FedEx Freight | Time has ran out!!

You are correct in the rules being followed, and the leverage actually used. I said early on, if the drivers wanted to decertify, it would simple enough. Many were led to believe it to be nearly impossible. That myth is certainly debunked, as it should be.

Is it too soon to talk about where the missteps were actually made, who made them, and why? The real winners and losers? Lessons learned, etc.? There is something there for everyone.

Probably much too soon...
Not sure I understand when you said "leverage actually used."...perhaps your info explaining this statement came from the same source(s) that had you believing a decert after one year to be "nearly impossible"??

Agreed, way to soon considering there are still others left in the fight...for now.

A another note, I would like to publicly thank everyone in CLT, from BOTH SIDES, for reaching out and taking the time to talk things over in an attempt to heal some severely deep wounds. Some have already began the process of moving forward while others are taking a slower, more conservative approach...and rightfully so I guess. There were a lot of things said and done during the last three years from both sides and most understand that it was just politics.

I would like to also publicly commend Hootowl for being a stand up individual. Even though I disagree with his stance on the issue, I respect the fact that he stood up for what he believed in and never wavered from his stance in the face of adversity. He also understands that 20+ years of friendships with many of his fellow associates means more than a few words spewed during a political campaign!!

Let's hope that everyone from both sides can show each other the same respect moving forward and continue to make our center and our company great again!!

#SummerOfEddy :1036316054:

I never thought I'd agree openly with bigtruk, but he's right. Yellow slit it's own wrists by borrowing the money to buy Roadway and USF. Bill Zollars was a megalomaniac who only wanted to lay claim to building the biggest trucking company in the world. And he repeated that claim when he was walked out in 2009.

The resulting disaster is squarely on him. He destroyed 3 financially solvent carriers by borrowing over a billion dollars to build the biggest trucking company in the world. And all he cared about was that he succeeded.
I think he, and those he teamed with, wanted to sink us....They all knew,he, and the bankers who loaned the money, what they were doing.

Dude, we, the drivers, voted for what was best for us...I only had one vote, it's not like I went in and voted 114 times!!
You had one vote on 3 separate occasions..
1 wether you wanted a vote.
1 for the actual vote.
And one for the decert vote.
A sham.

A company biased sham.
YRC and the banks come for concessions and they have a vote.
Vote 1 from New Penn teamsters was no....so they have another vote.....and then they lump us all together with YRC votes...so no matter what a guy who doesn't support the company does at our expense...pretty much can't win.....Just like this 3 year sham that you guys just went thru.
I forget exactly how the YRC vote things went...but no matter how we opposed they still continued having votes till the company got its way.

They really don't need you Red....they have the system good and rigged in their favor on their own.........you should never oppose anything the government does....because they own the government like they own this system.

What world do you live in?? There were only two elections, you don't have to vote to have an election!! There was no 2-1 like you claim, the union won the first vote, we won the second, 1-1, it's that simple!!

Sham?? The Commucrats, through Pelosi and Reid, set the rules...vote the union in, negotiate for one year, then have the opportunity to vote them out...simple!! It's nobody's fault but the union's for moving forward with negotiations when they had zero leverage to obtain anything..period!! Hell, we even warned the local and the international about what was going to happen once our year was up and we even asked them to file a disclaimer of interest, it's not our fault their egos got in the way and they thought we were bluffing!! Had they taken us seriously, they could've saved a lot of YOUR money!!

Your beloved organization is broke, they couldn't afford to throw all of their weight at FXFE and lose...and Hoffa was smart enough to realize this, that's why he's the Pres and you're just a driver!! And before you say Zuckerman...yeah, yeah, Zuckerman may be a loud mouth but even he's smart enough to realize that you don't throw everything and the kitchen sink at FXFE when you've only got 4 centers out of 360+!!
You need 51% for the organizing drive to begin and you now that well.

I'm not a Democrat....and this sham of an organizing system has place long before Obama got in.
That's why the numbers are so low.

The card check we wanted never went thru. That would've been freedom for the worker......no dragged out waste of time and life to join the union of your trade.
Oppression is the category that this organizing system falls under.

Fedex has continued to increase pay and benefits while the union companies have fallen behind with concessions. The difference is having a profitable business model. Fedex keeps making a profit while the union companies lose money. Simple math. Maybe you should stick to what you know. Driving.
I know what YRC Corporate has done to New Penn.....and that loss of profits has absolutely nothing to do with Teamsters.

Here's one for you slave. It makes many of the points you've been preaching.

The fading American dream? Maybe companies deserve more of the blame.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fadi...VjIz3uQ&fromEmail=fromEmail&ut=2x_QpIiAJnFTQ1

Except for the part about Government involvement in minimum and/or living wages, it's pretty informative, from a historical perspective.
I think the companies corrupt politicians they own deserve l blame. The union blame comes in for giving up.....and trusting the wrong politicians.

