SAIA | truck damage unreported

rewind

TB Lurker
Credits
:chairshot: Was wondering how many of yall see on a daily basis trucks damaged and nobody seems to have done it? And the shop seem to never fix it, or would I say fix it correctly. Here in jax we have 2 2006 model linehaul units that one has red duct tape over the entire right side fender where it was damaged and :shit:ty done. And another 2006 that the back half the fender next to the door behind front wheel drivers side that must have at least 10 rolls of clear box tape holding the fender on. And as always nobody knows who did it. Another 2005 that the left side fender is bent out and sticking straight out been that way for about 4 months. Just a mild observation.

I think its the same everywhere around SAIA and all freight companies... There is no money in fixing anything right... If it will go down the road and isn't a safety concern then no big deal... Someone crushed the fairing behind my drivers door and they were not going to fix it... I told the shop "D.O.T Does not allow the airlines and light cord to rest on the catwalk" so they had to fix it!!! Its like the 5 monkeys around here... I see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing, know nothing, and fix nothing!!! !!!SHARE AND CARE!!!

Yeah I know been here 14 years and it just sems that some of the guys they hire now and then are just like they were desparate.

I'll say it again......

Stupid
And
Idiotic
A$$holes
:chairshot:

A great man once said "YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY".
I don't see saia spending any money to make things any better or any easier.
Thank you, thank you very much. :chairshot:

Desperate isn't the word.. Last year in DLS they were hiring them so fast and throwing them into trucks..They wouldn't even train anyone just give them keys and point what way to go!!! After they would get back the background check and drug test they would have to fire them!!! SHARE AND CARE!!!

same in fontana ca. brand new 08sssssssssss and 07nzzzzz damaged, and nobody seezzzzz anything.by the time they get to line haul rotation they are damaged goods.saw an org shuttle driver drag a loaded trailer around the yard with landing gear down,by the time he got to us they were smoking,left a groove half way around the yard,he didnt care..

ran outta space, the company puts these newbeeeesssss in a brand new truck and say go.they dont want to drive the 0/5 /04/03 trucks they want new.they stand outside and wait b-4 they will drive an older model.pisses my *** off,well i put in my 2 cents.have a good day

Two comments.

First make sure you document on your pretrip VIR any damage. Cover yer yewknowhat. Just in case somebody gets their panties wadded up and start enforcing the rules, you are then covered. The last guy that didn't note the damage will most likely be on the hook.

Secondly, there isn't really a whole lot of incentive to report damage one does especially with the job on the line. When I first started with SAIA I drove one of the city tractors for 3 years and had only one scratch on the fender from some umarked rebar at a construction site. Had to start driving a tandem on the route after being shut down by DOT for being overweight. I checked the same tractor two months later and both back corners of the cab were caved in.
Methinks the yard jockeys were responsible as they had been doing this to a lot of the trucks trying to make fast turns to back trailers into the doors. Nobody ever seemed to know who drove the tractors at night.

Two comments.

First make sure you document on your pretrip VIR any damage. Cover yer yewknowhat. Just in case somebody gets their panties wadded up and start enforcing the rules, you are then covered. The last guy that didn't note the damage will most likely be on the hook.

Secondly, there isn't really a whole lot of incentive to report damage one does especially with the job on the line. When I first started with SAIA I drove one of the city tractors for 3 years and had only one scratch on the fender from some umarked rebar at a construction site. Had to start driving a tandem on the route after being shut down by DOT for being overweight. I checked the same tractor two months later and both back corners of the cab were caved in.
Methinks the yard jockeys were responsible as they had been doing this to a lot of the trucks trying to make fast turns to back trailers into the doors. Nobody ever seemed to know who drove the tractors at night.

ain't it amazing. they don't know who drives the trucks breaking freight but they will spend 60 minutes or more going thru old vir reports to find who drove the truck last. GET THIS ONE!!!!!I RADIOED IN ONE DAY AND TOLD'EM THAT THE AM-FM ANTENEA HAD FALLEN OFF AND WAS HANGING BY THE CORD. IT HAD BEEN WRITTEN UP 6 MONTHS BEFORE THAT IT WAS LOOSE. I GOT WRITTEN UP JUST AS IF IT WAS A ACCIDENT. :chairshot: it is simply amazing how they write up some and leave the rest alone. how is it that they will listen to a driver, :toxic: that hardly knows a route, but the driver that has been on that route 10 years does not know what he is talking about???? how does a newbie walk in the door and get the best route????:butt kiss: ??:toxic:

Well here in jax fl I was in city for 10 years basically running Daytona Beach everyday. Atl for 2 years city also. And the old way was better newbie come in and he drove the oldest pc shixzxz on yard. then it got to be first one in grabbed the keys they wanted and before you know it all the new guys were driving all the newer trucks. Then us oldies had junk. I could care less I had an assign freightlineer daycab then. Then management stepped in and now they hand out keys, to drivers and some drive junk some don't.

Well here in jax fl I was in city for 10 years basically running Daytona Beach everyday. Atl for 2 years city also. And the old way was better newbie come in and he drove the oldest pc shixzxz on yard. then it got to be first one in grabbed the keys they wanted and before you know it all the new guys were driving all the newer trucks. Then us oldies had junk. I could care less I had an assign freightlineer daycab then. Then management stepped in and now they hand out keys, to drivers and some drive junk some don't.

That's full of shiite :nutkick:

I think in DLS they do a pretty good job handing out the keys..I guess i can say that because i have a 07 assigned to me!! My buddy is new and he gets a lot of junk and i told him that's the way it goes!!! I have to say why would anyone report doing damage?? If you report it you get fired and if you don't you have a chance of not getting caught and keeping your job!! Around this place it all depends who you are if you get into trouble!! SHARE AND CARE!!!!!

"Around this place it all depends who you are if you get into trouble!! "

Ain't it funny how you can look at some people and know if they get in trouble or not. Here at GNC we have some of these.:toxic:

We don't need no Stinkin policies !

Managments main policy is to NOT put anything policy related in writing, so noone can come back at them. Also it really looks STUPID in writing.
Like Law Enforcment they do "selective enforcment" of elusive policies that disappear with the victim. They also have selective memories.
So do you feel lucky ?