R&L | Thinking out loud.................

Credits
O/O's,Landstar,ACT,Bullet,SoCal etc.............. Just imagine the loads they move. Maybe i should start drinking the kool-aid guess i don't see the big picture. How are they saving jobs?????? Thats what i thought they said in the propaganda video.... For the majority of you guys just keep beliving they "CARE" maybe it's the only thing that gets you up and moving in the morning!!!!!!! I can go back and find where some guys post and brag about how R&L never has L/O........ What can you say now???? I get tired of hearing how they will take care of their drivers while they lay drivers off and use outside carriers. Yes the economy is in the crapper but if they really "CARE" why start up a new company to haul our freight???? I know the answer but is this what R&L is coming down to,a low rent cut rate outfit?????? Tear me to pieces but thats the big picture i'm looking at!!!!!!! You city guys have great ideas on getting more freight....... Just as long as WIL doesn't screw anything up with the customers!!!!! I know my TM and a couple of the sales guys are doing their jobs.... It's WIL i have zero faith in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm done venting...

Apparently you do not have contact with all the other LTL companies.Just the drivers from my area-Pitt Ohio does about 30-35 hours a week since May of this year-Con-way has made a bed in his day cab because he is so slow-Fed EX freight in his usual parking spot behind K-mart- ABF has so many years in just waiting to retire- Yellow haven't seen him in months- Estes keeping as busy as us- Ward filed for bankruptcy don't see him much anymore- New Century laid off about 70 drivers all hourly guys mandatory 4 day work week at max. Old dominion has 40 guys on call most working 3 days a week. NEMF hiring drivers go check them out !!!!!

Have you ever considered being happy for the job you have???You have always been negative towards R&L...You are still working, earning a paycheck...Have you ever thought about being grateful???You are welcome to leave R&L whenever you choose...Over the years on these board, I see you don't want to leave, you just want to complain...Oh I know, I have heard it before I'm an Azz kisser...Whatever!!!!

Our tm said they used southern cal only because it is a one way move. We all asked in the drivers room about cost of both he didnt have alot of details but he said if rl didnt use them our rates would be so much higher and we would get very little freight. He also said our jobs was secure and not worry I believe him. I think they are just trying to compete, I saw a ups set of pups with a owner op. yesterday that looked different. the best thing is rl is buying company trucks in cali. every week this tells me that my job is safe for now. I still would rather work for rl than pro express they did nothing and didnt survive. ltl is a tough place these days.

The general consensus is that using these carriers is about 45 cents a mile cheaper...The teams can move cross country faster (rule of thumb) and on weekends, and honestly, what that does is allow your company to shrink their service standards from say, Pennsylvania to California, to 3 days...customers respond to those kind of transit times, believe me..

The general consensus is that using these carriers is about 45 cents a mile cheaper...The teams can move cross country faster (rule of thumb) and on weekends, and honestly, what that does is allow your company to shrink their service standards from say, Pennsylvania to California, to 3 days...customers respond to those kind of transit times, believe me..
Yes your correct they are looking for a cheaper way of moving the freight... We have our own teams that run 24/7..... Most of the Lease o/o are only running M-F...... Besides they haven't been pushing for the longhaul freight.......

Have you ever considered being happy for the job you have???You have always been negative towards R&L...You are still working, earning a paycheck...Have you ever thought about being grateful???You are welcome to leave R&L whenever you choose...Over the years on these board, I see you don't want to leave, you just want to complain...Oh I know, I have heard it before I'm an Azz kisser...Whatever!!!!
Great post:1036316054:!!!!!!!!! Really staying with the topic..... In know way did you even attempt to argue or agree with any of the comments i made........ You'll never convince me that your a driver:hysterical: Those comments sound like management talk to me:biglaugh: Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post:1036316054:!!!!!!!!! Really staying with the topic..... In know way did you even attempt to argue or agree with any of the comments i made........ You'll never convince me that your a driver:hysterical: Those comments sound like management talk to me:biglaugh: Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! I agree, it was an excellent post!!! Again, it is their compamy and they can move the freight anyway they choose..I don't really care if you think I'm management....I really don't care at all what you think at all, about anything, because it is all NEGATIVE!!! You have a wonderful weekend as well!!!!:biglaugh:

