XPO | Truck Driver Scarcity Pulls Down Con-way Volume, Profit

If you guys head over to the YRC forum, there is a thread started showing that YRC is installing the drive cam into portions of their fleet. It will go industry wide.

I dont know why people complain about drive cams. IF your not doing anything wrong what's to worry about.

If anything that camera being there makes me a better driver. I watch my following distance, I'll always wear my seatbelt, I won't speed. Just so I won't have I go in and get "coached" the camera is helpful. I'd like to think that if I were to be in an accident it be there to help protect me too.

There's always going to be the people that find the negative and can't just let things go.

I dont know why people complain about drive cams. IF your not doing anything wrong what's to worry about.

If anything that camera being there makes me a better driver. I watch my following distance, I'll always wear my seatbelt, I won't speed. Just so I won't have I go in and get "coached" the camera is helpful. I'd like to think that if I were to be in an accident it be there to help protect me too.

There's always going to be the people that find the negative and can't just let things go.
Con-way Truckload has the drive cams being installed with one difference:
They only face out to the traffic.

One of the reasons I hate taking lunch in the truck any more. That thing is always on.

Are you eating lunch while you are driving and setting the camera off? It doesn't record all the time. Only 8 seconds in the event of a accident, hard stop, fast turn, pot hole. 4 seconds before and 4 seconds after.

One of the reasons I hate taking lunch in the truck any more. That thing is always on.

This is right from drive cams website. Just hate to see people spreading things that arnt true.

Q. What does the DriveCam Video Event Recorder capture?

A. The DriveCam Video Event Recorders (VER) continually record driving data and provide continuous feedback to the driver. Additionally, video and audio – focused on the road outside the vehicle and on the driver – are continually recorded on a short loop but only stored when the vehicle exceeds a preset threshold (e.g. hard braking or a collision). Recorded video and audio includes up to eight seconds before an event and four seconds after.

That's not just what I am told, it's a fact.

Not everyone is out to get you.
It continuously records. Thats a fact. Is the light always on indicating that the camera is operating? Do you have access to the memory? Dont be so gullible.

It continuously records. Thats a fact. Is the light always on indicating that the camera is operating? Do you have access to the memory? Dont be so gullible.

It continuously records. Yes fact. What good does recording do if it's not saved??? It only saves and sends in 8 seconds!!!! Me I'm not gullible.

just telling you how it is.

It continuously records. Yes fact. What good does recording do if it's not saved??? It only saves and sends in 8 seconds!!!! Me I'm not gullible.

just telling you how it is.
Saves and sends in 8 seconds. Sure pal. Doesnt take a big memory card to save hours of footage. And how does it send? Where does it send it to? I dont need a camera staring me in the face to make me a better driver like you. Just make sure you look pretty for the camera. Brother is watching always

Saves and sends in 8 seconds. Sure pal. Doesnt take a big memory card to save hours of footage. And how does it send? Where does it send it to? I dont need a camera staring me in the face to make me a better driver like you. Just make sure you look pretty for the camera. Brother is watching always

Where do you get these crazy ideas?

Is this some propaganda the teamsters are trying to feed you? Do you even drive for conway?

Where do you get these crazy ideas?

Is this some propaganda the teamsters are trying to feed you? Do you even drive for conway?
Crazy ideas? The camera continuously records. Thats a fact. It is always on. What do teamsters have to do with anything? I think and observe for myself. Get with reality.

Crazy ideas? The camera continuously records. Thats a fact. It is always on. What do teamsters have to do with anything? I think and observe for myself. Get with reality.

I'm just trying to grasp how you can think that. Do some research before spouting out this nonsense.