R&L | This Would Help R&L And Its Employee's

braceface

TB Regular
Credits
I think it would be a good idea if R&L would allow us to take some of our vacation if we chose to do so one day at a time... This would really help out in the winter when it is slow, we could take a vacation day, instead of taking a day off without pay.
This would be great for the drivers, and it would not hurt the company...
The way it would help the company, is that when we are so busy in the summer, more drivers would be available for work, because they used some of their vacation time up in the winter when it was slow... Think about it, its a win-win situation!!! I know alot of LTL's allow their drivers to take vacation this way, how about it Wilmington ???:1036316054:

I agree braceface most company's do allow you to take it a day at a time. If I can find out a reason why I'll let you know.

allow us to take some of our vacation if we chose to do so one day at a time... This would really help out in the winter when it is slow, we could take a vacation day, instead of taking a day off without pay.

My guess would be they really don't care to change how they pay on vacations. The way they do it now, requires no office personnel once you have chose your week and filled out the slip. The "pay-check computers" take it from there. If they have to keep track company wide, of who took what, when and where they would need full-time employee(s) to take care of that alone. R&L don't do that kinda thing. Faxes in the truck eliminate ALOT of employees, thats there style. Many of examples to use but thats a good one. This is my guess anyway. :shades:

My guess would be they really don't care to change how they pay on vacations. The way they do it now, requires no office personnel once you have chose your week and filled out the slip. The "pay-check computers" take it from there. If they have to keep track company wide, of who took what, when and where they would need full-time employee(s) to take care of that alone. R&L don't do that kinda thing. Faxes in the truck eliminate ALOT of employees, thats there style. Many of examples to use but thats a good one. This is my guess anyway.

Fax machines are old age. I wish we could come up with a better way than with new fax machines that act like paper shredders.

I hate my fax machine soo much i literally kicked the crap out of it yesterday! I had 30 bills to fax and it kept twisting the BOL so you couldnt read the bill. after 20 minutes of frustration ,I just starting kicking the ::shit:: out of it.

I'd like to

I'd like to get into the Tech Center at Wilmington and work on these stupid fax machines. If everything goes well maybe I could talk them into a better system. Maybe...... Probably not I seem to be the low man at the terminal.

If everything goes well maybe I could talk them into a better system. Maybe...... Probably not I seem to be the low man at the terminal.
I've come to the conclusion that nobody in management wants to hear new ideas... The suggestion boxes are a joke..... Guess you never heard the phrase "THE R&L Way OUR Way OR NO Way"..... R&L always brags about being the leader in technology then why are we still using the out of date 2-way radios....
Also the amount of paper this place uses is a shame.. How many trees do they use a year and they call themselves a earth friendly company:biglaugh::hysterical:...............

Fax machines are old age. I wish we could come up with a better way than with new fax machines that act like paper shredders.

The worst thing with those is when it always spits the bill back out and says "Please wait while the scanner restarts". Damn, that's aggravating.

Our TM *****es constantly about people not scanning the bill "when they make the delivery". That's why nobody does that. I know I don't have the patience for it.

I've seen that some places are getting Nextels... Yes they have GPS cards in them. Not sure if they are using them but they are in them.

Side note.... They can track the phone if it has no service or if you turn it off......

Nextels online website gives current MPH plus all the stops you've made for the past 24 hrs...

I've seen that some places are getting Nextels... Yes they have GPS cards in them. Not sure if they are using them but they are in them.

Side note.... They can track the phone if it has no service or if you turn it off......

Nextels online website gives current MPH plus all the stops you've made for the past 24 hrs...

Then I shall be building myself a small, portable Faraday cage. No big brother looking over my shoulder................

I think it would be a good idea if R&L would allow us to take some of our vacation if we chose to do so one day at a time... This would really help out in the winter when it is slow, we could take a vacation day, instead of taking a day off without pay.
This would be great for the drivers, and it would not hurt the company...
The way it would help the company, is that when we are so busy in the summer, more drivers would be available for work, because they used some of their vacation time up in the winter when it was slow... Think about it, its a win-win situation!!! I know alot of LTL's allow their drivers to take vacation this way, how about it Wilmington ???:1036316054:

Wow, seems like they are listening !!!!!:hide:

Picture a small box made from wire mesh, put the Nextel inside and it would be effectively shielded and would lose signal. I built one years ago when I ran long-haul for my Quallcom antenna, used to "disappear" off the grid and run how I wanted to.

I wonder if you also just throw one of those lead sheets over it the they put on you before they x-ray you. that should be more than enough to hide anything from GPS signals.

Hey BraceFace...

I think they just might be listening to some ideas. Would also like to see them revert the Vacation schedule to a Calendar year (Jan to Dec). Makes it hard picking in November for the following year...when I cannot pick any weeks past Labor Day (my hire date is Aug 28). So, basically, I cannot take any time off between Sep and Oct/Nov (Pickin time).

As far as the allowing splitting of vacation days; that'll be great if and when I get my 3rd week of vacation (2 yrs yet). They should change the getting off the 3rd week to 7-8 years with company. How many drivers have the intestinal fortitude to make it 10 years at some of these wickedly run barns?