Holland | The time for action is now!

I think ole beany might get a little carried away with his "authority"
:tribe:
:hysterical:

maybe if "someone" spent a little less time on the puter and more time moving freight some of us might get outta loueyville on time .... :hysterical:

ok ok ok ok ... dont ban me beany :hysterical: my side is hurtin he he he

Check your PM's Caddy.

Its not the guys in Louisville's fault, most of the time, that you or anybody else has to wait. Thank YRC, they're the one's that keep cutting jobs in LO and every where else. If you have the business to work everybody and they still want to lay people off, what can we poor little employee's do about it?

Caddy, you know that I don't ban people, anybody thats been banned has had several chances to follow the rules and when they decide to continually break them, they get what they get. They ban themselves.

I can take it Caddy, your safe for now? (J/K with you.)

I started this thread to bring light to the fact that the IBT started this whole UE program. I think it has gotten off of the subject. Are we all going to accept that this is just the way it is? The contract states that the UE will create new job opportunities, the COO states that there is a need for more UE positions because of current economic conditions. The IBT continues to not represent their membership. Am I alone on this issue? Are there only a few that will stand up and says this is wrong? Wake-up Brothers, if your don't we will all be out of jobs. This must stop now. The IBT and our Locals must be held accountable for their actions. T.J just wrote how good this UE positions is for us. He said that this contract has created new jobs. I would like to know where. The only new jobs that have been created are the low wage $14 per hour casual jobs. I guess if I were Tyson I would like the contract also. The IBT gets dues, pension, and health and welfare money for these people and they will never pay out a single dime to these casuals. I guess the rest of us are asking to much to get the representation that we pay for.

Show me the way

:notworthy:
I started this thread to bring light to the fact that the IBT started this whole UE program. I think it has gotten off of the subject. Are we all going to accept that this is just the way it is? The contract states that the UE will create new job opportunities, the COO states that there is a need for more UE positions because of current economic conditions. The IBT continues to not represent their membership. Am I alone on this issue? Are there only a few that will stand up and says this is wrong? Wake-up Brothers, if your don't we will all be out of jobs. This must stop now. The IBT and our Locals must be held accountable for their actions. T.J just wrote how good this UE positions is for us. He said that this contract has created new jobs. I would like to know where. The only new jobs that have been created are the low wage $14 per hour casual jobs. I guess if I were Tyson I would like the contract also. The IBT gets dues, pension, and health and welfare money for these people and they will never pay out a single dime to these casuals. I guess the rest of us are asking to much to get the representation that we pay for.

$14 casuals pay $200.- in initiation fees plus dues. No Health & Welfare, the company does pay in to the pension fund that the casuals will never see.

I am with you brother just show me the way!! :highfive:

GBA:USA: SEMPER FI

I, too, read the recent freight update and asked the question "where are all these new jobs" and "where is all this new business"... being one of the many laid-off brothers and sisters I didn't and still don't buy the propoganda that continues to come at us from our supposed representatives, with that said, I would sign a petition to demand action from the IBT but as one brother said the real time for action was in March when this contract was just a proposal. I fear that it is too late to undo what has been done to us...

I, too, read the recent freight update and asked the question "where are all these new jobs" and "where is all this new business"... being one of the many laid-off brothers and sisters I didn't and still don't buy the propoganda that continues to come at us from our supposed representatives, with that said, I would sign a petition to demand action from the IBT but as one brother said the real time for action was in March when this contract was just a proposal. I fear that it is too late to undo what has been done to us...
You are correct. It is too late now. This should have been voted down back in March. I can't help noticing that now people are finally concerned. Where was the concern back in March? Nobody would even listen to these concerns back then. I feel sorry for the ones that are on lay off. But, nobody would get themselves informed or listen before they voted. I'm affraid that we have to live with it now. Good luck to everyone.

You are correct. It is too late now. This should have been voted down back in March. I can't help noticing that now people are finally concerned. Where was the concern back in March? Nobody would even listen to these concerns back then. I feel sorry for the ones that are on lay off. But, nobody would get themselves informed or listen before they voted. I'm affraid that we have to live with it now. Good luck to everyone.

