FedEx Freight | Time has ran out!!

Don't get it twisted, I'm all about "do it right the first time" but unfortunately too many of our coworkers arent!! Perhaps it's your and their attitudes that's the problem, I get as frustrated as the next man but I don't stop until I get an answer no matter how far up the ladder I have to climb...it might not be the answer I want because a lot of times as drivers we just see what's on the surface, but I do get answers.

Although the bet wasn't offered to me I accepted it, I'm still waiting for a response...

Just curious, you're not the guy that comes through the gate every night and makes a left going the wrong way are you??
no left turns at the gate and I still say that you need to be shop steward

It's a bet. That means you can't come back under different avatars like the other several times. Deal?

I guess CT got under your skin. It's a bet.

Just to reiterate the terms. If the Union stays, you leave Truckingboards. If the Union loses, I leave Truckingboards.

Now you're asking questions that are above my paygrade....did you mean the vacation wage enhancement right away?? Dunno, it could be as simple as a click of the mouse or it could be a lot of bureaucratic red tape, not sure as to how quickly but they would get the enhancement IMO. As for the rest, I doubt we'll ever get the freight back from GSP and without a new or another center in CLT, I doubt we'll get the rest back either...the price you pay for biting the hand that feeds you!! No runs have been moved yet, although the union agreed under the COO agreement, but yes, drivers would be allowed to follow the freight. Why would the company say NO, they still have a business to run and customers to service and they're going to do what's in the best interest of the company, as a whole.
Sorry about the confusion, lets' do the for instance I work at your terminal and have set back and listened to all the talk, now after the union is booted to the curb,6 months go by and we still don't have the vacation wage enhancement that the other terminals enjoy . What or who do I go see as to why this didn't happen, was told we didn't get it was because of the union.What do you tell the people now? Also it sounds like nobody has lost any money or runs due to the union just the one perk of the vacation. Not trying to be a smart a## and I haven't been in LTL for over 20+ years but just some questions i would have in my mind, I have no dog in this race but I have read a lot on here, RED I think your a good guy and if I ever ran into ya someplace I would buy ya a coffee or what ever,makes no difference to me if you are non or union we all do the same thing just trying to make a dollar

Sorry about the confusion, lets' do the for instance I work at your terminal and have set back and listened to all the talk, now after the union is booted to the curb,6 months go by and we still don't have the vacation wage enhancement that the other terminals enjoy . What or who do I go see as to why this didn't happen, was told we didn't get it was because of the union.What do you tell the people now? Also it sounds like nobody has lost any money or runs due to the union just the one perk of the vacation. Not trying to be a smart a## and I haven't been in LTL for over 20+ years but just some questions i would have in my mind, I have no dog in this race but I have read a lot on here, RED I think your a good guy and if I ever ran into ya someplace I would buy ya a coffee or what ever,makes no difference to me if you are non or union we all do the same thing just trying to make a dollar
First off, our city drivers weren't told they wouldn't get the vacaction enhancement because of the union, they were told this is a new benefit that must be negotiated because that's what the majority wanted...the opportunity to negotiate...and the NLRB agreed. As for when they'll get the new benefit once the union is booted out, see my response above to Mattbob...I dunno, that's above my paygrade. It could be as simple as a click of the mouse (days) or it could be a bunch of bureaucratic red tape as @trucking62 suggested (2 years), that's the problem when you vote the union in in the first place!! Who would they ask...I'd say start with the CCM or HR and work their way up the ladder until they get an answer, although I'm certain legal will get involved at some point since we are dealing with the union and the NLRB. Everyone in CLT has lost the "potential" to earn more money due to the union being here, that's just a fact.
I never take your comments out of context, you're one of the few guys on here who's always courteous and respectful and a lot of guys could learn from reading your post!! :1036316054:

Perhaps one day we'll cross paths and can enjoy that cup of beverage.

From what I hear there is a lot of bribery and blackmail going on. It would seem some on the anti side are worried.

I also hear the SCM has guaranteed the vacation rate takes effect immediately. That's a big No-No.

From what I hear there is a lot of bribery and blackmail going on. It would seem some on the anti side are worried.

I also hear the SCM has guaranteed the vacation rate takes effect immediately. That's a big No-No.
Judging by your comments, it sounds like to me the pro side is getting worried!!

You need new sources!! :1036316054:

I learned just how low class and desperate some on the anti Union side are.

I was warned about posting on here because "some" may contact my employer in an attempt to cost me my job. That if they didn't agree with what I was saying on here they would "out" me.

I have news for these individuals. That is a Pandora's box they don't want to open, and they really should let bygones be bygones before doing something that my ultimately wind up costing them their own employment.

I was warned about posting on here because "some" may contact my employer in an attempt to cost me my job. That if they didn't agree with what I was saying on here they would "out" me.

I have news for these individuals. That is a Pandora's box they don't want to open, and they really should let bygones be bygones before doing something that my ultimately wind up costing them their own employment.
Huh...sounds like a personal issue to me, good luck with that one!! :1036316054:

Whoa pal, don't drag me into your web of personal issues...

Well pal, I didn't. You quoted my post and attempted to spin it as if I were the one with the issue. In fact, I was warned by someone on the same side as you that some may be gunning for me over my posting here due to their own going personal issues.

Obviously, I'm still in some of their heads as many years as it's been now and they're still bitter, and harbor ill will. Hopefully they seek out the kind of psychiatric care they desperately need.

Last edited:

Are you surprised? Some of these people against union would sell their soul if they thought they could get in tighter with boss to get favorable treatment. It's pathetic!!!!

Are you surprised? Some of these people against union would sell their soul if they thought they could get in tighter with boss to get favorable treatment. It's pathetic!!!!

It tells me they aren't as strong as they proclaim. If they were, they wouldn't be concerned with what a non employee says on Truckingboards.

Well pal, I didn't. You quoted my post and attempted to spin it as if I were the one with the issue.
No, I responded to your post concerning the general accusations you made about our side...you took my general response as if I were talking to you personally...which I find interesting since you claim to be on neither side!!
It tells me they aren't as strong as they proclaim. If they were, they wouldn't be concerned with what a non employee says on Truckingboards.
Again, you're making a general comment about our side when you couldn't possibly know how much support we have, it's pure speculation at best in hopes of getting a direct response.

No, I responded to your post concerning the general accusations you made about our side...you took my general response as if I were talking to you personally...which I find interesting since you claim to be on neither side!!

Again, you're making a general comment about our side when you couldn't possibly know how much support we have, it's pure speculation at best in hopes of getting a direct response.
gooooooo TEAMSTERS!!!!!!