Every driver hired by FedEx goes through almost 2 weeks of training with company policy and expectations. I am baffled by pro union people saying the company screws them and all employees. FedEx makes you aware before you take your first load out . YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO QUIT BEFORE DELIVERING 1 OUNCE OF FREIGHT. Why you bring in a third party to divide,threaten, and otherwise demean your fellow drivers for their self-serving EXECUTIVE COUNCIL who will NEVER KNOW YOUR NAME BUT WILL TAKE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY IN A HEARTBEAT is just plain old foolishness.

Every driver hired by FedEx goes through almost 2 weeks of training with company policy and expectations. I am baffled by pro union people saying the company screws them and all employees. FedEx makes you aware before you take your first load out . YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO QUIT BEFORE DELIVERING 1 OUNCE OF FREIGHT. Why you bring in a third party to divide,threaten, and otherwise demean your fellow drivers for their self-serving EXECUTIVE COUNCIL who will NEVER KNOW YOUR NAME BUT WILL TAKE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY IN A HEARTBEAT is just plain old foolishness.
That third party knows you and your job as good as FedEx....for that third party is sitting right next to you at the docks you pickup and deliver at.....the teamsters are not a foreign third party entity.....the drivers next to you are the union.

You also have the option to never take a load in the trade...if you don't want to deal with the union of that trade.

If it was up to me....you would not need a 51% interest for an organizing drive...nor would you be subjected to 3 years of divisive unionbusting straight from the bowels of Hell.
Up to me...you'd call the hall and begin paying dues and recieveing some sort of benefit without a vote.......and maybe if 51% of drivers within a company joined on their own with no drive and no vote....a contract for the company would be worked out.
The whole sustem requiring a vote to join and get a contract seems to me to go against rights.....and is an arcane system that would seem to come from some kind of oppressive countries....freedom isn't really a part of this deal..nor liberty..as it is now.
Under my system the unionbusting industry would need to find some real work somewhere.....too bad for theat third party...waste of money and time.

I personally would not know what problem, people would have with having both union and nonunion people at the same companies....as long as it was not just for the anti-union right-to-work crowd........workers should be able to join with minimum benefits at any company without a vote..
With over a million members I'm sure we could have really great health insurance deals and retirement deals at the minimum......and then if a majority joined within a company...then maybe have a contract between worker ande employer.....the way it is now is a sham designed to have companies on top throughout the business and throughout politics.

Last edited:
That third party knows you and your job as good as FedEx....for that third party is sitting right next to you at the docks you pickup and deliver at.....the teamsters are not a foreign third party entity.....the drivers next to you are the union.

You also have the option to never take a load in the trade...if you don't want to deal with the union of that trade.

If it was up to me....you would not need a 51% interest for an organizing drive...nor would you be subjected to 3 years of divisive unionbusting straight from the bowels of Hell.
Up to me...you'd call the hall and begin paying dues and recieveing some sort of benefit without a vote.......and maybe if 51% of drivers within a company joined on their own with no drive and no vote....a contract for the company would be worked out.
The whole sustem requiring a vote to join and get a contract seems to me to go against rights.....and is an arcane system that would seem to come from some kind of oppressive countries....freedom isn't really a part of this deal..nor liberty..as it is now.
Under my system the unionbusting industry would need to find some real work somewhere.....too bad for theat third party...waste of money and time.

I personally would not know what problem, people would have with having both union and nonunion people at the same companies....as long as it was not just for the anti-union right-to-work crowd........workers should be able to join with minimum benefits at any company without a vote..
With over a million members I'm sure we could have really great health insurance deals and retirement deals at the minimum......and then if a majority joined within a company...then maybe have a contract between worker ande employer.....the way it is now is a sham designed to have companies on top throughout the business and throughout politics.
You talk a lot of BS.

You had one vote on 3 separate occasions..
1 wether you wanted a vote.
1 for the actual vote.
And one for the decert vote.
A sham.

A company biased sham.
YRC and the banks come for concessions and they have a vote.
Vote 1 from New Penn teamsters was no....so they have another vote.....and then they lump us all together with YRC votes...so no matter what a guy who doesn't support the company does at our expense...pretty much can't win.....Just like this 3 year sham that you guys just went thru.
I forget exactly how the YRC vote things went...but no matter how we opposed they still continued having votes till the company got its way.

They really don't need you Red....they have the system good and rigged in their favor on their own.........you should never oppose anything the government does....because they own the government like they own this system.
I'd like to pretend I didn't read this but I can't!! How long have u been a Teamster?? Do you really not know how the process works?? Really??

