TForce | To old Motor Cargo Drivers, How Many Customers Have we Lost

mossbackman

TB Lurker
Credits
I talked to a P&D driver last week and he said that he lost 3 customers from his route because they recognized the same old Overnite excuses under the UPS Freight name. Other Drivers are sayin the same thing. How many customers do we have to loose before we're all out of work !

mossbackman said:
I talked to a P&D driver last week and he said that he lost 3 customers from his route because they recognized the same old Overnite excuses under the UPS Freight name. Other Drivers are sayin the same thing. How many customers do we have to loose before we're all out of work !

I'm not an old MC Driver,but I will say...at present we are still run by the same people as old "O".
Ups cant make the changes that need made overnight(no pun intended).
They need to weed through "O" management and put quality people in place...but it will take time.
I would have hoped that they would have corrected issues as of the date they officialy changed the name,but they were too concerned with beards,goatee's,and tatoo's...lol

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I'm not an old MC Driver,but I will say...at present we are still run by the same people as old "O".
Ups cant make the changes that need made overnight(no pun intended).
They need to weed through "O" management and put quality people in place...but it will take time.
I would have hoped that they would have corrected issues as of the date they officialy changed the name,but they were too concerned with beards,goatee's,and tatoo's...lol
I was very relieved when they didn't ay anything about the shape of my butt

All the things I'm reading and seeing disgust me. This company will not change until we get rid of these lame upper and middle managers. We lost a few big accounts too, and it wasn't the drivers or dock workers fault. It was managements inability to follow through on what they promised to the customer. With no accountabilty on all levels, this is like bailing water against the tide. I sure hope someone from Buster Brown's management is reading this. We can't suck enough!!

hugnlug said:
All the things I'm reading and seeing disgust me. This company will not change until we get rid of these lame upper and middle managers. We lost a few big accounts too, and it wasn't the drivers or dock workers fault. It was managements inability to follow through on what they promised to the customer. With no accountabilty on all levels, this is like bailing water against the tide. I sure hope someone from Buster Brown's management is reading this. We can't suck enough!!
Thanks Thats why I started this thread, with the prayer that the man is here !!! I've seen all types of workers at all levels asking what the heck is going on !!!

I ran into a good old friend of mine who happens to be a vendor for the shops, the first thing he asked me was "what the hell is going on over there, doesnt anybody know whats going on?" he says he spends a lot of time on the phone and doesnt make any money but says he is glad to help because they really need it.

Before the intergration joke.....The last Thursday that I ran before the switch, I met 4 sets of triples, and 2 sets of doubles coming out of Las Vegas. All last week and starting this week, they have cut one set of triples 2 out of the 6 days. So all that I met last week and last night is 2sets of triples. And last night the Vegas driver pulled up empties on a Monday! So something is going on. Our Denver guys pulled empties to over and 1 and a empty back.....NOT FEELING WARM AND FUZZY!!!!! Yet purchase power rolls out of SLC daily?????????????????

greezy trucker said:
Before the intergration joke.....The last Thursday that I ran before the switch, I met 4 sets of triples, and 2 sets of doubles coming out of Las Vegas. All last week and starting this week, they have cut one set of triples 2 out of the 6 days. So all that I met last week and last night is 2sets of triples. And last night the Vegas driver pulled up empties on a Monday! So something is going on. Our Denver guys pulled empties to over and 1 and a empty back.....NOT FEELING WARM AND FUZZY!!!!! Yet purchase power rolls out of SLC daily?????????????????
Get this one. We have had road guys go out empty, go to NBR, break the set, sit for a few hours, then rehook a set of empties and come home. Kind of reminds me of an 10 year old little boy playing with his model train set. No rhyme or reason. The management has got to go!!

hugnlug said:
Get this one. We have had road guys go out empty, go to NBR, break the set, sit for a few hours, then rehook a set of empties and come home. Kind of reminds me of an 10 year old little boy playing with his model train set. No rhyme or reason. The management has got to go!!
Let me explain why these drivers are going to NBR empty. Because central dispatch knows how much freight is in and coming into Nbr for the night. So they plan on these drivers to move the freight back to their home terminal. THE PROBLEM= This is what burns me up regarding delay. There are extra boards that leave NBR before midnight. Their are 2-3 terminals that are only a few hours from NBR and their extra board drivers are out at 9:00 pm. So they are in NBR before midnight long before the schedules. They move the freight and the Schedules sit for hours on end waiting for freight. Most terminals have their own extra boards that are the last schedules out. Thats for clean up Extra freight. How can you have extra freight before midnight? These extra boards should not be arriving in NBR untill 2-3 am. Now what have they gained. They **** off alot of other drivers, They let us sit for hours on end. They have to pay that slap in the face delay pay, They pay the extra board extra miles to take someones freight.They pay the extra board d&h and extra miles to go home empty. And they pay the last few drivers to sit in NBR untill 6-7 in the morning and finally let them go home empty. The equiptment is not being utilized in the city because its still on the road at noon time. This is nothing but a complete waist of time and money for the driver and the company. Each terminal has a specific amount of drivers to move their own freight. To solve the problem is so simple but no one will listen. STOP having these extra boards move other drivers freight before line haul even starts in NBR every night. Extra boards are normally a later start time. This way central has a better idea of where the extra freight is. Use the extra boards only if you need them.