I was one of those that tried to warn everyone about this contract. I am not ready to give-up. If we can't change the implementation of the contract, we can change our Leadership. There must be accountability for the lack of Character and Honor displayed by our Leadership.

I was one of those that tried to warn everyone about this contract. I am not ready to give-up. If we can't change the implementation of the contract, we can change our Leadership. There must be accountability for the lack of Character and Honor displayed by our Leadership.

When the so called leadership negotiated this contract they checked Honor and Character and I might add Leadership at the door.

GBA:USA:

I also tried my best to help get the grey areas exposed to everyone. Nobody seemed to listen though. I'm not some "strike" fan either. I just seen all of these grey areas. And I agree with everyone that said the company and the union knew what they were pushing. For whatever political reasons, (and financial) we got the raw end of the deal. Nobody should give up on getting this straightend out, but it will be a tough task to get it changed now. How many more drivers will we lose before it gets corrected? It seems to be like fighting CITY HALL.

My post wasn't directed to you Jarhead, it was about dmtori's post. Sorry if you thought it was directed at you. If I ever agree with every post someone makes here, I think I'll retire. We all have different views on different things but for the most part we are all thinking the same way most of the time. Its just getting the few that think about themselves first every time that I have a problem with. Keep the great ideals and posts coming Jarhead.
I think it's time for you to retire.:hysterical:

1. First of all, I only left four words of your post. Thats all as the Moderator of the Holland Forum, I felt was not incorrect from my first hand knowledge of the company that I personally work for. You were stating, your opinion of, what you felt might happen if this and that did or didn't happen. I conduct myself as I want others to conduct themselves on TB. I do report to Jeff the owner of TB, and my fellow Holland members on TB but I don't feel I have to even respond to you, but I will. Rule 12

2. Yes, you did support the post, but after your first four words you then made your own ideals known as far as what you thought would happen with your what ifs and if you don't do this or that's. I'll never try to tell you about your job or what your company does or doesn't mean about what they say or don't say. I'll repeat myself again, we on the Holland forum are "tired" of hearing about what other people think they know about our company. If you have facts to back-up your statements then yes, we want to hear what you have to say and then show us your proof. I've heard from so many people, that don't work for Holland, about how Holland was going out of business every other week for over a year now. I've heard the same stories about Yellow and Roadway too. We have other Mods that primarily take care of those other forums, so they make the decisions about what posts are edited or deleted on those forums, not me. My primary responsibility is to the Holland and Reddaway forums, and as the Moderator here, I decided that your post violated several rules and needed to be edited by me. If you have a problem with my job as Mod, PM me or report me to Jeff, that's your right. But don't ever disrespect me or any other Mod, again in a public forum or as a Mod, I'll make sure you receive what ever you deserve from me as a Mod. Rules 11 and 12

3. In my opinion, as Mod, you were stating your opinion about things you knew nothing about and were attempting to start rumors with your statements. Rule 12

4. Thats where you messed up. Don't ever disrespect any TB staff members for doing their jobs, period. Rule 11

Maybe you meant well with your thoughts, but I judged them to be false and in turn edited your post, if you disagree with my decision I'm sorry you feel that way. It was nothing personal toward you or your opinions but we don't need to hear any more negative comments from people that don't even work for Holland and can only tell what they think they know about our company. I would have preferred to have this discussion in PM but since you chose to make it public, I returned the favor. You can always discuss or debate with me or anyone else as a member, but when you called me out for doing my job, as a Mod, you were very wrong. I hope this ends this issue and I suggest that in the future you keep your thoughts about any staff members to yourself or take them through the proper channels.
The proper word is censorship, not edit!

as members of this forum I THINK WE SHOULD READ WHAT HE HAS TO SAY :1036316054:
SORRY BENNY BUT I THINK WE SHOULD DECIDE FOR OURSELVES .. . MODERATOR OR NOT ...
MODERATORS HAVE BEEN WRONG BEFORE IN THEIR JUDGEMENTS ... ITS NOT LIKE UR GOD OR ANYTHING CLOSE DUDE

its clear to us that you are a city guy ... let the rest of us voice our opinion ...
or at least let us view anothers opinion ...
Very well stated, hope the mod does'nt censor your post!

