Trucker reaching for a fallen pack of cigarettes crashed near Atlanta,GA.

Another one of those twits that believes telling the truth about how stupidity caused such calamity.

I usually have a reserve pack within close proximity.
i seem to recall many years ago, when i was doing linehaul on I-84 in CT, a Schneider truck driver was doing the same thing (at least he said so) and he rear ended a group of vehicles stopped due to construction, squashing the car in front of him, into another rig. of course killing the car driver.

this crap of inattention irks me to no end, and it is NOT ONLY truck drivers, it's ANY DRIVER of any vehicle.

anyone remember the days of old, when seat belts were NOT the laws? and a mom driving would turn around and smack or yell at her kids in the back seat?

i can only wonder, how many families were killed back then due to that crap.

Considering the then years of Moms and Dads and Children, WE survived not wearing seat belts as well not needing in car movies AND it was a lot easier travelling without computers and the other, like these days, electronic garbage.
WE survived because of minimal distractions AND because most people driving didn't have the need to speed thereby eliminating the potentials for Accidents, Crashes, Wrecks, unlike these many years gone and to come.
- - -
There was the other wanker a few years ago (2 or 3? probably still available in this forum) in Oregon who ADMITTED WHY HE CRASHED. "Driver" clearly stated (according to the article) "I was reaching for my dropped breakfast burrito when I lost control of combo and rolled over" spilling the flatbed load of Lumber over both sides of road.
THAT was one expensive burrito.

Like the cigarette twit, the other was successful at stopping his "driving career".
- - -
I like to read about these MANY and sadly growing number of useless "drivers" eliminating themselves from Transportation employment in otherwise avoidable scenarios.

Keep The Shiny Side UP!!