FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does as far as I can tell mean? Does that mean you don't know what the executives get? How do you know he doesn't have anything concrete? Don't give us the normal run around manager talk set us straight.

It means that I have never seen anything indicating what he claims is close to reality....

No, I don't know what all the executives get.......

I suppose I would be just as interested in that kind of info as anyone else...

Funny how you only demand "proof" or "links" from those that have opposing overall views from you...

Last edited:
No it is not a fact sorry it is an opinion, one that I happen to agree with I don't think you'll end up in a MEPF. But I also don't think you'll get a contract. Second I realize you never "stated" it was your only retirement, you guys are good at avoiding statements like that so you can say at a later date that you didn't say it. But you guys continue to compare it to other pensions as if it should be equal when you know full and well it's not supposed to be. What do you want a full pension plus a 401K? That's never going to happen, you might get a pension and a 401K without the company match but that won't necessarily make it any better than what you have now. I read your article, I can't see anywhere that they don't pay taxes on their pensions. The plan that is described is a tax advantage for the employer but I don't see where it say they're not going to have to pay taxes. From what I read this isn't just talking about excutives it does talk about excutives in the 401K section but I still see nothing about not paying taxes. So as I see it your cherry picking "fact" to make your case which is dishonest at best.

With a union contract you'll get a 401k with no match a (along with a pension) but when you factor in higher wages and the savings from healthcare, you can afford to put a lot more into your 401k. Especially how limited company match usually is.

How much does FedEx match in your 401k? 50% up to 6% or so? That is 3%. You can make that up with cutting the cost of your healthinsurance premiums.

I have a hard time understanding how you can make statements regarding the compensation of FXF executives. Have you seen a contact of theirs? How high up do you have to be to get one of these contracts? You are basically saying that they don't have to worry about healthcare or taxes for the rest of their lives? I just find your information pretty fantastic and would like some supporting information.

Chief Financial Officer Don Brown told us in a captive audience meeting he has lifetime insurance at no cost. That's proof enough for me.

With a union contract you'll get a 401k with no match a (along with a pension) but when you factor in higher wages and the savings from healthcare, you can afford to put a lot more into your 401k. Especially how limited company match usually is.

How much does FedEx match in your 401k? 50% up to 6% or so? That is 3%. You can make that up with cutting the cost of your healthinsurance premiums.
Good point De. The 6% number being tossed about is the max that will be matched at a rate of 50%. That 3% plus .5% (I think) that they contribute whether we contribute or not, equals a 3.5% max Company contribution.

Based on a previously mentioned example of 60k/year, that Company match is equal to less than $1/hr. Remember it takes OT to make that annual $.

Company Contribution (Based on annual earnings):
60k=$40.32/wk
100k=$67.31/wk

Now then, lets figure out the Company contribution to the Pension and we'll have total retirement contribution.

It means that I have never seen anything indicating what he claims is close to reality....

No, I don't know what all the executives get.......

I suppose I would be just as interested in that kind of info as anyone else...

Funny how you only demand "proof" or "links" from those that have opposing overall views from you...

No but you called his info pretty fantastic and you would like to see some supporting info, but you have no idea what the executives get??????? So how do you know he is not right? If your going to call bs where is your bs card? I ask for info from everyone with bold statements like some of you put up.

Good point De. The 6% number being tossed about is the max that will be matched at a rate of 50%. That 3% plus .5% (I think) that they contribute whether we contribute or not, equals a 3.5% max Company contribution.

Based on a previously mentioned example of 60k/year, that Company match is equal to less than $1/hr. Remember it takes OT to make that annual $.

Company Contribution (Based on annual earnings):
60k=$40.32/wk
100k=$67.31/wk

Now then, lets figure out the Company contribution to the Pension and we'll have total retirement contribution.

Thanks for the concrete numbers i was off a little.

No but you called his info pretty fantastic and you would like to see some supporting info, but you have no idea what the executives get??????? So how do you know he is not right? If your going to call bs where is your bs card? I ask for info from everyone with bold statements like some of you put up.

I cant ask info about what I feel are "bold" statements? You are the sole authority on what is considered a "bold" statement? You must have the whole deck of these BS cards that you reference, as you tend to want to use them with impunity.

You don't find a need to question that anyone in this organization is set up on a tax free lifetime pension, as he described, yet you want to criticize someone that would like a little more info on the subject?

I cant ask info about what I feel are "bold" statements? You are the sole authority on what is considered a "bold" statement? You must have the whole deck of these BS cards that you reference, as you tend to want to use them with impunity.

