Trucker serious condition after being cut off by a pickup on Hywy 121 in TX.

I knew a driver who swerved to avoid hitting a car with several occupants after it pulled directly in front of him from a side road. He would have hit it dead center of the left side. The rig rolled on it's side. He was got a chargeable because the driver of the car left the scene & there were no witnesses. He said if it happened again the vehicle would not be driveable to leave the scene. That accident also happened in Texas.

Last edited:
I also had a similar crash in 1983 working P & D for Hall's Motor Transit.
I was bob tailing with a twin screw to get a trailer South East of my terminal.

I was merging from East West Expressway to the North South Expressway.
Just as I was entering the South Bound traffic flow,a small car was exiting to my right.
However he suddenly veered left 2 lanes in front of me as I was picking up speed.

I glanced in my right mirror to see that it was clear,then cranked the steering wheel hard right to miss him.
After crashing head-on into the stone wall of the off ramp.
I was blessed to have got out with a few scratches and bruises.

When the ambulance,& cops showed up,along with the local news crews.
To film my wrecked tractor,to see the only thing left intact was the frame & rear axles.
The engine broke free & came into the cab,I wasn't wearing a seat belt,they weren't required in those days.
Which in this crash was a good thing,because the engine pushed the steering column through the drivers seat.
I was thrown on the floor on the right side.
The ambulance,cops,& news crews all agreed with me that it was a miracle,I survived the crash.

The guy in the car drove away,but fortunatlly for me a lot of witness saw how the guy made me crash to avoid him.
We also all agreed had I hit him I'd have killed him,& possible myself.

Thank God,there were so many witnesses,I wasn't charged with the crash.

Funny that so many years have past since that crash & I still remember it like it was yesterday.
I guess it is stored in my memory,& is sparked when I see crashes like this.

I also had a similar crash in 1983 working P & D for Hall's Motor Transit.
I was bob tailing with a twin screw to get a trailer South East of my terminal.

I was merging from East West Expressway to the North South Expressway.
Just as I was entering the South Bound traffic flow,a small car was exiting to my right.
However he suddenly veered left 2 lanes in front of me as I was picking up speed.

I glanced in my right mirror to see that it was clear,then cranked the steering wheel hard right to miss him.
After crashing head-on into the stone wall of the off ramp.
I was blessed to have got out with a few scratches and bruises.

When the ambulance,& cops showed up,along with the local news crews.
To film my wrecked tractor,to see the only thing left intact was the frame & rear axles.
The engine broke free & came into the cab,I wasn't wearing a seat belt,they weren't required in those days.
Which in this crash was a good thing,because the engine pushed the steering column through the drivers seat.
I was thrown on the floor on the right side.
The ambulance,cops,& news crews all agreed with me that it was a miracle,I survived the crash.

The guy in the car drove away,but fortunatlly for me a lot of witness saw how the guy made me crash to avoid him.
We also all agreed had I hit him I'd have killed him,& possible myself.

Thank God,there were so many witnesses,I wasn't charged with the crash.

Funny that so many years have past since that crash & I still remember it like it was yesterday.
I guess it is stored in my memory,& is sparked when I see crashes like this.

I was hit in the rear while bob tailing by a young man who went to sleep. The pickup hit the drive tires that pulled the PU into the rear of the cab directly behind me. The PU then went to the left side & took off the driver's side mirror then went down the median on the top. Luckily the young men had on their seat belts & survived. There was a Gumbo Mudder tire print in the cab behind the driver's seat. I immediately called the safety man & told him it did not look good for the occupants of the PU. I have 100% recall of every detail in slow motion. I wanted to tell the boy's parents they all needed to be on the front pew in church that next Sunday humbly on their knees thanking the Lord that their children's lives were spared. The trooper estimated the PU speed to be 100MPH at point of impact.