Trucker has been charged for a fatal crash on I-88 in Aurora,IL.

Read other article stating the company he worked for has over 100 documented safety violations in the last 4 years and has been dropped by 6 insurance companies in 6 years. Also is second fatal for them too. Sounds like another nightmare of deregulation.

Ragbag trucking companies are a dime a dozen in the chicagoland area. This guy's done along with the creep that killed the trooper on the Tollway

The driver may very well go to prison, but the company he drivers for just move on to the next foreign driver. Several years ago a container truck pulling a container with no brakes rear ended a minibus full of senior women I believe on I-90. I believe 2 or 3 of the women were killed. If I'm not mistaken the company was Frontline Trucking. A few weeks later Frontline didn't exist any long, but Primeline Trucking came to life. I think they need to figure out some way to stop trucking company owners from changing names and then back to business as usual.

We can thank deregulation for all the fly by night rate cutters. Not enough profit to hire PROFESSIONAL drivers.

alot of talk about this on the cb in the chicagoland area, heard theres supposed to be a news special tonight about truck accidents in illinois. can't confirm that

There was a small local trucking company operating in Rochester NY,back around late 1990 to early 2000's.
The owner filed bankruptcy in the morning & started hauling with the same equipment & drivers in the afternoon under another company name.
I guess going under for a business is not as hard as when your an individual.

Another report Durbin calls for investigation of fatal crash - Aurora Beacon News

The part that gets me....."Steven Goldman, Velasquez’s attorney, denied the trucker was sleepy behind the wheel despite working 37 hours straight before the crash." This driver was a complete idiot!!!

And one of the owners claimed he was not their driver since he was driving for a contractor. The owners IMO are as guilty as the driver and should be held partially responsible. Their name was on the truck.

The driver may very well go to prison, but the company he drivers for just move on to the next foreign driver. Several years ago a container truck pulling a container with no brakes rear ended a minibus full of senior women I believe on I

I suspect that most of these trucks we see on the highways from the Chicago area are trying to stay one step ahead of the law, the bank, insurance company etc...
Have you noticed the minimal markings on these trucks? Usually a plain jane company name and address sticker on each side of the tractor and nothing on the trailer.
It's way too easy to slap a new company name over the old one and keep on violating the law.

The driver may very well go to prison, but the company he drivers for just move on to the next foreign driver. Several years ago a container truck pulling a container with no brakes rear ended a minibus full of senior women I believe on I

I suspect that most of these trucks we see on the highways from the Chicago area are trying to stay one step ahead of the law, the bank, insurance company etc...
Have you noticed the minimal markings on these trucks? Usually a plain jane company name and address sticker on each side of the tractor and nothing on the trailer.
It's way too easy to slap a new company name over the old one and keep on violating the law.

Especially the Container Haulers

The owner says she can't be in the trucks and doesn't know what they're doing. Well, who kept sending the guy dispatches? Somebody had to know. I think before they changed the h.o.s. In July, if anything e.o.b.r's should have been mandated. The paper log cheaters will just keep on cheating.