You don't find a need to question that anyone in this organization is set up on a tax free lifetime pension, as he described, yet you want to criticize someone that would like a little more info on the subject?

Yes you can ask all you want but you pretty much called bs on what he said but then again you said you don't know what the executives get. So you don't really know whether he is right or wrong but you assume he is wrong. We all know what happens when we assume. So yes I would like to know if he is right or wrong but I'm not going to assume either way.

Yes you can ask all you want but you pretty much called bs on what he said but then again you said you don't know what the executives get. So you don't really know whether he is right or wrong but you assume he is wrong. We all know what happens when we assume. So yes I would like to know if he is right or wrong but I'm not going to assume either way.

I call bs in it to, he posted some crap that proved nothing (taking a page right out of your playbook I might add) but states it as fact. As far as you saying "I'm not going to assume either way" that's bs as well, you assume everything the pro side says is true even when proven wrong.

Another Failure by the unionbusters and the LOSERS who hired them.
Fedex settled with those they retaliated against amongst various other vile things they done. Fedex lost. Drivers won.
The Church Confirms at Easter.
There ain't a group on Earth who needs it more than the crew mistreating and abusing these guys rights.
I wouldn't want Easter to go by without cleaning up if I walked in those shoes.
Just trying to help.

News:

From the Facebook page: Bring The Teamster to Fedex Freight

https://www.facebook.com/FXFEteamsters/

"Breaking NEWS!!! From The FedEx Freight STOCKTON, CA CENTER
As you all know, a petition seeking the formation of a Union with the Teamsters was filed by the FedEx Freight Drivers of Stockton, Ca last January.

After filing the petition and until the election on March 12 and 13, 2015, FedEx engaged in an intensive anti-union campaign that included ride-alongs, weekly pre-shift meetings, one on ones, and regular mailings of anti-Union literature. Their campaign also included remedying issues for members and giving them benefits they had previously withheld from members, what was deemed to be an attempt to “buy drivers votes”. Finally, FedEx also retaliated against outspoken Union supporters.

After the election, in which 74% the DRIVERS voted YES, Teamsters Local 439’s Business Rep. Rob Nicewonger kept their word to the Stockton drivers and promptly began the work of protecting the Driver members. On behalf of Local 439, Costa Kerestenzis and his legal team vigorously went to work and filed charges for the above conduct, including charges for unlawful interrogations, coercion, unlawful surveillance, unlawful polling, improper conferring of benefits and for retaliation against 2 Driver members.

The National Labor boards Federal Region 32 investigated the charges and found enough merit and evidence of wrong doing that it indicted Fedex for its illegal violations of the National Labor Act and brought them to Federal Court.

The hearings started on, January 25, 2016 in which 14 of our Driver members showed up to testify against FedEx’s illegal conduct. Our fellow Drivers testimony was both brave and powerful and we believe presented a case of misconduct that was very clear to the Judge.

We are told FedEx’s high priced legal team which was a combination of Corporate and hired attorneys, paralegals and secretaries, continued to put on quite a show in Federal Court amidst the strong testimony against FedEx by grandstanding for the Judge and asserting it would show the courts they did nothing wrong, yet in the end it seems it was nothing but a show.

After hearing a week of testimony upon testimony of alleged misconduct, we are told FedEx elected to essentially rest its case as it did not call ANY witnesses to the stand, or summit evidence in its defense. FedEx’s legal dream team pretty much raised a white flag because they instead asked for the Judge to oversee a settlement in the case before him.
Now in order for the Judge to approve such a request, the offer had to include remedies for all the allegations. Accordingly, with some prodding from the Judge, FedEx agreed to all of the posting language relevant to all of the charges, agreed to a full monetary settlement for one Driver who lost hours because of retaliation (in the Thousands of dollars) and remove unjust disciplinary actions taken against another Driver member.
In sum, FedEx agreed to remedies in all of the charges and allegations.

A big victory!! As FedEx was taken to task for their illegal anti-Union campaign!

So rest assured the Teamsters are and will continue to represent and protect its Members that have elected representation. So when the company tells you the Teamsters have done nothing for the Union centers know your being lied to, because FedEx does not want you to know how much power the Drivers at Union centers have now fighting on their side.

We would like to Congratulate The men and woman out of FedEx Freight Stockton, Ca The Teamsters Local 439 and it’s administration long with a tip of the hat to, Business agent Rob Nicewonger, and Lawyer Costa Kerestinzis and his legal staff."

Status
Not open for further replies.