ODFL | Third Factor in Yield Management: time

The only time I explain is from the time my trailer is closed until I get out the gate. I also keep track of how long it takes to finish loading the freight after its closed in the computer.
That's a good idea. But just because is closed in the computer doesn't mean it's is closed. The dock is tricky like that.

Just the opposite. You want it to affect the dock production numbers. That's how they know where the problem is. Bills per hour is the most affective way to get the docks attention. When they drop, hire ups want to know why. If you clock into P&D and sit and wait, your affecting your time since your clocked in. Let the dock explain why their numbers are down instead of you having to explain why you say in dispatch for 40 minutes.

While that sounds great and all, management at some locations would have a fit if you went along and did something to make their valued dock sups look bad.

Werner is better than Conway. Why did you guys even work for them to begin with? Were you desperate for a local job? Word has always been that Conway Sucks.

We all make mistakes sometimes. I was trying to break into the LTL segment during the recession, I had to take whoever was hiring. Also I came from Con-way truckload so I was able to go to CW Freight and keep my insurance and company seniority.