Yellow | Time clock

I have been comparing my total hours worked each week against a stopwatch app on my phone since the Kronos system was implemented.

Though the difference between the two will vary from week to week, there seems to be a consistent built-in advantage in the company's favor of four one-hundredths of an hour overtime each week. Google tells me that four one-hundredths of an hour equals 2.4 minutes.

Honestly, I cannot explain the difference. I don't mean to imply that anything nefarious is going on, though I am curious if anyone else out there has gone to the trouble of checking their hours against another device.

Really what does it matter , because Milking the clock and stealing time is out of control , for both the city and line haul , we have city guys that get extra hour plus day just smoking & talking and we got line haul that wiggle the license plate wire and get extra time daily , point is there is NO accountability for anything ! :apologetic:

615 city yes, road side no, I'm already screwed, the military has my DNA and prints so I got nothing to hide. I still card punch my times for my record and convenience. When this electronic system goes down what do we go back to? Yep back to the hard copy for back up.

You guyz bring up some good arguments but here is my issue I been trying to get put into our contract. Firstly if we are doing this electronic biometric time keeping system. Why aren't we allowed to view our personal time (vacation, sick days) in a view only mode to ensure your earned time isn't tampered with or altered (i lack for a better word here).

Who is to say that management can go into the system and make changes without your knowledge just to make his numbers look good.. Integrity check here management, i don't trust them and never will. That is why you have to stay in that azz or they will break it off in you.

I even ask why can't I access my own personal info from my PC, and was told the company does not want the risk of being hacked into. So the system is already flawed and why should I feel safe with my fingerprints in this biometric system. Something is stolen from the dock or off a trailer and found. Lets dust for prints to see a match in our biometric system (time date location).

I had cut my middle finger working freight, which i used to clock in & express how I feel about this. A scar formed, now I have a problem clocking in and out and the management has to manually input my time. Who is to say he put it in correctly or purposely deviated the actual time worked afterwards.
Trust goes both ways and IMOP< I don't trust them.
When someone pulls up your vac time and sick days, just have them print the screen for you. Date and remaining days are shown. I do it all the time.

When someone pulls up your vac time and sick days, just have them print the screen for you. Date and remaining days are shown. I do it all the time.

Big R I do the same also but why do we have to go through the trouble of doing so. When I was laid off I worked for a company on the side that I was to able to see my time for the week for each day. Also the dates I took for vaycay or sick were always available for viewing only.. Reason I'm so anal about this is the fact two months ago I was told I had no time avail sick or vacay, I knew I had a day or two left. saw this on the screen but Dec 23 a Friday YRC offered CC's. I asked to check what I had and all of a sudden I had 16 hours ( 1 vay cay & 1 SPD). Hmmmmm???? I'm just saying

Really what does it matter , because Milking the clock and stealing time is out of control , for both the city and line haul , we have city guys that get extra hour plus day just smoking & talking and we got line haul that wiggle the license plate wire and get extra time daily , point is there is NO accountability for anything ! :apologetic:
A city driver can dictate his day anytime. I'll bet there is a distinct correlation to increased overtime when the 15℅ was applied and even less work getting done. That spells an unfavorable destiny for us all.

A city driver can dictate his day anytime. I'll bet there is a distinct correlation to increased overtime when the 15℅ was applied and even less work getting done. That spells an unfavorable destiny for us all.
Milking the clock has been out of control for the last 25 years that I have seen. My partner has it right... no accountability....

Milking the clock has been out of control for the last 25 years that I have seen. My partner has it right... no accountability....
It was obvious @ ABF. Driver makes the same run every day. Takes 3 hours to do it. Goes on vacation. His replacement does it in 2. Happened all the time. Some got a gallon of milk each day, some a quart. Name on the doors changes, problem stays the same. von.

I have been comparing my total hours worked each week against a stopwatch app on my phone since the Kronos system was implemented.

Though the difference between the two will vary from week to week, there seems to be a consistent built-in advantage in the company's favor of four one-hundredths of an hour overtime each week. Google tells me that four one-hundredths of an hour equals 2.4 minutes.

