SAIA | truck damage unreported

Equipment mix and match....

Hey guys, I worked SAIA for 5 years, and some of the things I saw made me want to puke,.....I remeber driving in to a stop one day with a tractor that a clear tape job on the front signal light , I saw the guys standing on the yard pointing and laughing as I drove into a big shipyard, they all knew me, what were they laughing at, when I got out, I saw I was driving around with the signal light hanging by the wires.....how professional! I cant say how many times I pulled BRAND NEW trailers with big gashes on the sides and bent rims. Brand new city tractors with jacknife crushes on the corners, one of the many reasons I quit was that, and the way management treated me when I was s upervisor, drivers have it ok, but mgmnt, treated me like doo doo, thats why I went back to driving, but I couldnt stomach the BS, so I flew.....

There is not much incentive to report damage that one causes. Often, since there is such little accountability in regards to damaging vehicles other than one's personal integrity (and we see how much there is of that) unreported damage is rampant.

As for repairs, well the numbers for the shop will dictate whether the parts will be purchased to make the repairs or the truck will be placed in service with the disrepair not necessary for safe operation of the vehicle.

That low O.R. is paramount. Maintenence is ......um....sorta....kinda important.

That low O.R. is paramount. Maintenence is ......um....sorta....kinda important.
EXACTLY!... Just more evidence of all of these freight companies' priorities today...
I well remember when Louis was running the show. You never seen Saia equipment on the road with outward or noticable damage... And most of all... DIRTY!... It's just numbers and smoke and mirrors with all of these companies' now... The pride is gone...

The people that run these companies' today aren't the people that started them or members of the families that started them. That's where the pride went... It's all about the numbers now...

At least we know how new the trailers are.....by the amount of accumulated dirt.

As for the tractors, one can become greasy washing the trucks as the hoses and floor are covered in grease. Besides the spray wands only knock off the loose stuff.