Yellow | Transportation Industry Veteran James L. Welch Named New CEO of YRC Worldwide

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., July 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- YRC Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ:YRCW - News) today announced that transportation industry veteran James L. Welch, a former President and CEO of Yellow Transportation, has been named as the company's new Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Welch was appointed CEO, effective immediately, by the new YRC Worldwide Board of Directors today.

"YRC Worldwide is pleased to announce that James L. Welch will lead the newly restructured company forward," said YRC Worldwide Board Chairman James Hoffman. "Mr. Welch brings hands-on institutional knowledge along with an employee and customer-focused approach to a company built on reliability and customer relations. YRC Worldwide is fortunate to have someone with Mr. Welch's skill set at the helm as this company moves forward. His leadership, coupled with the company's new financial liquidity, places YRC Worldwide in a strong position to regain its competitive edge in the transportation marketplace." ........................

Transportation Industry Veteran James L. Welch Named New CEO of YRC Worldwide - Yahoo! Finance

Or here : http://investors.yrcw.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=593617

Yes, Welcome back James,but could you send some those 57K trailers to 429.We need them badly.We asked for emty's and got a 53' trailer full of dollies.

I dont know about the next handle, however maybe higher profit for the next quarter, give or
take changes in management. SWI

If I were Welch I would if at all possible I would split Yellow from the Big R . That whole thing was a disaster for both companies especially for the Yellow employees . Yellow concentrated on moving their freight that was their #1 priority were as Roadways #1 priority was writing warning letters and to rack up as many firings as possible then moving their freight . Both companies had a drastically different business plan . Again split them up Roadway guys go back to the old Roadway terminals and Yellow guys go back to their old terminals . Example look at Holland , doing good to the point they are having job fairs, why? because they are aloud to operate seperatly same goes for New Penn.:1036316054:

If I were Welch I would if at all possible I would split Yellow from the Big R . That whole thing was a disaster for both companies especially for the Yellow employees . Yellow concentrated on moving their freight that was their #1 priority were as Roadways #1 priority was writing warning letters and to rack up as many firings as possible then moving their freight . Both companies had a drastically different business plan . Again split them up Roadway guys go back to the old Roadway terminals and Yellow guys go back to their old terminals . Example look at Holland , doing good to the point they are having job fairs, why? because they are aloud to operate seperatly same goes for New Penn.:1036316054:

That will be pretty hard to do considering most of the terminals have been sold.

That will be pretty hard to do considering most of the terminals have been sold.
The ones not sold should be utilized and the ones that were sold, then they should partition off the dock till they can find new ones . Example CGB Chicago Ridge CGB 300 could be used rather than sit there with huge propriety taxes mounting also a great dock till a Roadway manager who is no longer with YRC just about destroyed the place . IMO.

I do agree with using the terminals that are sitting instead of paying big leases. but whay you seem to forget with your blame game.
who made this mess in the 1st place?

The ones not sold should be utilized and the ones that were sold, then they should partition off the dock till they can find new ones . Example CGB Chicago Ridge CGB 300 could be used rather than sit there with huge propriety taxes mounting also a great dock till a Roadway manager who is no longer with YRC just about destroyed the place . IMO.

The Roadway manager destroyed the place, because the Yellow CEO told him to.

I do agree with using the terminals that are sitting instead of paying big leases. but whay you seem to forget with your blame game.
who made this mess in the 1st place?
The Big R CEO should have told Zollars to :butt kiss: but no he fall for it the same as Adam and Eve ,now ya see what happen .