XPO | There is just so much B.S. at this company

You know if you want to be a truck driver for a living,you need to work someplace.

I've always told my UPS Freight TM you don't have to be crazy to be a truckdriver,but it sure helps.

Now it helps me that I'm an Apostolic Pentcostal Born Again Christian,because I have a whole different way at looking at life then most.

I thank God for every day he allows me to live.
Then I ask him to help me out with everything,because I'm nothing without his help.
I view every day as just one more adventure.
Challenges to face.
People to deal with,that I can find ways to help them out,and cheer them up if their in the dumps.

Now this statement may really blow your mind?

But if work was fun,it wouldn't be work.
So you look for ways to make fun out of your work,then you won't view it as work,but just having fun.

Hey 44 years driving a city route,and this works very well for me!

You know if you want to be a truck driver for a living,you need to work someplace.

I've always told my UPS Freight TM you don't have to be crazy to be a truckdriver,but it sure helps.

Now it helps me that I'm an Apostolic Pentcostal Born Again Christian,because I have a whole different way at looking at life then most.

Then I ask him to help me out with everything,because I'm nothing without his help.
Challenges to face.
People to deal with,that I can find ways to help them out,and cheer them up if their in the dumps.

So you look for ways to make fun out of your work,then you won't view it as work,but just having fun.

Nice post, Sir. But, if there were any 40 year conway employees here, they would be as happy as you. It is rough starting out at Conway.

Well I've learned over the years its just best to do your best job,no matter what your asigned to do.
Don't worry about how the corporate runs their operation,get your paycheck,and enjoy your time off.

The 44 years I have working in the trucking business has been with 13 Teamster union LTL's over a 20.2 year period,the rest non-union.
Currently in my 21st year at UPS Freight formaly Overnite.

Life in general is really all about your perspective.
If you can view everything in a positive way,you can over look the negative.
but if you are negative its very hard to see anything in a positive way.

All but 2 of the 14 LTL trucking companies I've worked for are out of business.
All of their employees did the best they could for them,but they are history.
Everyone of them stated the same reason for clossing their doors.
Poor management.
So there you go trucking companies will operate the way they want to,the only thing the workers can do,is their best,and don't worry about the rest.

Now this is the best advice I can offer you from a very old gear jammer,thats been around our business for awhile!

Beerfd make a very valid point.

I spent a short time at Con-Way in Dallas. I went in with a good attitide and was planning on spending a long time there. Then they went to working the new guys 20 hours a week. Can not support your family on that. Had to move on. Of course I now have different problems at UPGF, but at least I can feed the family and put a roof over their heads:1036316054: .

Well I've learned over the years its just best to do your best job,no matter what your asigned to do.
Don't worry about how the corporate runs their operation,get your paycheck,and enjoy your time off.

Poor management.
So there you go trucking companies will operate the way they want to,the only thing the workers can do,is their best,and don't worry about the rest.
Not to start a religious debate but......
Sounds somewhat like the religous idea that God is in control and everything will work out according to His will.
Sorry, I for one don't believe that for 1 second. To many of the Psalms and Proverbs say differently.
Example: All that's needed for evil to triumpt is for the righteous to remain silence.

Not to start a religious debate but......
Sounds somewhat like the religous idea that God is in control and everything will work out according to His will.
Sorry, I for one don't believe that for 1 second. To many of the Psalms and Proverbs say differently.
Example: All that's needed for evil to triumpt is for the righteous to remain silence.
That is a very powerfull point you have made reject.I have thought about using this quote on several occasions reading thru the threads but, i have refrained.
Apostolic, i understand what you're saying i just don't think it fits under these circumstances.

Challenges to face.

i agree with you hole heartly if you have faith it will happen maybe not as fast as you would like but it will happen.

It may sound like religion,just because someone can ,live,and let live,doesn't make them a bible thumping wacko.

Its just that they've learned how to get by by not letting things bother them.

Like a duck that lets the water fall off their feathers when they leave the pond.

Doing your part to help the company thats writing your paychecks is a smart move.

Getting along with people you encounter,and not letting them get the best of you so you lose your temper,takes a lot of skill.

I see this Apostolic as someone who knows how to live his life to the best way,without taking any baloney.

It sounds like you guys are all a bunch of great guys to work with! To bad none of you sound like you work at my barn! It is very hard to start out here! this is my first truck driving job. And the worst job I every had .Im sorry the worst place I'v worked for! the job is easy! But the bashing does no good. If its not for you the only thing you can do is move on. I wish I did make the difference like they told me I did when they put me on that flight and into that nice hotel room, but I dont! I dont need to give 110% for 20 more years to figure that out. All I need to do is look at how much b.s. senior guy get.

You should never hold a grudge long enough to become accustommed to its weight. Feelings of anger are hurting you much more than they're hurting their objective. Understand that you can not control how other people choose to live their lives. Blaming other people for how they make you feel just isn't healthy. Rise above the clutter. Press on

The 44 years I have working in the trucking business has been with 13 Teamster union LTL's over a 20.2 year period,the rest non-union.
Currently in my 21st year at UPS Freight formaly Overnite.

Life in general is really all about your perspective.
If you can view everything in a positive way,you can over look the negative.
but if you are negative its very hard to see anything in a positive way.

All but 2 of the 14 LTL trucking companies I've worked for are out of business.
All of their employees did the best they could for them,but they are history.
Poor management.

Now this is the best advice I can offer you from a very old gear jammer,thats been around our business for awhile!

Here's something positive:

The teamsters upstate NY pension fund is one of the best, if not the best in the country. Guys are retiring with 30 yrs. service with about $5,500 -$6,000 per month for life. Do the math.

If I were in Upstate NY I'd be looking for a Union carrier to work for.

There is B.S. and rederick at every company out there. The trick is to find the rederick you can put up with for the most money. Union rederick might pay better than ODFL rederick, Conway rederick might pay better than R&L rederick, but it's all the same job. Just different B.S.. Trucking is a solo way of life. Like wrestling, you are part of a team but it is only you that carries your weight. Do your job, collect your pay, and build a life away from work with the money you earn allows. The only pressure on you is the pressure you put on youself. If that pressure is productivity at work or material objects in your personal life the pressure is yours and yours alone. Don't carry anyone elses weight or assume their pressure. Rise above the clutter. Does that help? Press on

I agree with George,just do your best job.
Don't worry about what everyone else is doing,or how the company is running their operation.
The only one that you have any controll over is yourself.

This is just what I do,I don't ask qestions,unless I need to.
Even though I've only got one over me in senority working the city.
I take what they give me to do,and give it my best.
I always have a smile on my face,and try to encourage my co-workers to have the same attitude I have.
Some think its neat that I can do my best,and others think I'm a total raving lunatic.
Either way I feel very good about my way of life,and I don't have to answer to anyone that wants to go around with a negative attitude.

I can't change anything UPS Freight is doing,so I don't worry about it.
This is working well for me,try it yourselves you may like it as well.

I'm not saying we should be lemmings headed for a cliff. We all should be aware of what is going on in our surroundings. Yes the power of one should never be underestimated.We as a person or as a group can influence some of our envirornment but in the long run, "they is them and them is going to do what them wants." Comparing our (Conway) benifits, payscale, equiptment, etc. to the industry I don't have a problem. Once again I resort to the rhedoric, ours seems to be a tad more but nothing that can't be handled. Press on