R&L | Thinking out loud.................

I really do not understand why everone is down on rubber duck. To me his concern is all of the contract carriers comming in and hauling R&L freight. While teams and some linehaul sit at home, or worse get laid off. A few teams have agreed with him on this thread to back his thread. It seems to me that the people this does not hurt like P&D or some linehaul thinks he is whinning. Just because it does not effect you right now, it sounds like it is in fact effecting teams right now.

What would the local P&D people think if they gave away a few routes every day to a cheaper carrier to deliver and left you at home!!

By the way before some body tells me to go back to my board because I do not work for R&L, I am outside just trying to be objective.

I really do not understand why everone is down on rubber duck. To me his concern is all of the contract carriers comming in and hauling R&L freight. While teams and some linehaul sit at home, or worse get laid off. A few teams have agreed with him on this thread to back his thread. It seems to me that the people this does not hurt like P&D or some linehaul thinks he is whinning. Just because it does not effect you right now, it sounds like it is in fact effecting teams right now.

What would the local P&D people think if they gave away a few routes every day to a cheaper carrier to deliver and left you at home!!

By the way before some body tells me to go back to my board because I do not work for R&L, I am outside just trying to be objective.
Good post!!!!!!!!:1036316054:

I see CCX & Pyle using out side carriers to do line hauls....

I heard a comercial for Conway truckload just yesterday telling drivers to come work for them because they have line haul from CCX to give them so they are never slow.Kind of sounds like they are taking work away from their line haul drivers just like R&L is doing.

I heard a comercial for Conway truckload just yesterday telling drivers to come work for them because they have line haul from CCX to give them so they are never slow.Kind of sounds like they are taking work away from their line haul drivers just like R&L is doing.

Yeah I heard that commercial also.

losing it

as i have said on other threads. it almost seems like 2 companies at rhe moment.many p&d and linehaul drivers,especially at terminals without teams or drivers that border wil have no idea whats happening to teams and some line haul drivers. no whining involved, just the fact that in using the cheaper ourside carriers to save money, they are cutting our{teams} throats.i would run for less,work fewer hours,etc., but i wasnt asked. this is as we are cutting back trucks again, not making repairs trying to save on parts costs, {and the equiptment running down shows it}cutting drivers hours, the company still has the 17, 2 show truck haulers, pulling tractors, numerous real estate deals not going so good,etc.etc. what ever happened to running a first class company?dont get me wrong, r&l is still above the rest, but that sense of being a 1st class organization is slipping away, and i hope it comes back before it is too late to recover.

Im not a rl driver but everything you guy's are talking about is happing everywere. All the big companies are cutting back anywere they can. They cant charge more to ship the freight because another company will come in a undercut them. At my company they actually laid off dock sups instead of drivers and dock workers. That was a first time for that one.

Yes your correct they are looking for a cheaper way of moving the freight... We have our own teams that run 24/7..... Most of the Lease o/o are only running M-F...... Besides they haven't been pushing for the longhaul freight.......

Actually, the teams have staggered start times--some fire up Sunday evening, then more Monday morning, Mon. afternoon, Mon night, Tuesday morning, and Tues afternoon. This allows them to run different schedules, with the Tuesday teams being the ones you see on the road on the weekend (they don't have to shut down until Sunday). I learned this from working in Central Dispatch with T.W., M.B., R.V. and others.

Slim maybe you can give alittle more info on whats happening, because the term I'm at is not staggering teams they are shutting them down, and replacing with Paramount. When we ask TW he says he don't know whats going on and never knows where a Paramount team is until he is given paper work that says work them!

Before I quit R&L, there were so many mixups with Paramount and R&L teams it wasn't funny. We were told not to have loads for Paramount when they got to their destination, and we were told to HAVE loads waiting for them. This happened multiple times over a 12 hour period in one day. It got to where we were yelled at either way we handled the situation. The last thing I was told about job security and R&L teams was that if the team did it's job, then there was nothing to worry about. Apparently, that is no longer true. I quit Central Dispatch because the salary was not equal to my bills, not because I didn't like the people I was working with. I hope it gets better for you all. I am now at FedEx National, back behind the wheel.

By the way, if anyone on here talks to M.B. in Central, tell him I haven't forgotten that he owes me $20. :)