TForce | This company is a joke

Maybe he is pounding at the wrong door?

Why is he waiting for someone else to open the door?

How long does it take before common sense kicks in?

Do you always just give up and quit when things get rough? Ive seen how good this company can do. Two years ago I was working all kinds of hours and was happy. Then they moved some management around and hired one guy in particular that is the Barack Obama of UPS Freight to run dispatch.

Im not sure Im ready to give up on the company yet. You must be one of those job hoppers, huh?

I understand what you are saying. As you are probably aware there is a lot of difference between parcel and freight. I think UPS is starting to become aware of it to.

Christmas time 2011 they sent a bunch of us that weren't working over to UPS parcel and we drove their feeder trucks. That place runs like clockwork. It is very well managed and organized, and they don't put up with anything.

Christmas time 2011 they sent a bunch of us that weren't working over to UPS parcel and we drove their feeder trucks. That place runs like clockwork. It is very well managed and organized, and they don't put up with anything.

All I go by is my own run. It seems to run pretty much without a problem. Only glitch would be a break down or weather...

All I go by is my own run. It seems to run pretty much without a problem. Only glitch would be a break down or weather...

Again, I really think the problem is more with the Indy terminal than with the company as a whole. When I ran the road, I saw that pretty much every other terminal I went to seemed to be more well managed and organized. Not saying they were perfect or anything.

I remember one time I was standing in dispatch on a day I was working the dock, along with about 10 other drivers, and one of the dispatchers was on the phone with a big customer of ours that we do 1-2 switches a day for. He told them "I'm sorry, but we can't do any switches today. We don't have enough drivers."

They only use a certain amount of drivers every day to make their production numbers look better and it results in disaster. It hasn't always been like this. Around the time they started this system is the same time they laid off a bunch of guys and a bunch of other guys haven't been working much.

Again, I really think the problem is more with the Indy terminal than with the company as a whole. When I ran the road, I saw that pretty much every other terminal I went to seemed to be more well managed and organized. Not saying they were perfect or anything.

I remember one time I was standing in dispatch on a day I was working the dock, along with about 10 other drivers, and one of the dispatchers was on the phone with a big customer of ours that we do 1-2 switches a day for. He told them "I'm sorry, but we can't do any switches today. We don't have enough drivers."

They only use a certain amount of drivers every day to make their production numbers look better and it results in disaster. It hasn't always been like this. Around the time they started this system is the same time they laid off a bunch of guys and a bunch of other guys haven't been working much.

That does sound pretty amazing. Maybe the right people haven't discovered it yet. Sounds to me like heads should start rolling.

Maybe he is pounding at the wrong door?

Why is he waiting for someone else to open the door?

How long does it take before common sense kicks in?

Are you in his shoes? Pretty easy to judge others when your not facing the same problems.

It's strikes me as odd that the Indy terminal negotiated our contract yet it's having this many problems.
I believe it's boiling down to local management and the resistance to change what might still be 'Overnite Mentality'

Yikes it took me awhile to scan all of the posts on this thread topic.
I see a lot of opinions about weak contract issues.

However I believe this topic started out about the horrible operating conditions at the Indy Terminal.

Well the thing is on that topic, is that the company is no longer being operated by Overnite's good old boys club.
Where many of their old operating ideas where really out dated.

Currently UPS is the parent company.
They didn't get to be the major global transportation company that they have grown into, by being lax,in any area of their operations.
If the issue is in fact that drivers are not working and freight is sitting idle,seems to me UPS would be all over this difficulty,to get it straightened out.

When I was still working I knew drivers on the parcel side who had supervisors doing ride-a-longs,to see if they could improve their delivery times.
They would count the steps their drivers took from the package van to the door,sounded crazy to me.
However if that was the case with parcel,just seems they would be all over freight to hone that division into the best LTL that it could be.

Not for nothing,contract or not, if I was still working and my terminal had such a poor operation.
I may be whining on this message board,but I would also be getting in touch with UPS the parent and whining about their freight division.
I would strongly suggest they get some UPS systems folks over, to get my terminal to grow the business, instead of watching it fail.

I know a lot of you think this may be none of my business because I am retired.
However I am receiving pension payments,& still feel I have some stake in UPS in that respect.

However I believe this topic started out about the horrible operating conditions at the Indy Terminal.

Well the thing is on that topic, is that the company is no longer being operated by Overnite's good old boys club.

They didn't get to be the major global transportation company that they have grown into, by being lax,in any area of their operations.
If the issue is in fact that drivers are not working and freight is sitting idle,seems to me UPS would be all over this difficulty,to get it straightened out.

When I was still working I knew drivers on the parcel side who had supervisors doing ride-a-longs,to see if they could improve their delivery times.
They would count the steps their drivers took from the package van to the door,sounded crazy to me.
However if that was the case with parcel,just seems they would be all over freight to hone that division into the best LTL that it could be.

Not for nothing,contract or not, if I was still working and my terminal had such a poor operation.
I may be whining on this message board,but I would also be getting in touch with UPS the parent and whining about their freight division.
I would strongly suggest they get some UPS systems folks over, to get my terminal to grow the business, instead of watching it fail.

However I am receiving pension payments,& still feel I have some stake in UPS in that respect.

You will always have a say in this company AP. You retired from here. You are exactly right my brother...

Bull Honky! You earned your right to speak up and express you opinion.

Come on anyone can be a whiner,with a negative outlook.

Looking for a solution should be the order of business.
I was not just shooting off my mouth so to speak,on this issue.

I hate to see any UPS Freight terminal in decline.
I really did mean what I posted,someone needs to get the UPS higher-ups informed on Indy's operating difficulties.
If it takes cleaning house in management,because of the poor operating conditions,well so be it.

If things are as bad as this thread topic states,then stop crying and become a part of the solution.

You have freight that is not moving because drivers are not working,what are you waiting for?
Make it known to the powers that can,and I am sure will be happy to straighten out their operation,to grow the business.

Like I have also posted I am certain UPS does not want the Indy terminal to fail.
Especially with all the money they have already invested in freight.

If I thought I had any leverage to do something to fix this, I wouldn't be wasting my efforts whining on a message board.
I'd be on the phone going as high as I could go in UPS, to find some one,that would send someone to INDY for a house cleaning.

Come on anyone can be a whiner,with a negative outlook.

Looking for a solution should be the order of business.
I was not just shooting off my mouth so to speak,on this issue.

I hate to see any UPS Freight terminal in decline.
I really did mean what I posted,someone needs to get the UPS higher-ups informed on Indy's operating difficulties.
If it takes cleaning house in management,because of the poor operating conditions,well so be it.

If things are as bad as this thread topic states,then stop crying and become a part of the solution.

You have freight that is not moving because drivers are not working,what are you waiting for?
Make it known to the powers that can,and I am sure will be happy to straighten out their operation,to grow the business.

Like I have also posted I am certain UPS does not want the Indy terminal to fail.
Especially with all the money they have already invested in freight.

If I thought I had any leverage to do something to fix this, I wouldn't be wasting my efforts whining on a message board.
I'd be on the phone going as high as I could go in UPS, to find some one,that would send someone to INDY for a house cleaning.

I posted the same thing,....

And I have made the phone calls about things in my area,

You don't even have to go to far up the UPS small pack ladder to get results,.....

If freight isn't being moved when drivers are available, that's on the company.

If the company is using casuals and contractors when regulars are avail and that work belongs to the regulars per the contract. That's on the union.