Truckers get messed up by trusting their GPS.

The trucker that was being interviewed in this report had 22 years.
They never said how many years the trucker had that dumped the tanker.
However even with one entire year under your belt,you think a little commonsense would win over any GPS unit.

The trucker that was being interviewed in this report had 22 years.
They never said how many years the trucker had that dumped the tanker.
However even with one entire year under your belt,you think a little commonsense would win over any GPS unit.
Naw. I then think about all the ones who clobber low bridges, and think, no common sense...

You could be right BIG R GUY,seems like the bridge crashers just don't realize how high their boxes are.
I say they must of slept through math class.

You could be right BIG R GUY,seems like the bridge crashers just don't realize how high their boxes are.
I say they must of slept through math class.
30 years ago, I ran in and out of Chicago area, almost daily with a van, and bridge height was always on my mind. I still believe many of these newer drivers are so focused on the GPS, that they do not pay attention to the signs on the viaduct. Like I said on a previous post, I think maybe a stop sign before any bridge, 13'6", or lower should be put up with the clearance posted next to it. Worth a try I think.

For those foreign drivers, many come from countries that use METRIC SYSTEMS therefore 13' 6" doesn't compute.
13' 6" U.S. converts to 411.48 centimeters over here.

What type of Bridge/Overpass Height Signs are in Canada? Are they not Metric calculations?
Yes, listings for metric and standard here.
Main Page.

Officials said GPS is a very helpful tool, but it shouldn't be the only one you use. "I think we rely on it a lot but again don't forget the basics," said Cobb.

Basics:

1) TRUCKER ROAD ATLAS (seems foreign to newbies) that cannot give specifics on every road yet does list RESTRICTED TO TRUCK TRAFFIC roads yet not possible to complete as a ATLAS would then need be much LARGER.
2) CALL DISPATCH to determine BEST ROUTE or have DISPATCH call customer for directions.
3) Engage BRAIN to utilize COMMON SENSE (which is sadly uncommon).

Here's another fun road that many dimwit, halfwit, nitwit truck drivers used to see as a "shortcut".

Last edited:
For those foreign drivers, many come from countries that use METRIC SYSTEMS therefore 13' 6" doesn't compute.
13' 6" U.S. converts to 411.48 centimeters over here.

What type of Bridge/Overpass Height Signs are in Canada? Are they not Metric calculations?
Yes, listings for metric and standard here.
Main Page.

Officials said GPS is a very helpful tool, but it shouldn't be the only one you use. "I think we rely on it a lot but again don't forget the basics," said Cobb.

Basics:

1) TRUCKER ROAD ATLAS (seems foreign to newbies) that cannot give specifics on every road yet does list RESTRICTED TO TRUCK TRAFFIC roads yet not possible to complete as a ATLAS would then need be much LARGER.
2) CALL DISPATCH to determine BEST ROUTE or have DISPATCH call customer for directions.
3) Engage BRAIN to utilize COMMON SENSE (which is sadly uncommon).

Here's another fun road that many dimwit, halfwit, nitwit truck drivers used to see as a "shortcut".
I gotta laugh at number 2 Cerberus. Call dispatch? Our 2 city dispatchers cannot even figure out that most of our stops are further than a half mile from the terminal.... they think they are all, right down the street.