaches

Congratulations on your ability to have that option. Some ltl carriers, Saia, don’t go by seniority when choosing who to lay off, but rather go by whomever gives leadership the most headaches
I think I hit the ::shit:: list yesterday. I laid into the TM. He was bitching about being on the Clock and not loaded yet. I said my bid is 8:30 am. Need to ask the Dispatcher. He then said I moved you to combo. Make sure you clock back over to P&D. Then I said you are worried about me it was 9:05 I just got hook up. When you have two Clock suckers with 7:30 am Bids that never roll out of the yard till 9 or later. He said I will push everyone time back. I said as long as you do by 6:30 am cause I will not turn my phone on till 6:30 am 6:31 am I am coming in at 8:30 am. 2 Hr notice to change start time. Then when I clocked out for the day. I did not even hit 8 hrs. I was ok with that. That was me wanting to go. I seen him on the way out. I yell hey less then 8 today. let me know Monday how may hour the clock sucker took R&L for today.

I think I hit the :::shit::: list yesterday. I laid into the TM. He was bitching about being on the Clock and not loaded yet. I said my bid is 8:30 am. Need to ask the Dispatcher. He then said I moved you to combo. Make sure you clock back over to P&D. Then I said you are worried about me it was 9:05 I just got hook up. When you have two Clock suckers with 7:30 am Bids that never roll out of the yard till 9 or later. He said I will push everyone time back. I said as long as you do by 6:30 am cause I will not turn my phone on till 6:30 am 6:31 am I am coming in at 8:30 am. 2 Hr notice to change start time. Then when I clocked out for the day. I did not even hit 8 hrs. I was ok with that. That was me wanting to go. I seen him on the way out. I yell hey less then 8 today. let me know Monday how may hour the clock sucker took R&L for today.
Yeah you are on the lay-off list lol