You don't vote on whether you want a vote fool, you only have to have proof of support in the form of 30% of union cards signed. If 30% support is proven, an election will be held. It's the same process for a decertification election, you have to prove there's atleast 30% support through a petition process and if so, you get a decert election...all according to the NLRB...look it up!!

What you're talking about with New Penn, YRC, and the banks are totally different that what we went through...apples and oranges!!

The NLRB is a labor board set up to support labor unions, NOT corporations!! Hell, they didn't want to support us, laborers, but they had to by law!! They tried to persuade us to delay our petition for another month to give the local more time to campaign but we called their bluff...don't believe me, we have the emails to prove it!! The NLRB is the sham...in favor of labor unions, not employees!!

You need 51% for the organizing drive to begin and you now that well.

I'm not a Democrat....and this sham of an organizing system has place long before Obama got in.
That's why the numbers are so low.

The card check we wanted never went thru. That would've been freedom for the worker......no dragged out waste of time and life to join the union of your trade.
Oppression is the category that this organizing system falls under.
No you don't, you only need 30%...look it up!!

No, before Obama anyone who didn't vote was counted as a NO vote...after Obama, only those who vote counted. The teamsters numbers are so low because employees have become smarter and realized what parasites the teamsters have become!!

To hell with card check or secret ballot altogether...get every employee at a terminal in the parking lot and make it simple...if you want a union, step to the left...no union, step to the right!!

You say third party is next to us on the docks, last I looked those jobs were filled by non-union workers. Those far and few in between union dock workers you speek of are filled with arrogance and attitudes . they are against the very drivers you covet so much . As for your 1 million members with your so called superior benefits. Noboma gave the unions concessions and leg up help against rising medical costs. And you keep promising superior pensions. Articles in NY TIMES,WASHINGTON POST AND CHICAGO SUN TIMES ALL tell of UNION PENSIONS NEAR BANKRUPT. WHY WOULD ANYONE GIVE TEAMSTERS RETIREMENT MONEY THAT THEY WILL MISHANDLE , FAIL TO INVEST WISELY AND STEAL from rank and file members as has been past practice for the LAST 50 PLUS YEARS. ILL INVEST AND REINVEST MY OWN MONEY AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE PENSION SURETY COMMISSION GIVE ME 10 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR. PRIME EXAMPLE CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND. READ ALL ABOUT IT. (

You say third party is next to us on the docks, last I looked those jobs were filled by non-union workers. Those far and few in between union dock workers you speek of are filled with arrogance and attitudes . they are against the very drivers you covet so much . As for your 1 million members with your so called superior benefits. Noboma gave the unions concessions and leg up help against rising medical costs. And you keep promising superior pensions. Articles in NY TIMES,WASHINGTON POST AND CHICAGO SUN TIMES ALL tell of UNION PENSIONS NEAR BANKRUPT. WHY WOULD ANYONE GIVE TEAMSTERS RETIREMENT MONEY THAT THEY WILL MISHANDLE , FAIL TO INVEST WISELY AND STEAL from rank and file members as has been past practice for the LAST 50 PLUS YEARS. ILL INVEST AND REINVEST MY OWN MONEY AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE PENSION SURETY COMMISSION GIVE ME 10 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR. PRIME EXAMPLE CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND. READ ALL ABOUT IT. (
The pension system as it was....before people like yourself came along and ruined it by following the companies.....a great thing.
The people you follow didn't like the fact that we actually had bigger accounts than them. That threatens their political power.
So they did things to ensure that our system did not work.
There is no security in your system...not for yourself...not for the nation....Just heard a financial sales guy with his own radio show yesterday....saying that 401K retirements can lose up to 50% of their planned monies at any time......nothing to grandstand about....if they took our combined monies....your money will be taken at will by Wall St....and you will be right there supporting what they do...We'll all live in tents at retirement...and your type will say we all deserve it and the rich deserve it all...the whole government and country...

No you don't, you only need 30%...look it up!!

No, before Obama anyone who didn't vote was counted as a NO vote...after Obama, only those who vote counted. The teamsters numbers are so low because employees have become smarter and realized what parasites the teamsters have become!!

To hell with card check or secret ballot altogether...get every employee at a terminal in the parking lot and make it simple...if you want a union, step to the left...no union, step to the right!!
I'll take it that you are correct on the 30%....but it is still a requirement.a third requirement........not a requirement involving rugged individualism nor freedom or liberty...but a requirement of needing others in order to get rights for yourself.

I'd like to pretend I didn't read this but I can't!! How long have u been a Teamster?? Do you really not know how the process works?? Really??

