XPO | Truck Driver Scarcity Pulls Down Con-way Volume, Profit

I'm just trying to grasp how you can think that. Do some research before spouting out this nonsense.
Research. You said it continuously records. Put a cover over that camera for a week and tell me what happens. Think for yourself and stop being so gullible to what the company feeds you.

I'll gladly put a cover of it while I'm parked. What will happen? Nothing.

You are getting your opinion confused with actual facts

Cover it while driving. Im thinkin there will be a talking to for you. You dont have facts. You have what you were told.

IOQppg3.jpg

I'm waiting for someone to talk me....

i went thru this at us foods. they don't need an "event" to nail you. if they don't like you, they can pull your entire route every day and go over it to nitpick, if they want.

Ah. And you know everything because of the website faq. It continuously records and lytx has the ability to go back 90 days for that camera. Again I say. Cover the camera while you are peddling your route. Let me know what happens.
That's against company policy. They have the ability to go back through 90 days worth of events, not actual footage.

What about the people that were blocking the cameras with their visors and told to stop ? Them cameras do more than they say they use them for.
I was one of them. If an event is triggered and it's blacked out, that's when drivers were spoken to. I have a cover for mine to be used in sensitive areas. Once they realized where I was, no problem. I'm not defending the cameras, not in the least. But if you don't like them, find a carrier that doesn't have them installed.

Good point. I don't have access to the employee portal up here. We have protections here that you don't in the states. I guess someone could push the issue if they chose to.

Another thing that is going to really start hurting these idiots is all the raising the minimum wage stuff. If they are paying the guy at McDonalds $15 how much value is there to a potential employee for your $20 job ? They keep talking about competing with the other LTLs. But their competition for drivers is the job market as a whole. The health care has been gutted and the retirement is gone. The way they are towards their drivers, this place is a lot like working at a McDonalds. Even now, as the shortage is sinking in, we are dime a dozen. Where is the value in this wheel I am holding ? Where is our next raise ? It's my money and I want it now !

last I heard, the fast food corporations are experimenting with automated kiosks for burgers and fries. they can pay a couple guys a good wage to drive around and fill the kiosks with a small straight truck with a reefer unit. and instead of having 30 employees, they can have 4, save a ton of money, and offer cheaper food at the same time...