Let me ad this, If the drivers were paid real full rate delay pay do you think this would be happening. NO, it costs the company nothing to have drivers sitting around all night. But it does cost the company alot of money for the extra d&h, and extra empty miles. Although the company has always been penny wise and dollar foolish.

hugnlug said:
But hey the Company would go broke paying that EVIL OT and DELAY time. Maybe if this would stop, instead of paying close to union scale they could fork up better than union scale, YA THINK????

BusterNite said:
Let me explain why these drivers are going to NBR empty. Because central dispatch knows how much freight is in and coming into Nbr for the night. So they plan on these drivers to move the freight back to their home terminal. THE PROBLEM= This is what burns me up regarding delay. There are extra boards that leave NBR before midnight. Their are 2-3 terminals that are only a few hours from NBR and their extra board drivers are out at 9:00 pm. So they are in NBR before midnight long before the schedules. They move the freight and the Schedules sit for hours on end waiting for freight. Most terminals have their own extra boards that are the last schedules out. Thats for clean up Extra freight. How can you have extra freight before midnight? These extra boards should not be arriving in NBR untill 2-3 am. Now what have they gained. They **** off alot of other drivers, They let us sit for hours on end. They have to pay that slap in the face delay pay, They pay the extra board extra miles to take someones freight.They pay the extra board d&h and extra miles to go home empty. And they pay the last few drivers to sit in NBR untill 6-7 in the morning and finally let them go home empty. The equiptment is not being utilized in the city because its still on the road at noon time. This is nothing but a complete waist of time and money for the driver and the company. Each terminal has a specific amount of drivers to move their own freight. To solve the problem is so simple but no one will listen. STOP having these extra boards move other drivers freight before line haul even starts in NBR every night. Extra boards are normally a later start time. This way central has a better idea of where the extra freight is. Use the extra boards only if you need them.

You are thinking WAY too much.....You are failing to see the VISION. Deep breath take their money or the lack there of and we will be out of business when you wake up!!!!

hugnlug said:

Now that sounds like something CF would have done. I remember being brought back 30 miles to the terminal with an empty and pulling in the yard and being told to go hook to an empty to go make a pickup.:duh: :duh:

Ha Ha Ha

I've seen a lot of the former Motor Cargo pricing agreements and contracts that we are now having to honor. Some of these have not been updated in over 5 years. That means 5 years with no rate increases, fuel surcharge updates, accessorial updates, etc. Its a wonder Motor Cargo made any money if other parts of it operated in similar fashion.

Maybe the reason former MTRG shippers are leaving is that they cant have they freight move at rock bottom rates anymore??

CFer said:
Now that sounds like something CF would have done. I remember being brought back 30 miles to the terminal with an empty and pulling in the yard and being told to go hook to an empty to go make a pickup.:duh: :duh:
And it was the unions fault they are no longer around.....Man I just have to scratch my head and go......WHAT!!!!!!

i've been reviewing old motor cargo contracts we have to now honor, and many of them have not had any updates in 5 years...that's 5 years with no rate increases, fuel surcharge adjustments, etc....

its a wonder how Motor Cargo made money if other part of it operated in similar fashion..

maybe the shippers are leaving because the free ride is over with?

Two Quotes from Richmond dispatch one to a LAX road driver the other to a PHO road driver

" We'll come out there and show you how to be successful and fix the west "

I guess from that quote for 85yrs. M/C was broken didn't make money, trashed all our freight had unhappy employee's and lost customers. :shrug:

" Your a driver and don't know anything about moving freight and you don't see the BIG picture do what your told "

K Me is a truck driver :duh:

With statements like that I think asking questions like the ones we are ALL asking is
a waste of time.

Drivers.......Just drive sit back and laugh

greezy trucker said:
You are thinking WAY too much.....You are failing to see the VISION. Deep breath take their money or the lack there of and we will be out of business when you wake up!!!!
When I first came to "O" many years ago, I applied for a managment position. They told me that I was over qualified and to smart for this position and should consider a truck driving position!!!!!!!