Honestly, I cannot explain the difference. I don't mean to imply that anything nefarious is going on, though I am curious if anyone else out there has gone to the trouble of checking their hours against another device.
So go sit in the crapper for 2.4 minutes and call it even........

Drivers out on his run. Dispatch checks his GPS calls & asks why he has been sitting @ a RR crossing for the last 20 minutes? Driver says he is waiting for the train. Dispatch asks how long is the train. Drivers says I don't know 'It hasn't arrived yet'. Cha Ching. von.

Driver walks in dispatch and is asked by supervisor why it took so long. Drivers says he got hung up on a set of RR tracks on west bound I-70. Bada Boom.

Driver makes the same run every day. Takes 3 hours to do it. Goes on vacation. His replacement does it in 2. Happened all the time. Some got a gallon of milk each day, some a quart. Name on the doors changes, problem stays the same.

I disagree with that statement, cause there are alot of factors come into play here. Peddle guy can dictate pretty much how his day goes where his replacement will work without taking his lunch or breaks (that aint right).

Plus if its in a metro area who knows how long it will be with rush hour traffic. Told management plenty of times to move the start time earlier to beat the traffic but they won't listen so I will continue to get the 5-6 hrs a week of OT from sitting in traffic.

Big R I do the same also but why do we have to go through the trouble of doing so. When I was laid off I worked for a company on the side that I was to able to see my time for the week for each day. Also the dates I took for vaycay or sick were always available for viewing only.. Reason I'm so anal about this is the fact two months ago I was told I had no time avail sick or vacay, I knew I had a day or two left. saw this on the screen but Dec 23 a Friday YRC offered CC's. I asked to check what I had and all of a sudden I had 16 hours ( 1 vay cay & 1 SPD). Hmmmmm???? I'm just saying
I always thought it would be nice if they could maybe let the drivers use a computer that is not used that often in a cubicle maybe where the clerks are for example, and just have an assigned password to access the mainframe, and the vacation screens. All you have to do then is have your name, and SS number, and could look up your own. But then again, only the ATM, or TM seem to have access to that screen,along with a clerk who takes care of payroll. So I guess that would not get approved.

I always thought it would be nice if they could maybe let the drivers use a computer that is not used that often in a cubicle maybe where the clerks are for example, and just have an assigned password to access the mainframe, and the vacation screens. All you have to do then is have your name, and SS number, and could look up your own. But then again, only the ATM, or TM seem to have access to that screen,along with a clerk who takes care of payroll. So I guess that would not get approved.

For what it's worth, this is from the ADP InTouch user's manual:

ADP InTouch does the following:
  • Enforces schedules, by controlling when specific employees can swipe in and
    swipe out for shifts, meals, and breaks.
  • Displays accrued vacation, sick time, and messages to individual employees
    (depending on the host application).

For what it's worth, this is from the ADP InTouch user's manual:

ADP InTouch does the following:
  • Enforces schedules, by controlling when specific employees can swipe in and
    swipe out for shifts, meals, and breaks.
  • Displays accrued vacation, sick time, and messages to individual employees
    (depending on the host application).
Do not see the vacation display option at our place...

It would be FUN ,to switch the pay back to per stop & mile ,instead of the O.T. , clock milking pay way and watch how FAST they could do stops per day and do it for a month and then compare number's !!

Driver makes the same run every day. Takes 3 hours to do it. Goes on vacation. His replacement does it in 2. Happened all the time. Some got a gallon of milk each day, some a quart. Name on the doors changes, problem stays the same.

I disagree with that statement, cause there are alot of factors come into play here. Peddle guy can dictate pretty much how his day goes where his replacement will work without taking his lunch or breaks (that aint right).

Plus if its in a metro area who knows how long it will be with rush hour traffic. Told management plenty of times to move the start time earlier to beat the traffic but they won't listen so I will continue to get the 5-6 hrs a week of OT from sitting in traffic.
I posted that as a general sample. Not true all the time or for each employee. BUT, it is not to far from reality. Put ABF, YRC, Fed-Ex or any name on the side of the door. The milking continues, but @ different levels. von.