You don't vote on whether you want a vote fool, you only have to have proof of support in the form of 30% of union cards signed. If 30% support is proven, an election will be held. It's the same process for a decertification election, you have to prove there's atleast 30% support through a petition process and if so, you get a decert election...all according to the NLRB...look it up!!

What you're talking about with New Penn, YRC, and the banks are totally different that what we went through...apples and oranges!!

The NLRB is a labor board set up to support labor unions, NOT corporations!! Hell, they didn't want to support us, laborers, but they had to by law!! They tried to persuade us to delay our petition for another month to give the local more time to campaign but we called their bluff...don't believe me, we have the emails to prove it!! The NLRB is the sham...in favor of labor unions, not employees!!
Your uninformed buddy Purple Hammer brought up YRC....dishonestly or in an uninformed way...blaming the Teamters for our financial problems..
He probably doesn't know that New Penn has been a closed shop[ union company for 80 years or so...and until the YRC purchase.....we were number one on dollars spent to dollars made for over 13 years right before the buy............better than EVERYBODY......with Teamsters...with no doubles...with 45 foot trailers loaded on the floor....no load bars ...no racking freight no 102 wides, and not many 13'6 trailers...mostly 12' 6' tthin short trailers. We didn't make the most money in the industry...but we lost the least/dollar spent.
I'm not an organizer....I believe in the benefit of the unions....and I believe we can lose no more members without really bad things happening soon.
I don't think the organizers who get paid would really want me around.....I don't stay in a nice neat box at all....the nice neat box has been studied and analized and shaped into a company favoring syste....and ain't working imo.......the results are in right here in this thread...decert after 3 years of Hell.

There are patterns in this forum of debate on the issue.
I will tell you that years ago...Hoot Owl...was the MOST DIFFICULT ANTI_UNION guy to go against.......and he had a guy just like John Deere whose name was starkraving loon...a supposed union official in his youth...another union again.....right there doing the same thing JD does here.....and now HOOT OWL wanted the union....and if we go over to YRC...we might see that starkravingloon may have actually joined the Teamsters as a new hire at YRC.

Last edited:
I'll take it that you are correct on the 30%....but it is still a requirement.a third requirement........not a requirement involving rugged individualism nor freedom or liberty...but a requirement of needing others in order to get rights for yourself.
It is not on me as a driver or Fedex as a competing company to bolster the ranks of the Teamsters union. There are many reasons that your membership and the number of unionized carriers has declined so drastically. You may be able to pin some of it on the companies but a big role was played by the Teamsters. The Teamsters have a long history of corruption, violence, and making poor strategic moves. The USA is a nation founded on freedom and competition. As a worker I have the right to work without a union. Companies like Fedex will continue to bury the union competition because we make sustainable profits while the union competition does not. Get your own house in order rather than push the cancer on others.

It is not on me as a driver or Fedex as a competing company to bolster the ranks of the Teamsters union. There are many reasons that your membership and the number of unionized carriers has declined so drastically. You may be able to pin some of it on the companies but a big role was played by the Teamsters. The Teamsters have a long history of corruption, violence, and making poor strategic moves. The USA is a nation founded on freedom and competition. As a worker I have the right to work without a union. Companies like Fedex will continue to bury the union competition because we make sustainable profits while the union competition does not. Get your own house in order rather than push the cancer on others.
You could not beat New Penn before YRC bought us....fact.

Not sure I understand when you said "leverage actually used."...perhaps your info explaining this statement came from the same source(s) that had you believing a decert after one year to be "nearly impossible"??

Leverage that could have been used, but wasn't. Something more substantial than a "band-aids for healthcare" campaign. Don't play dumb now.

You should know, I made the case that decert was NOT anywhere close to impossible. Your side used the fear that is was nearly impossible, to deter anyone on the fence. Chief among those, every speaker from LRI ( http://lrionline.com/about-us/ ). This conversation always led (next) to the most feared angle of all. "The dual purpose ballot".

To imply that I believed that line is disingenuous, at best. Lucky for you, I was right.

Leverage that could have been used, but wasn't. Something more substantial than a "band-aids for healthcare" campaign. Don't play dumb now.

You should know, I made the case that decert was NOT anywhere close to impossible. Your side used the fear that is was nearly impossible, to deter anyone on the fence. Chief among those, every speaker from LRI ( http://lrionline.com/about-us/ ). This conversation always led (next) to the most feared angle of all. "The dual purpose ballot".

To imply that I believed that line is disingenuous, at best. Lucky for you, I was right.
Just for clarification, are you saying that they didn't use all of their leverage??

Sorry but LRI was NOT on our side..they may have been on the company's side but not ours. You do understand there's three parties involved?? That's why during the decert election there were 3 observers...1 for the union, 1 for the company, and 1 for the petitioner (us).

Wasn't implying anything, I asked because I was uncertain...