Truck/motorcycles wreck I-85 Greensboro NC

I saw both drivers standing behind the truck with a trooper when I went by. They looked like immigrants to me (white guys in 70's track suits= Russian looking) They didn't appear upset about anything either
The driver was in his 30's.Also,there was another car that was involved that hasnt been told.One of our dispatchers told be yesterday.Interesting

Apparently they are Latino, arguing that arrest was not valid because, arresting officer did not speak Spanish...here we go with this crap
I would bet that the driver of the truck never sees Florida until he completes his prison time in N.C. There is no way that N.C. is going to let this man get out of their hands(if they do they are crazy he would be long gone)

If you listen to the news report it says he was RELEASED on 100,000 bond.

Maybe they are wrong but released to me means you can RUN.

My cousin does it all the time!!!!!!!!

I sure wish someone would get the "straight" of this. The links that have been posted cannot be the man. One is a black man, the truck driver was an immigrant and spoke Spanish and both links list both men as having local addresses. One report states he is free out on bail and another reports he is still in jail??? I just cannot believe that the man is free on bail. Knowing North Carolina, his ass is in North Carolina for a long, long time.

Something is screwy with the jail links. They show different people over time. This morning the second link DID show the truck driver. Now it's showing someone else.

The driver is at this link right now (3:25pm EDST):
http://reports.guilfordcountysherif...=&cdr=&td=0&at=&og=&agf=&agt=&sa=&pi=0&ii=139

aM345SW.jpg

Reading the posts on this tragic topic I see most of you are addressing the unsafe practice of pulling to the shoulders of interstates.
However I notice in the video report that investigators are sure the trucker had drifted off to sleep which caused him to veer right.
So in that respect my take on this sad event is the hours of service should have never been changed,even though I know that is a mute point.
With the old hours of service rules,it was okay for a sleepy trucker to pull off in a safe area & grab a nap before continuing on.
With the current system companies are pushing their drivers to max out their hours to make delivery & pickup times.
Had this trucker not dozed off in my opinion,none of us would have been addressing this tragedy.
The HOS rule change had nothing to do with it. The co driver was awake in the jump seat. The driver forgot how to speak English. You can figure out the rest.

Well hay then hours of service,or not,a lot of sleepy drivers need to pull off & take a nap.
To refresh themselves,& avoid tragedies like this.