ODFL | Third Factor in Yield Management: time

What are the top pay rates right now for linehaul and city drivers? Let's do some math boys
My millage pay is .61 per mile. My hourly pay is $25.35 and my vacation pay is $35.80. Vacation pay would be higher, but I choose to work a 5 day work week and give days to extra board drivers when things slow down.
My run is 561 or 583 depending on hazmat. I can turn that in around 10 hours I average. 40 minutes to hook a set and do pre trip and complete hook card on blue. Another 20 to do post trip and fuel. So all in all about 11 to 11 1/2 hours or so hours a day.

Last edited:
And somehow you're always there to respond, as well as post on other company's threads
I posted on your fedex forum over a month ago. Seriously, quit trolling our boards if you don't even work here. You just run your mouth with your buddy here but can't provide an ounce of proof you belong to OD. You're FOS

You two have fun hugging, I got to run a line trip after getting a call from the tm himself. Says line guys are always sick on the weekends.

Guess you could have said no and sat at home bitching about how bad this place is getting... Only two choices, either you're part of the solution, or part of the problem.

No need to punch senior drivers that been here longer than you just because they notice a change. You'll be crying Conway someday also.

My ATM has mentioned the same thing about clocking in on dock when you have to rework a load. I agree that some days 20 mins is doable, but other days everything seems to get in your way.
Rework a load, no thanks. Our IB guys don't want us on the dock, say it's a safety hazard. The fact that I want to look at my route and suggest a way to load that will be beneficial to me and OD is an inconvenience to our beloved IB crew. I just run it the way they load it...even if it takes longer.

Reactions: Ump
Rework a load, no thanks. Our IB guys don't want us on the dock, say it's a safety hazard. The fact that I want to look at my route and suggest a way to load that will be beneficial to me and OD is an inconvenience to our beloved IB crew. I just run it the way they load it...even if it takes longer.
I would still clock dock. If they are the reason I'm waiting, they should be the ones who pay me.

I would still clock dock. If they are the reason I'm waiting, they should be the ones who pay me.
If I clock in as dock it will hurt the bills per hour and weight per hour. I will do my pre trip and hook my trailer, then sit and wait. If I hide under dock time it doesn't let the TM or RVP know that I'm sitting and waiting for a load, then it might not get fixed. Problems don't go away because you hide them.

If I clock in as dock it will hurt the bills per hour and weight per hour. I will do my pre trip and hook my trailer, then sit and wait. If I hide under dock time it doesn't let the TM or RVP know that I'm sitting and waiting for a load, then it might not get fixed. Problems don't go away because you hide them.
Just the opposite. You want it to affect the dock production numbers. That's how they know where the problem is. Bills per hour is the most affective way to get the docks attention. When they drop, hire ups want to know why. If you clock into P&D and sit and wait, your affecting your time since your clocked in. Let the dock explain why their numbers are down instead of you having to explain why you say in dispatch for 40 minutes.

Just the opposite. You want it to affect the dock production numbers. That's how they know where the problem is. Bills per hour is the most affective way to get the docks attention. When they drop, hire ups want to know why. If you clock into P&D and sit and wait, your affecting your time since your clocked in. Let the dock explain why their numbers are down instead of you having to explain why you say in dispatch for 40 minutes.
The only time I explain is from the time my trailer is closed until I get out the gate. I also keep track of how long it takes to finish loading the freight after its closed in the computer.

Reactions: Ump