FedEx Freight | This can't be good!

Invester I talked to thinks it's crazy, because it will hurt stock and make company susceptible to hostile takeover...

It'll hurt the stock because those weekly investments won't happen anymore. I don't know enough about hostile takeovers to comment on that. From an employee standpoint, there's no reason for me to do it. They did it initially to benefit themselves, it's all upside for FedEx. There's no upside for the employee, just more stipulations to access your money.

Swamp? Thoughts?
I gotta go with Streaker on this one. Ending a program with Low participation rates can in no way lead to takeover, hostile or otherwise. The effect on market price is to be so small that when rounded to the nearest whole number would be zero.

The program offered zero benefits beyond no brokerage fee. Last trade I made cost me $6. And payroll deduction equivalent can be accomplished via credit union or many online banking methods.

Low participation because it's pointless. Offer a match or a discount and you'll see more participation. Why participate if I can just buy FedEx stock with my brokerage account with less stipulations.
Also when you leave FedEx you Don't have to sell your stock unlike that crappy program

Had the option not been closed for a long time in our Vanguard options you would have seen better participation. Too many did't know about the program or how to participate. I would have diverted a percentage into buying it with my normal contributions.

At any rate, I'm SLIGHTLY starting to think that Freight MAaay be up for sale.

All tech progress has come to a halt. Zero visits from upper mgmt to terminals, zero communication about the direction/future of FxF, no worries by the company that mechanics are leaving in droves, no hint of any issues being addressed, ect.

I never thought Fx would sell Freight, but I'm starting to see signs.

All tech progress has come to a halt. Zero visits from upper mgmt to terminals, zero communication about the direction/future of FxF, no worries by the company that mechanics are leaving in droves, no hint of any issues being addressed, ect.

If anyone would know, I’m sure it would be you.

UPS and FX usually copycat each others strategy eventually if it proves to overall strengthen and improve the company/stock. I am sure they have been monitoring the UPS sale of UPSF and are debating doing the same to concentrate on their core business as UPS seems better off with the "You don't have to own it to provide the service" approach.

UPS and FX usually copycat each others strategy eventually if it proves to overall strengthen and improve the company/stock. I am sure they have been monitoring the UPS sale of UPSF and are debating doing the same to concentrate on their core business as UPS seems better off with the "You don't have to own it to provide the service" approach.

The difference is that UPS is profitable and UPSF wasn't. FXF is profitable and ground express have horrible profit margins.

The difference is that UPS is profitable and UPSF wasn't. FXF is profitable and ground express have horrible profit margins.
Many ways to look at why they would sell freight which will never be the prettiest girl at the dance no matter how well it dresses up or makes money. If they aren't investing in it then they probably would entertain divesting. Fred ain't getting any younger and may look to sell off freight first than package division before riding off into retirement. JMHO of course....

Many ways to look at why they would sell freight which will never be the prettiest girl at the dance no matter how well it dresses up or makes money. If they aren't investing in it then they probably would entertain divesting. Fred ain't getting any younger and may look to sell off freight first than package division before riding off into retirement. JMHO of course....
Not QUITE the situation.

Frederick W. Smith.

Worth 3.7 billion dollars...

He is the founder and chairman of FedEx Corporation, the world's largest transportation company. On June 1, 2022, Smith stepped down as CEO to become executive chairman, and was replaced by Raj Subramaniam.