FedEx Freight | This is Why We Don't Need Pt's

Mike Varnco said:
Hey, these guys are just trying to make a living.
You think they want to work for those kinds of wages?
Why do you gotta post this guy's picture? What did he do to you?
It's FEDEX that hires these guys for cut-rate wages.
Don't blame the drivers, they're just trying to feed their families like you are.

They would work for that wage no matter who would hire them. When Schneider for example pays trainees $400 a week and people sign up then I guess they dont mind working for peanuts. You should photoshop you Fedex Freightground logo on his door,it is the future you know.

Like it or not Mr Varnco is right, these drivers work for a company and they go where they are told, just like I do, everyone concerned is just trying to scratch out a living, including this Sysco driver, and all my Fedex friends, I didn't like purchase when I worked at Fedex, however I can't blame the driver that is doing his job, its not like he is crossing a strike line or anything.

grocerythrower said:
Like it or not Mr Varnco is right, these drivers work for a company and they go where they are told, just like I do, everyone concerned is just trying to scratch out a living, including this Sysco driver, and all my Fedex friends, I didn't like purchase when I worked at Fedex, however I can't blame the driver that is doing his job, its not like he is crossing a strike line or anything.

I see that, I think 90% of what the truckload carriers offer is a scam.They depend on high turnover and lease purchase scams.

I see that, I think 90% of what the truckload carriers offer is a scam.They depend on high turnover and lease purchase scams.

I agree, and also fartknocker, you know those guys have to feel uncomfortable in the breakroom around the fedex guys, I know when I was in dispatch none of them ever spoke a word, however its their job, I don't know if I could take a run like that, I would rather be ran all over the country than have to go to a fedex terminal where I knew the guys resented me for what I did, thats just me though, I know some ppl don't care, or they put up a good front.

I believe its mostly the latter...a good front.

grocerythrower said:

But if I get a pic of a Sysco driver standing next to a blown steer tire who is scratching his butt, I'm posting it here for all to see. I might even tell everyone it is the famous GT. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We could hire him as a buggy driver.

Yardtruck-IND.jpg

You don't think FedEx is going down this road?
Ground, Custom Critical, Truckload Brokerage, Trade Networks, Supply Chain = all light/non-asset based.
They don't want all that $$$$ tied up in trucks and benefits.

Mike Varnco said:
Ground, Custom Critical, Truckload Brokerage, Trade Networks, Supply Chain = all light/non-asset based.

This is the only place I have heard this. Only two of the OpCos you listed even have equipment. No major LTL carrier follows this model.

I want an Italian BMT and don't be cheap with the lettuce sammich boy

I had a meatball on my floor awhile back...who gets a damn meatball sub to eat while their driving??? that's just stupid

I agree, and also fartknocker, you know those guys have to feel uncomfortable in the breakroom around the fedex guys, I know when I was in dispatch none of them ever spoke a word, however its their job, I don't know if I could take a run like that, I would rather be ran all over the country than have to go to a fedex terminal where I knew the guys resented me for what I did, thats just me though, I know some ppl don't care, or they put up a good front.

I believe its mostly the latter...a good front.

Hate to hear about the uncomfortable situation GT...Hell I held the door for a PT driver today, I always speak and sometimes even have a good driver BS session with them if I have a couple of minutes.... they are just doing their job just like us. Why be upset with the PT driver, if you have a problem it should be with the company and that's no reason to the PT driver different then any other driver. Some of them are good people.

There was a little "to-do" with a pt driver at KCY this morning. Apparently he though he was at the Flying J and just parked where he wanted in front of the dock blocking 8-10 trailers. A road driver came along and couldn't set his dolly in front of his rear box, so he just set it right next to the pt's driver door. Guess the guy came unglued and went inside to complain. Heard from some other guys that the red shirt was accused of being racsist and called, and I quote, a "peckerwood".

We had a pt driver threaten to kill a dispatcher because his seal was wrong. Dispatcher was nothing but polite to him and was working on getting him a new seal.

There was a little "to-do" with a pt driver at KCY this morning. Apparently he though he was at the Flying J and just parked where he wanted in front of the dock blocking 8-10 trailers. A road driver came along and couldn't set his dolly in front of his rear box, so he just set it right next to the pt's driver door. Guess the guy came unglued and went inside to complain. Heard from some other guys that the red shirt was accused of being racsist and called, and I quote, a "peckerwood".
Driver was Chinese or something???

Hate to hear about the uncomfortable situation GT...Hell I held the door for a PT driver today, I always speak and sometimes even have a good driver BS session with them if I have a couple of minutes.... they are just doing their job just like us. Why be upset with the PT driver, if you have a problem it should be with the company and that's no reason to the PT driver different then any other driver. Some of them are good people.

It wasn't uncomfortable for me Racer, I just remember being in dispatch waiting on hooks and our fedex guys just glaring at the PT drivers, I could always tell they were uncomfortable, the only problem I ever had with them was parking, alot of them didn't have the ability to walk very far, or for very long periods, so they would park really close and block guys hooking and keep the switcher from doing their job, most of them came to OKC pretty regular, I always saw the same faces anyway, they knew where designated parking was, they just couldn't or wouldn't walk that far.

We don't do purchase at Sysco, we handle everything ourself, with the exception of product coming in, thats in a different section of the warehouse.