XPO | this company is amazing....

Rodedog

TB Lurker
Credits
here's the deal. at my crappy little terminal we had at least 6 drivers via through from other barns to pick off 2 loaded trailers each. mean while, 1 bid driver sat at home, 3 road flex worked outbound dock for 3.5 hrs, and one road flex sat home. this place is a joke. our terminal is busier, but the idiots in the crystal palace wont let us haul our own freight. as soon as i can get another job, i'm gone. we've got the freight for me to run, but instead i'm gettin pay checks GROSSING 350-500 a week. this company is joke, the managment is retarded, and Dave M will make sure none of us have a job soon.

badlionsfan said:
here's the deal. at my crappy little terminal we had at least 6 drivers via through from other barns to pick off 2 loaded trailers each. mean while, 1 bid driver sat at home, 3 road flex worked outbound dock for 3.5 hrs, and one road flex sat home. this place is a joke. our terminal is busier, but the idiots in the crystal palace wont let us haul our own freight. as soon as i can get another job, i'm gone. we've got the freight for me to run, but instead i'm gettin pay checks GROSSING 350-500 a week. this company is joke, the managment is retarded, and Dave M will make sure none of us have a job soon.

Unfortunately that is happening at a lot of places. You’ll have six or seven or even more sitting at home while other terminals are doing via’s picking off your freight. You hired in at a specific terminal to work at a specific terminal, each terminal should do their own work!!! And another thing.. When they (XGO) started us loading long boxes to direct points, they (XGO) said it would stop when we were slow and start again when we picked up and they did this once, but not NOW.. Well it’s slow, so why are we doing it?? Easy $$$$$

They're pulling the same stunts in the south too. Between linehaul seemingly forgetting how to project loads and shiny wheels and TL hauling our freight, our runs have just about been cut in half. And we're well into the "busy" season, no less.

I've got to be honest - I'm having second thoughts myself. Something is definately going on with upper management's labor policy. My weekly income average is slowly dropping. I came here to improve myself (and my income). But this year, it's just not happening. I hear some people say "it's the economy." But how could that be if everyone else (LTL companies) is busy and we're not?

Other people say "it's the cost of re-branding and sponsoring #60". I don't think so. I think somehow, somewhere, upper management has had a fundamental change in their philosophy. But yet we're supposedly breaking records. For some reason the words "fuzzy arithmetic" come to mind.

Apparently this is all because of some new "Projections" system linehaul is using to reduce empty miles... I can never recall seeing so many via's off FAC since I've been with the company..., Example, One terminal had 5 I/B Via's (10 trailers) and the same terminal had 8 O/B Via's (16 trailers) that's just one terminal! somehow they claim it reduces empty miles... This system is screwing the FAC system up bigtime... But I guess I'm not seeing the big picture...

them empty miles this does make sense, but here's the point. my terminal is doing it's job, we're selling accts and pickin up a lot o freight. instead of xel or xay coming in our gate with mts and pickin off 2 loads, we should move our freight, and if their is freight to go back to xel or xay, we should via it on the way home. we're generating revinue (making pick ups), but not being rewarded. by rewarded i mean being allowed to feed our families. this company is retarded, lead by a ******, and i can't wait to see this company fail like ** did. it's only a matter of time.

6)Posts deemed to be just mean spirited posts or posts made just to antagonize others may be removed at the discretion of the site administration, the idea behind this site is to create harmony amongst people in the transportation industry.

Mozartsghost said:
This system is screwing the FAC system up bigtime... But I guess I'm not seeing the big picture...

One of the biggest is that there aren’t enough drivers breaking freight. They (via’s) are dropping off frt., but no staying to work the frt. Then reship shuts down late and a large percentage of lanes are over at the end of the night and then linehaul has everybody doing crazy via’s to cover what they F’ed up..:duh:

Detroit(XDE) Friday was a prime example. Down at sector three where they load day lanes. Those guys were getting 4 ½ hours to just bout 5 hours on the dock with over a four hour drive home.. Yea, that is Con-way safety, nothing like weaving all the way home tired. At 5:30 am there was still 13 breakers on the board and sector one and two were basically done with little to nothing on the dock and no breakers.:nutkick:

DragRacer said:
They're pulling the same stunts in the south too. Between linehaul seemingly forgetting how to project loads and shiny wheels and TL hauling our freight, our runs have just about been cut in half. And we're well into the "busy" season, no less.

I've got to be honest - I'm having second thoughts myself. Something is definately going on with upper management's labor policy. My weekly income average is slowly dropping. I came here to improve myself (and my income). But this year, it's just not happening. I hear some people say "it's the economy." But how could that be if everyone else (LTL companies) is busy and we're not?

Other people say "it's the cost of re-branding and sponsoring #60". I don't think so. I think somehow, somewhere, upper management has had a fundamental change in their philosophy. But yet we're supposedly breaking records. For some reason the words "fuzzy arithmetic" come to mind.

Money talks and B.S. walks....

Con-Way 2nd-quarter earnings rise 17 percent

Ya'll operated at a 86..... the greed heads are doing their jobs. Get used to it or move on. Don't mean to be a dick, but this is the way it is for everybody, (and Nobody).

nobody said:
Money talks and B.S. walks....

Con-Way 2nd-quarter earnings rise 17 percent

Ya'll operated at a 86..... the greed heads are doing their jobs. Get used to it or move on. Don't mean to be a dick, but this is the way it is for everybody, (and Nobody).
i guess i'll be moving on, cuz i refuse to get used to grossing less than 500 buck a week.

:Violin: man badlionsfan you only been with company for 4 months and your are crying all ready well as i say dont let the door hit your but there other drivers who would like to have a job here

dockboy said:
:Violin: man badlionsfan you only been with company for 4 months and your are crying all ready well as i say dont let the door hit your but there other drivers who would like to have a job here
don't worry it wont. 3 hrs a day isnt a job, its a joke. oh and they're cuttin 4 bids now too. 2 transfers, 2 bidders back on the flex. some of you vets are so frickin selfish, and think that as long as you get to run one of your top 5 bids all is peachy. you try to survive on less than 500 bucks a week gross and see how much you cry.

dockboy said:
If he's not getting any hours he has a right to complain.Now who's going to take his place?I didn't know that C.F. service centers had long lines coming out of the personal offices.I know in the 3 rd largest city in the country that's not happening.He will most likely do as you have asked and take his cdl to another company that is not pricing it self out as we are and do very well.Let's not forget he will be spreading the word on the road about our fine company and help build our fine reputation,Witch you and I no is so great.I'm not to worried about him taking a walk.As long as you are here I know we will do fine,A good company man who is all about the dream.yes.:bgroovy:

dock boy you dont know me. i love this job, it's why i went and got a cdl in the first place. so unless you wanna make up the difference in what i actually make and what i need to live, butt out.

well all i can say is that i have been there too when i first started pay was only $14.00 and change forgot the exact amount for the first 90 days i only worked 2-3 days then i got economically terminated for 61 days which means that i had to start all over which really sucked but i came back and been with the co for about going on 6 years now
yea it sucks being on the bottom of the board its getting slow at my barn they are asking guys to take time off :nutkick:

Forum Rules (Strictly Enforced)

1)Do Treat people with respect.

2)Do Not resort to childish name calling if someone does not agree with your view.