easy for you to say

lets see,explain how r&l has to use o/o or outside carriers because they have to have a lower freight rate., or they are quicker. there are no teams out there that can consistantly, day after day cover ground like r&l teams. i know, i am a team driver.1,200 hundred miles,or more a day, day after day. as far as beibg cheaper, im sure if management had asked for a tepmporary pay cut until things picked up, or more flexibility in scheduling the majority of the teams would have agreed. its all fine and good for you l/h or city drivers to talk about the great money saving moves r&l are making, but you arent the ones being starved out by the company.try 2 days last week, 0 this week, while watching our jobs go out the gate on socal,landstar, and lets not forget paramount.:duh

I can relate to you Just Wondering, our team has been shut down. We are expected to take whatever they throw our way and feel lucky to get it. But your right I'm sure if the managers were asked to take a pay cut and just survive on 1/4 of their salary they would have a heart attack. All I can say is good luck to you and your family because we are being told that as the teams go down they will not be replaced with company teams, watch for a Paramount team to replace all soon!!!!!!

I can relate to you Just Wondering, our team has been shut down. We are expected to take whatever they throw our way and feel lucky to get it. But your right I'm sure if the managers were asked to take a pay cut and just survive on 1/4 of their salary they would have a heart attack. All I can say is good luck to you and your family because we are being told that as the teams go down they will not be replaced with company teams, watch for a Paramount team to replace all soon!!!!!!

The one thing that I can say is that I hope it doesn't take that road.We all need jobs we wouldn't be doing this if we didn't like it.I don't agree with some of the things that going on,but I have seen them grow so much in the past 2 years I don't know what to think you know.But best of luck to all of us.

Thanks!!! I agree, it was an excellent post!!! Again, it is their compamy and they can move the freight anyway they choose..I don't really care if you think I'm management....I really don't care at all what you think at all, about anything, because it is all NEGATIVE!!! You have a wonderful weekend as well!!!!:biglaugh:
I think most of rubber duck's posts are "fact" and not negative. You might see that if you weren't :butt kiss: all the time :hysterical:

I think most of rubber duck's posts are "fact" and not negative. You might see that if you weren't :butt kiss: all the time :hysterical:
I'll take that as a compliment thank you!!!!!! Yes my posts may seem negative but if some guys would take their green tinted glasses off they would see the facts... I'm the happiest person on the planet!!!!!! It's deer season :1036316054:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm also a little glad it's slow this year it means more time off so i can get in the woods....... Last few years we never slowed down through winter........

Well, good luck to you in the woods duck. I myself don't hunt anymore but there are plenty of places to do so here in northeast Pa. We've slowed down here a little in Scranton too but we play such a huge part in the linehaul operation here in the northeast that we haven't seen a big slow down yet.

Well driver thats great!!! You can think what you want!!! Its still a free country, at least till Obama gets in...You do a good job :butt kiss: Rubber Duck... You seem to be two of a kind...:hysterical:

I'm a P&D driver and at this point I'm one of the lucky ones that have not been let go, but who knows, it could happen any day. If that is the case I'll just have to figure something out when and if that time comes. I hate to hear that the company OTR drivers are being replaced by O/O's. Is some of this due to the age and miles on many of the sleeper trucks and the cost of replacing them. I know there was a time they would rebuild these trucks and keep them running, but I've seen quite a few of these high mile trucks and the frames look they are about done. What do the rest of you think? Best of luck to all.

Great post !
I wish Rubber Duck would quit !
What a waste, very negitive attitude.
I bet his co-workers hate being around.
An ALL MOUTH DRIVER !!!!!!!!!!!:hysterical:

Great post !
I wish Rubber Duck would quit !
What a waste, very negitive attitude.
I bet his co-workers hate being around.
An ALL MOUTH DRIVER !!!!!!!!!!!:hysterical:

I bet you are right about his co-workers...He seems to have all the answers, I have suggested to him in the past that he should start his own LTL outfit, since he knows it all..:biglaugh: The Roberts can't do anything right, so I just know that his company would be a huge success and put R&L out of business..:hysterical: What a CONSTANT COMPLAINER!!!