If any of you would like to ask questions freely to me in PM, send me a PM. You guys are saying things that need to be addressed in PM only. The public forum isn't the place for this. You can say whatever you want and so can I in PM. I won't "reprimand " you for the posts on this thread but someone else could, so send me the PM and at least give me a chance to respond to your questions about this issue. I waiting to hear from each of you, here's your big chance to bash me in PM.

And I can't retire until I'm 62, because Jeff won't pay for my full TB retirement insurance until then and I can't afford to pay the premiums myself.

Check your PM's Caddy.

Its not the guys in Louisville's fault, most of the time, that you or anybody else has to wait. Thank YRC, they're the one's that keep cutting jobs in LO and every where else. If you have the business to work everybody and they still want to lay people off, what can we poor little employee's do about it?

Caddy, you know that I don't ban people, anybody thats been banned has had several chances to follow the rules and when they decide to continually break them, they get what they get. They ban themselves.

I can take it Caddy, your safe for now? (J/K with you.)

peace dude .... you do a good job ... :1036316054: I had a bad day :1036316054: peace dude I got a little carried away, maybe I need to be quiet :shutup2:

peace dude .... you do a good job ... :1036316054: I had a bad day :1036316054: peace dude I got a little carried away, maybe I need to be quiet :shutup2:

No problem here brother.

I've got bad news for you though. Our terminal set some records for high bill count per hour, for us at least, last week and now they rewarded the bottom guys by laying four more of them off. We think they're just adding and subtracting the numbers to make the terminal look good though, we didn't do anything different, better or worse. They got one more road guy too. So if you're going to be in Louisville, bring your lunch, you might need to bring yourself a drink too. Its not OUR fault for the wait, really.

No problem here brother.

I've got bad news for you though. Our terminal set some records for high bill count per hour, for us at least, last week and now they rewarded the bottom guys by laying four more of them off. We think they're just adding and subtracting the numbers to make the terminal look good though, we didn't do anything different, better or worse. They got one more road guy too. So if you're going to be in Louisville, bring your lunch, you might need to bring yourself a drink too. Its not OUR fault for the wait, really.
That sounds like our operation also. I wish that they would cut the "hog board" overtime a little bit and keep everyone working. We have guys at 60+ hours, while others are laid off. Before anyone attacks me for thinking that the top seniority should lose some overtime, I will say this.....A real union brother would not aid the company in starving out his fellow employees. I do feel that top seniority should have the MOST hours, but not the excessive hours that allows the company to lay off. I know also that the company sometimes hangs the city guys out and won't bring them back home, which raises their overtime. I understand that. But, here in our war zone, our "hog board" will "boink" anyone for a dollar. They stay out (behind large box stores) as long as they can get away with, and work the dock just to pad their O/T. I won't even bring up the un-enforced 25% rule. (excessive O/T requires call backs) :poster_oops:I guess I just did. I'm getting a little :Off-Topic: Back to your point Benny. Have lay-offs after having a good week? That should encourage everyone to bust their tail! Sorry for the rant, but up here, many of our laid off could be brought back if the 25% rule would get enforced and the "hog board" would cut back even a little bit.:hide:

That sounds like our operation also. I wish that they would cut the "hog board" overtime a little bit and keep everyone working. We have guys at 60+ hours, while others are laid off. Before anyone attacks me for thinking that the top seniority should lose some overtime, I will say this.....A real union brother would not aid the company in starving out his fellow employees. I do feel that top seniority should have the MOST hours, but not the excessive hours that allows the company to lay off. I know also that the company sometimes hangs the city guys out and won't bring them back home, which raises their overtime. I understand that. But, here in our war zone, our "hog board" will "boink" anyone for a dollar. They stay out (behind large box stores) as long as they can get away with, and work the dock just to pad their O/T. I won't even bring up the un-enforced 25% rule. (excessive O/T requires call backs) :poster_oops:I guess I just did. I'm getting a little :Off-Topic: Back to your point Benny. Have lay-offs after having a good week? That should encourage everyone to bust their tail! Sorry for the rant, but up here, many of our laid off could be brought back if the 25% rule would get enforced and the "hog board" would cut back even a little bit.:hide:
We are told the 25%rule only pertains to people on letter of layoff. So now they just leave th 10% home.They have no guarantee.