Truck Wreck found 24 Hrs. Later

Considering the angle of descent as well the extensively obliterated tractor, it appears rather unlikely the Driver survived for very long if at all and most probably not conscious I hope.
There are MANY such ditches and similar constructs *(either Natural or created through Road construct)* all over the U.S.A. that can easily conceal Large Vehicles especially when there are no obvious entry points, explosions or fires.
*NC to CA for example*

This Link confirms just how DANGEROUS is Trucking and a portent of the Future of Trucking, considering the accumulation (from this date back 5 years) of Trucking Accidents, Crashes, Wrecks.
I seriously doubt there were 761 Police Officers killed on the job in 2014 (or last year).
.....trucking fatalities have increased over the last five years and show no signs of reversing course.

WATCH OUT, YOUR LIFE may well be the LIFE YOU SAVE!!

Last edited:
Unbelievable that nobody saw this sooner.
It wasn't 'seen', he was found through his cell phone after having been reported missing by his employer, without that cell phone how long would it have taken? I am surprised that many people do not know that all modern cell phones are required to have GPS and they transmit a caller's position when they dial 911. I met a guy who was in a car wreck out in the southwest (NM I think) who laid in a ditch with his buddies (I don't know if any others or how many survived) for two days before he was found. This was long before cell phones and he's lucky he got found alive at all.

I was reading the comments from the article. All the hi-tech devices in these trucks today that these OTR Truck Load Carriers use and the E-logs, apparently all shut down when the truck is wrecked and the batteries are destroyed, only his cell phone knew his location.

On board systems like Qualcom can pinpoint a truck location down to a few feet. A while back a truck driver was wanted in a neighboring state for spousal abuse. The police asked his employer if they knew where he was. The employer told them they knew within a few feet where the truck was. He was found in the sleeper where he was arrested.
Cell phones can be "pinged" & the location of the signal is not difficult to locate.