XPO | This is such an easy job.

I'll finally make 100k this year working only 5 days..ooh, and we get our bonus check next month. ooh, and no union rules..what could be better..this is a happy thread, so please don't bring it down with your doom and gloom..hahahahahahahaha
Never seen someone so obsessed with money, yes we all need it but that's all you talk about....Hope you get a chance to enjoy it in your golden years....

Never seen someone so obsessed with money, yes we all need it but that's all you talk about....Hope you get a chance to enjoy it in your golden years....
I was under the impression that money is why we do this ... The more the merrier .... Maybe he's socking it away in an IRA ... I know I am.

I know what it's like to work those hours - for a lot of years. We worked 60 hour weeks but if I worked the punch clock well, took no breaks, got creative with the logbook (THAT was a polished skill), I worked quite a few more then 60 hrs. There was many a night I had not gotten enough sleep and should have pulled over....but I was driven. I had no life. Weekdays was all work and the weekends when I would try to reverse my AM/PM schedule, was a robotic blur. I still maintained my properties, shopped, fixed cars, and had a pseudo social life but had no time for any hobbies. I was exhausted and am guessing medical professionals would say that life style was unhealthy.
You earned every penny of that 100K. Am glad it brings you happiness. Really! Congratulations!
I'm sure runawaytrain can tell us all about working the FACs at Conway.
Didn't he say he left this board?

I'll finally make 100k this year working only 5 days..ooh, and we get our bonus check next month. ooh, and no union rules..what could be better..this is a happy thread, so please don't bring it down with your doom and gloom..hahahahahahahaha
At 60 hours per week, every week, this means you make about $27.47 per hour. Care to adjust that bottom line a bit?

Thats why I said we all need it, but there is more to life then how much money you make...you can never go back in time to the things you miss out on & believe me I missed many things with this job....
I understand that .... But sacrifices must be made in order to secure your future in your senior years ... Regrets, sure I have some but the time I spent away from my family was something that they will benefit from in the end .... It wasn't like I was out chasing women ... TRUE HAPPINESS comes to him who does his work well, followed by relaxing and refreshing period of rest. TRUE HAPPINESS comes from the right amount of work for a day. I always had enough time for hobbies with my family ...I always cultivated an avocation to which you can turn to for diversion and relaxation.

I understand that .... But sacrifices must be made in order to secure your future in your senior years ... Regrets, sure I have some but the time I spent away from my family was something that they will benefit from in the end .... It wasn't like I was out chasing women ... TRUE HAPPINESS comes to him who does his work well, followed by relaxing and refreshing period of rest. TRUE HAPPINESS comes from the right amount of work for a day. I always had enough time for hobbies with my family ...I always cultivated an avocation to which you can turn to for diversion and relaxation.
There is no sacrifice..work like every other American does..62-65 hours a week. Sleep 5 hours, get a lot of stuff done in the day. I know how to make the $$
. and you don't do it sitting around complaining about everything. I could bid on days, but couldn't make that money, unless i worked 6 days.

I'm sorry the doom and gloom have to ruin my wonderful thread.

I might save some bucks and bid back to an early city bid next year..who knows..

At 60 hours per week, every week, this means you make about $27.47 per hour. Care to adjust that bottom line a bit?
12.5-13 hrs. a day.. mileage pay plus hourly stuff and dock..it adds up..trust me. comes to about 33$/hr on the log

There is no sacrifice..work like every other American does..62-65 hours a week. Sleep 5 hours, get a lot of stuff done in the day. I know how to make the $$
. and you don't do it sitting around complaining about everything. I could bid on days, but couldn't make that money, unless i worked 6 days.

I might save some bucks and bid back to an early city bid next year..who knows..
Well beer .... I like to keep it around 45-50 ... But at my age I've for the most part have already paid my dues.

I worked hard in my youth so I could retire at 62 .... DEBT FREE ... Nothing wrong with that.
Really????
Really??? We didn't know how well your life panned out for you financially. I bet you're proud of your self. You sound like a man's man. Tell us ALLLL about it. PLEASE!

I guess I could continue to play these games with you and get permanently banned ... I'm being watched like a hawk now because of you so I think it's best I move on for now ... I will leave things in your capable hands. I will look on from time to time but will keep my mouth shut .... I've worn out my welcome here and perhaps in time I can come back to live another day. Your alright Bankrupt despite our differences ... I'm not being sarcastic ... I mean that ... Good Luck.

12.5-13 hrs. a day.. mileage pay plus hourly stuff and dock..it adds up..trust me. comes to about 33$/hr on the log

I do think it's great you made your goal and that you are successful. But just to expose the cost a little bit more honestly, why would you figure your measured efforts by what you log. Everyone knows log books are fictional. You quote actual dollars, why not your actual hours? Consider paperwork, pretrips, anxious waiting, grabbing favorable clock punches, etc. Considering you are a company man, could I accurately assume you preform work related activities off of the clock?

Am guessing you are trading more real time for your earned compensation, so figure around $28.50/hr with next year's vacation, poor health insurance, token 401K contributions, and no pension. Not saying that's bad, just saying that's more accurate. And am sure you will agree, accuracy is the standard by which we can judge our own efforts. No need to mislead ourselves. We have the corporation to do that for us.

Why, if you are so vary happy working night L/H would you ever want to give it up for a city position? True happiness seems to be at the FAC's for you.

Let the parade continue!!!

I guess I could continue to play these games with you and get permanently banned ... I'm being watched like a hawk now because of you so I think it's best I move on for now ... I will leave things in your capable hands. I will look on from time to time but will keep my mouth shut .... I've worn out my welcome here and perhaps in time I can come back to live another day. Your alright Bankrupt despite our differences ... I'm not being sarcastic ... I mean that ... Good Luck.

Namaste brother

Namaste brother
I never would have thought you practiced Hinduism .. But seriously Bankrupt I hope things work out for you and you don't have to walk away from all the time you have invested at Conway ... There could come a day when you say enough is enough .... I learned long ago ... NEVER SAY NEVER ... Again Good luck in bringing about change.

I never would have thought you practiced Hinduism .. But seriously Bankrupt I hope things work out for you and you don't have to walk away from all the time you have invested at Conway ... There could come a day when you say enough is enough .... I learned long ago ... NEVER SAY NEVER ... Again Good luck in bringing about change.
he could bring all the change he wants, he'll still have whatever problems he has..some people will never be happy.

I do think it's great you made your goal and that you are successful. But just to expose the cost a little bit more honestly, why would you figure your measured efforts by what you log. Everyone knows log books are fictional. You quote actual dollars, why not your actual hours? Consider paperwork, pretrips, anxious waiting, grabbing favorable clock punches, etc. Considering you are a company man, could I accurately assume you preform work related activities off of the clock?

Am guessing you are trading more real time for your earned compensation, so figure around $28.50/hr with next year's vacation, poor health insurance, token 401K contributions, and no pension. Not saying that's bad, just saying that's more accurate. And am sure you will agree, accuracy is the standard by which we can judge our own efforts. No need to mislead ourselves. We have the corporation to do that for us.

Why, if you are so vary happy working night L/H would you ever want to give it up for a city position? True happiness seems to be at the FAC's for you.

Let the parade continue!!!
doom and gloom..you are bringing me down. I could switch to city, then back, then back again..that's true happiness..and I don't do anything off the clock. punch on when i get there, punch off when i leave. What's the problem..